Kerala Style Meat Cutlet recipe
Cutlet - the evening snacks
Nowadays, Kerala people are more attracted to fried items and most of us prefer these, during our evening tea time. Cutlet is one among the favorite choices during evening time. In Christian wedding and Betrothal, cutlet is an inevitable presence.
Actually cutlet is an American cuisine and simply cutlet implies chicken cutlet. We do prepare cutlet using- Chicken, Beef, Mutton or even Fish. The vegetarian variety is also popular, as there are lots of vegetarian friends out here. Let me tell you something, I prefer cutlet during lunch rather than as snacks. Here I’m explaining the way in which Meat cutlet can be prepared using Kerala spices.
This is actually prepared by my mom and dad togetherly. Our Cutlet is famous among our realatives. if any function occurs, cutlet is a must seen item for the meal. Hope you will enjoy it.
Cooking time for Meat Cutlet
Process of Cutlet Making
- 1/2 Kilo Meat, Cooked with Ginger, green chilly and Salt
- 4-5 Medium size Potato, Boiled and mashed
- 3 Medium size Onions, Sliced
- 1/2 TableSpoon Chilly Powder
- 1/2 TableSpoon Corainder Powder
- 1/4 TeaSpoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 TableSpoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 TeaSpoon Pepper Powder
- 2 TableSpoon Oil, to make the Meat Masala Mix
- 1/4 TeaSpoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 Stem Curry Leaves
- To dip cutlet Egg, Beaten
- To roll over the cutlet after dipping in Egg, Rusk Powder/ Bread Crumbs
- To Fry the Cutlet, Oil
- To Taste Salt
Process of Cutlet Making
Preparation and Cooking
- Clean Meat and cook the same along with some chopped ginger, 2-3 Green Chilly and Salt.
- Boil the potatoes with Skin, along with needed salt.
- Once the Potatoes are cooled, remove the skin and smash the same with your hand
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard Seeds and Curry leaves, let it splutter.
- Add Onion to the same and let it fry till it become slight brownish.
- Now Add the Masala - Chilly powder, Corainder powder, Garam Masala powder, Pepper powder, Turmeric Powder and mix with the Onion.
- Once it is fried a bit, add Meat and water associated with it. Make sure that it won't become watery.
- Keep the Meat Masala for cooling, later minse the meat in Mixer or Food Processor.
- Now Mix the Minsed, Meat Masala with Smashed Potatoes.
- Now make small balls in the shape of Cutlet, out of this mixture.
- Beat an Egg; Dip each cutlet in Egg and then roll it over the bread Crumbs/ Rusk Powder.
- If needed this can be kept in freezer and can be used as needed. Take it outside the freezer, 30 minutes before frying the same.
- To Fry the same , Heat oil in frying Pan, Take the Cutlet and press it along te middle to make it flat and Dip it in Oil. Fry till cutlet turns Brown.
- Spicy, Kerala Cutlet is ready to be tasted!!!
Other recipes of Kerala
- How to make Puttu : Kerala Breakfast Recipe
Puttu is one of the favorite recipes of Kerala. It is the favorite breakfast for us. Puttu is an easy made food and doesn’t require much work to be done. The usual combination is Puttu and Kadala (Brown Chickpea) Curry or Puttu, Payar (green gram cur
- How to make Palappam - traditional breakfast of Kera...
Palappam is the traditional breakfast of Kerala. It is one of the important dishes during the functions of traditional Suriyani Christians. It is made of ‘Pachari’ white rice. It is sometimes known as vellayappam. It is usually served along with coco
- How to make Kerala style Lemon Pickle ( Naranga Acha...
Lemon Pickle is one of the most favorite pickles of south India. Lemon Pickle is easy to make and can be kept for years. Lemon pickle is at its best, as it becomes old. Pickling is an ancient food- preservation technique. In Kerala, we name it as “Na
- Kerala Style Meat Cutlet recipe
Nowadays, Kerala people are more attracted to fried items and most of us prefer these, during our evening tea time. Cutlet is one among the favorite choices during evening time. In Christian wedding and Betrothal, cutlet is an inevitable presence. Ac
- Kerala Style Mango Pickle (Manga Achar) : Pickle Rec...
Kerala Mango Pickle or Manga Achar is one of the favorite and common pickle, mostly used daily in kerala. Mango Pickle is easier to prepare . It is so tastier, that we could try it with any food items
- Yummy Marble Cake - Recipe from scratch
This is one of my favorite marble cake recipe. This is what I usually make during Christmas season. It's too tasty and my friends love tasting it.
- Unniyappam : Kerala's popular snack recipe
Unniyappam is the popular snack of kerala. Unniyappam is a fluffy snack made out of rice, banana, jaggery, coconut bites and ghee. You may need Unniyappa chatti (vessel) to prepare the unniyappam.
- Homemade Grape Wine Recipe from Kerala
Wine is a symbol of celebration. At home, making wine, acknowledges us with the coming of Christmas. Grape wine is our specialty and my father is expert in making the same. Our wine is famous among our neighbors, relatives and friends. we don't add a
- Chocolate cake recipe with frosting
Chocolate cake with frosting is the experimentation , I started with the simple recipe of black forest and later gave it a chocolate frosting and then experimented with icing ;)
- Snake Gourd in Chilli Style Recipe : Padavalanga in ...
Let me share a new recipe using snake gourd. Snake gourd is otherwise known as padavalanga in Malayalam. This is an experimented dish made out of snake gourd, the recipe seen in a magazine, my version
© 2012 DEEPA JOHN