Chocolate cake recipe with frosting
Cakes are my ever time favorite experimentation stuffs. I got my love for cake recipe from my father. During Christmas time, he used to make cakes in bundles and distributed among his friends and relatives, along with his home made wine. That was a time of Joy and celebration. He did'nt had even OVEN with him, He used a mechanism to bake, using his gas stove itself. The taste of his cake is still in my mouth.. any way even though, I wont come as much better as he do, I do get appreciation from him and that make me feel so proud, that after all I'm his daughter ;)
Chocolate cake with frosting is the experimentation that I done for this year's Xmas cake fest at office. I started with the simple recipe of black forest and later gave it a chocolate frosting and then experimented with icing ;) I'm sure that you will enjoy this recipe...
- 100gm butter, unsalted
- 200gm powdered Sugar
- 200gm maida
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 table spoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
Steps to be followed for Chocolate cake
- Mix butter and powdered sugar. Beat egg white separately and add to the butter and sugar mixture. Later beat egg (yellow part) separately and add to the mixture and mix it thoroughly. Now add Maida and Baking powder mixture. Later add cocoa powder and vanilla essence and mix the same. If the mixture seems to be very thick, you can add some milk to make it loose, otherwise it is okay.
- In pre-heated oven. bake the cake at 180 degree for 40 minutes.. do make sure that the cake won’t turn to biscuit, so be alert after 30 minutes.. (Note: 1. Maida and baking powder should be mixed thoroughly before adding to the butter and sugar mixture 2. the more duration you mix, the more good the cake is gone to be)
- For Chocolate Frosting :-
- Mix 20gm icing sugar with 2 table spoon water and boil till sugar dissolves, add cocoa powder 2 table spoon and some milk or condensed milk and boil till the liquid turns to be a syrup form. Once the syrup is cooled, pour it over the middle of chocolate cake, and spread the same with a spoon.
- For Icing:-
- Icing sugar and butter should be mixed as needed to form a dough. take a little portion of the same and add needed food color and make needed shape as you wish... Happy Cooking....
My recipe hubs
- How to make Puttu : Kerala Breakfast Recipe
Puttu is one of the favorite recipes of Kerala. It is the favorite breakfast for us. Puttu is an easy made food and doesn’t require much work to be done. The usual combination is Puttu and Kadala (Brown Chickpea) Curry or Puttu, Payar (green gram cur
- How to make Kerala style Lemon Pickle ( Naranga Acha...
Lemon Pickle is one of the most favorite pickles of south India. Lemon Pickle is easy to make and can be kept for years. Lemon pickle is at its best, as it becomes old. Pickling is an ancient food- preservation technique. In Kerala, we name it as “Na
- How to make Palappam - traditional breakfast of Kera...
Palappam is the traditional breakfast of Kerala. It is one of the important dishes during the functions of traditional Suriyani Christians. It is made of ‘Pachari’ white rice. It is sometimes known as vellayappam. It is usually served along with coco
- Kerala Style Mango Pickle (Manga Achar) : Pickle Rec...
Kerala Mango Pickle or Manga Achar is one of the favorite and common pickle, mostly used daily in kerala. Mango Pickle is easier to prepare . It is so tastier, that we could try it with any food items
- Kerala Style Meat Cutlet recipe
Nowadays, Kerala people are more attracted to fried items and most of us prefer these, during our evening tea time. Cutlet is one among the favorite choices during evening time. In Christian wedding and Betrothal, cutlet is an inevitable presence. Ac
- Unniyappam : Kerala's popular snack recipe
Unniyappam is the popular snack of kerala. Unniyappam is a fluffy snack made out of rice, banana, jaggery, coconut bites and ghee. You may need Unniyappa chatti (vessel) to prepare the unniyappam.
- Yummy Marble Cake - Recipe from scratch
This is one of my favorite marble cake recipe. This is what I usually make during Christmas season. It's too tasty and my friends love tasting it.
- Homemade Grape Wine Recipe from Kerala
Wine is a symbol of celebration. At home, making wine, acknowledges us with the coming of Christmas. Grape wine is our specialty and my father is expert in making the same. Our wine is famous among our neighbors, relatives and friends. we don't add a
- Snake Gourd in Chilli Style Recipe : Padavalanga in ...
Let me share a new recipe using snake gourd. Snake gourd is otherwise known as padavalanga in Malayalam. This is an experimented dish made out of snake gourd, the recipe seen in a magazine, my version