Wife is sneaking around behind my back

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image53
    jko1120posted 15 years ago

This is maybe a little different than your ususal cheating spouse situation.  My wife had an relationship with a man about a year ago.  At the time we were separated due to job transition.  We were really separated, she was in Texas and I was in Minnesota.  She has since moved back with me in Minnesota and I have caught her making contact with this guy in Texas about 3 or 4 times since she moved back a year ago.  She claims that those were the only times they spoke and while it is hard for me to believe that I was so lucky to catch her the only times she made the calls, I also don't have any proof otherwise.  I spoke with the guys wife today and she confronted him and he admitted they have been talking but she does not have any proof of when and how frequently.

I believe that they are making contact using calling cards and other peoples phones.  I have looked for calling card numbers, but I believe that she is being pretty careful. 

I guess I am looking for some advice on how to track down these pre-paid card calls, which I believe are being made off our home phone.  Right now all I know is that my phone bill does not show when 800 #' calls are made, just local and long distance #'s

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My first thought is why are you going through this? She already admitted having a relationship with another man and you obviously don't trust her and she's done nothing to restore your faith in her! What you need to do is give her an ultimatum either seek counseling together and take the necessary steps to restore faith and your marriage or divorce! Of course, if you decide to stay together you're going to have to learn to trust her again. If you can't then it's over!

1. Rangerwife profile image61
        Rangerwifeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

AGREE!

"My first thought is why are you going through this? She already admitted having a relationship with another man and you obviously don't trust her and she's done nothing to restore your faith in her! What you need to do is give her an ultimatum either seek counseling together and take the necessary steps to restore faith and your marriage or divorce! Of course, if you decide to stay together you're going to have to learn to trust her again. If you can't then it's over! "

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Face breaking!

2. aremeis profile image61
      aremeisposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Firstly, it would help if you could have some private moments by yourself and think about where this relationship is heading to. It would be good if you could do some reflections here on your own before you approach your wife.

In a relationship, I think it is quite normal for even ourselves to be moving on and making new friends and acquaintances. So, it is just a matter as to whether the moving on is going to be together or separate ways. You will also need to see if your wife still loves you and would want to carry on with you. Sit down and have a heart to heart talk.

There is no point trying to second guess or catch her red handed, there's no prizes and certainly not worth than a trip to the lotto lottery stand. I think what matters now is whether the 2 of you could be together and be happy to the end.

Just think over what I have said here and hope my $0.02 worth will be of help.

3. Anamika S profile image69
      Anamika Sposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't think there is anything wrong with your wife talking to her ex boyfriend. I talk with my ex boyfriend too, but that does not mean i am sleeping with him. You need to learn to trust your wife because trust is the basis of any relationship.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Hire a private detective.

1. TravelMonkey profile image61
      TravelMonkeyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you are feeling the need to hire a private detective then I would advise you to abandon the relationship. If you feel the need to hire a detective then you are either paranoid or she cannot be trusted, both need to be ironed out if you want to make the relationship work.

You need to sit down with her and explaining your situation, as Poppa Blues suggested, seek counselling.

I truly hope you can resolve this matter.

Best of luck,
      TM

3. broalexdotinfo profile image56
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

Does your wife/girlfriend also contact him by messenger or e-mail ? I am not talking about hacking e-mail accounts, there are way smarter moves to find the truth using some simple techniques.

I am a bit too young to join this conversation as I have never had a cheating partner, but I am the kind of person that will only give one small little chance in a life time, anybody that will even try gaming me in a relationship will not even get an explanation.

There is a nice TV Show in Romania, which I used to follow on Saturdays called "Cheaters". Just trying to cheer you up a bit. smile The women in case was very gelous and suspecting her husband of infidelity, she ended up catching her husband with two men.  lol

smile

4. Ntweetyd profile image61
    Ntweetydposted 15 years ago

I think if you don't have trust then you don't have anything.  If she is still contacting the other man then I think you should have the self-dignity to end the marriage.  NOBODY deserves to be treated like that.  It is not right.  If the show was on the other foot, how do you think she would react if you were to talk to another woman???  If she wouldn't be bothered, then she doesn't really love you and is only there for the "comfort" and "convenience" of the marriage.

You owe it to yourself to make things better for yourself.  Life is too short to be married to someone who isn't faithful to you and not commited to your vows that you said.

Just my opinion.  smile  Good luck to you
    Nicole

5. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Here is my advise sit down and find out why she is doing what she does. Sometimes something is missing in the relationship and it is hard to discuss. I understand you are hurt and in pain but if you Love her then both of you can get through this deception. Talk do not yell and if you used to do little things for her when you are first together then show her how much you appreciate her.Candlelight dinner etc. , Divorce can be ugly and if both of you are not ready to end it , then work through it as that should be the last resort. Try Marriage counseling before you abandon ship.  I sincerely hope that both of you can get through this and I am certainly glad that you were able to reach out and discuss it and remember marriage is a 50/50 relationship so if she at anytime felt overburdened with her load you may find that the 50/50 was 20/30 do you checks and balances and keep an open mind and you will definitely find the answers. smile

6. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

I'm inclined to agree with the statement, "if you don't have trust you don't have anything".

Ask yourself, why do you want to stay with this woman?  A legitimate reason might be because you have kids who need a stable home.  Otherwise, what are you hanging around for?   

Veronica has some great relationship Hubs, including this one:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Forgiving_a_Che … _an_Affair

7. guidebaba profile image57
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

I can GUESS that you were Newly Married the time you got separated. Newly Married Couples are Hungry for LOVE and SEX. Your wife missed you. She missed the Love and Sex that She was Expecting after Marriage. She found these 2 in the other man. This is quite common happening around the world.

Doesn't make it right.  It shouldn't be accepted.  I would never let my husband do that, and if I thought it was possible, he'd be gone.  I love him dearly (and know he would never do this to me), but cheating is the one thing I can't handle.  I'm better than that, and so the the author of the original post.

2. dingdong profile image56
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sex, OK. But we can't say she got real love from others smile

8. primenet profile image56
    primenetposted 15 years ago

Well, my simple suggestion is for you to learn to trust her. Believe her and free your mind about her. I want to believe before you came together again, you did made some agreement on how to move your marriage forward.

Those resolutions should be your proirity for now. Try avoid anything that could lead to breakup. As the man you have a responsibilty to make your marriage work.

Be aware that you are the CEO of that marriage.

Cheers!

I also believe that he has the responsibility to make the marriage work, but trusting someone who is untrustworthy is not the way.  Maybe he needs to change his actions, and she will in response.  But trusting someone who doesn't deserve it is not the right route.

9. Princessa profile image80
    Princessaposted 15 years ago

I think spying on your wife will not make any difference.  It will NOT stop her form contacting the other man (if she wants to keep contact, she will find a way) even if you tell her that you know about it. 

She had someone else when you were physically separated -even if you were still in a relationship-  Maybe it was just sexual... Were you  faithful to her during that time? 

Genes may be to blame for infidelity:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3783031.stm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)