That's why they call it dope!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Shawn May Scott profile image60
    Shawn May Scottposted 12 years ago

Can you believe it an Arizona Mom leaves her baby on the roof of the car and drives away after smoking dope. After hearing this news report I came straight to the forum to get your opinions on this incident. I personally am appalled and think that some very stiff actions need to be taken against this mother. So okay Hubpages community what do you think? Should we still be looking at legalizing this stuff??? (from where I live I cannot get a photo of the woman can some else post it for us? Thanks)

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Dope is too general of a word to have any clue in which to figure out what exactly your issue is aside from the fact that the woman left her child on top of her car and drove away.

People don't need to drugs to have that happen. Just a thought.

3. jacharless profile image72
    jacharlessposted 12 years ago

Babies, Briefcases, Starbucks Lattes, Chef Knives, a drunk college buddy, my exes luggage -oh wait. It happens more than people think, dope or not. Heck, people in their right minds leave children, animals -even their keys- in cars.
    James

Shawn May Scottposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She admitted to doing so before the incident occurred. Look up the article before you put me down. Please.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No one is putting you down. Get over yourself.

The point IS that people will do stupid things with or without dope(your completely too generalized word).

4. Haunty profile image72
    Hauntyposted 12 years ago

Shawn May Scott, you are too quick to judge others without knowing anything about the circumstances.

Read the article. She was high and left her five week old infant on the top of the car!!! Your comment???? Really?????

You didn't provide a link to an article. Do you expect people to do your work for you? You're the one complaining about the article, yet you expect people to go on a fishing expedition looking for an article you supposedly read somewhere online.

WOW! How absurd is that. No answer required. It is what it is.

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

The GOP nominee for president drove for miles with his dog on top of the car.
    Does that make him a dope?
    Should stiff actions be taken against him?

P.S. Would you rate that as better or worse than the mother who left her two kids in an idling (yes, keys in ignition, engine on) car with the window cracked while she went and used a tanning bed?

Do you truly want my opinion on a comparison???? There is none.

roll

6. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 12 years ago

I've driven away with a birthday cake on top of my car once, and a case of beer (when I was still a drinker) another time.  Both times without an ounce of mind altering substance in my system.

I thought dope was a term used for herion?

Dope is the name given to most street drugs. Although marijuana is the most famous for the name. As for you driving away with a cake on the roof .... Well that appears to be harmless. Jam gladno substances were involved!!!

7. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

What exactly was she smoking?
    Weed? Crack? Crank? Smack?

Are you going to provide the link to the article?

Maybe she forgot she had a baby. I mean, the kid was only 5 weeks old.
    Babies take some getting used to. There is a period of adjustment and it often involves severe sleep deprivation...

8. breathe2travel profile image74
    breathe2travelposted 12 years ago

I read the article also, which reports the mom had been smoking marijuana with her boyfriend. http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/sto … 55349990/1

Thanks for finding a link, I was having trouble with that. It seems some sites will not allow access to certain articles and photos because of cross boarder laws.

Yes this young mother was high on pot and left her child on the roof of the car and drove away. I have read many comments that have been in defense of the mother. I am waiting for someone to defend that child. This innocent 5 week old who cannot do anything for him/herself but yet we sit in defence of being foolish adults and too preoccupied to realize we have left something on top of our car and drive away. Objets are one thing but your living, breathing, sweet and innocent child is completly another. I am astonded at some of the responses.

9. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I just read the article and sounds to me like this might be a blessing in disuise for that baby. He was found by police, unharmed, and is now being cared for.  I don't think the 19 year old mother and her boyfriend are ready or responsible enough to be parents just yet.  Maybe it's better that the alcohol and drug use is addressed sooner rather than later. This should be a wakeup call for the mother.

I agree. You said it all very clearly. smile

10. Alastar Packer profile image68
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

The mother needs to decide what is more important to her- pot or her child. Driving off with a baby on top of the car should not be taken lightly under any circumstances and no doubt Ariz. CPS will decide what's best in this case. Is there anything more precious and vulnerable than a little baby?

Alastar, good to hear from you as always. Absolutly the mother needs to decide what is more important. I agree this should not be takn lightly for any reason. The child is okay but can you imagine what could have happened? We spend so much time protecting our off spring with helmets and car seats etc. I wonder what was going through her mind at the time.

There is nothing more precious than a little baby!!! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)