jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

To parents out there, what age is TOO YOUNG to date? Do you believe that teens

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 20 months ago

To parents out there, what age is TOO YOUNG to date?  Do you believe that teens should date in

high school where the MAIN EMPHASIS should be on studying & getting into college?

2. profile image59
    Kimbelleposted 20 months ago

I personally feel that they shouldn't date in high an put all there attention on a boy because the boys are still really immature an it for me ruined me going to college rite out of high school.

3. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 20 months ago

I think it depends on how they are dating ,if they are consumed by the relationship no time friends school than it is too much.If they are just great friends and having a little Puppy Love type relationship and are not taking it overally serious than it would be ok with me.

4. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

If you think there is a real rape culture, you don't send your daughter alone with a boy ANYWHERE until she is legally old enough to defend herself by any means necessary.
    In any case, a girl shouldn't be alone with a boy until she knows how to defend herself, old enough to engage in sexual activity if she chooses and  understand the red flags that she may be seduced or raped or endangered - which I'd put at 16.
    Before that point, the girls can socialize with other girls or mixed groups of boys and girls but  not be alone with a boy or group of boys.

1. profile image59
      Kimbelleposted 20 months agoin reply to this

this pertains to myself my ex boyfriend of two years. I had two little girls with him a 8 month old 19 month old. I was one of his victims with my second pregnancy. hes headed to jail in august. trying to cope with it all.