Gobhi Pakora: Cauliflower Pakora
Even though it is deep fried, it is one of the favorite of my family along with other pakoras. I like them with mint chutney or even ketchip. The gobhi pakoras are very crisp and very tasty. Usually i have them in breakfast but you can have them at anytime of the day you want. Usually we have them when it is raining and with hot tea they taste heavenly. They are not difficult to make and the ingredients are very easily available. Since they are deep fried they are not exactly for the calorie conscious person. But then everyone has right to forget the health and think of tongue every now and then because God has given taste buds to us too
- Cauliflower:1 medium size
- Besan Flour: 2 Cups.
- Oil : Enough to fry.
- Red chili powder: 1 Tsp.
- Mango Powder or Amchoor: 1 Tsp.
- Cumin powder: 1 Tsp.
- Garam Masala: 1 Tsp.
- Coriander Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: to taste.
1. Wash the cauliflowers thoroughly.
2. Cut the cauliflower in to florets or small pieces.
3. Set aside.
4. Now in a Bowl take besan flour, red chili powder, amchoor,cumikn seeds, garam Masala and coriander powder and salt.
5. Mix well and add little water.
6. Now beat the mixture in to a thin and smooth batter.
7. Now in a heavy base pan heat oil to deep fry.
8. When oil is heated, dip the cauliflower pieces in the batter and then deep fry them in oil on medium heat.
9. Deep fry till golden brown.
10. Take them out of oil and put them on the absorbent paper.
11. Serve hot with tomato ketch up or coriander chutney.
More Vegetarian Recipes
- Gobi Manchurian Dry
Gobi manchurian is Indian Manchurian for vegetarians.Even though its called dry but it use lots of oil. Deep fried and tasty yummy. This is tasty & healthier than meat one. Try it, it is easy to make
- Gobi Manchurian No Frying
Gobi manchurian is Indian Manchurian for vegetarians. Usually manchurian use lots of oil but we made this one in just 1 Tsp of oil. This is tasty & healthier than meat one. Try it, it is easy to make
- Aloo Gobi Curry
Aloo gobi is one of the most popular combo in north indian kitchen and every house hold has their own favorite recipe. I tried this because this recipe reminded me of friend and childhood picnics .
- Aloo Gobhi Recipe
Aloo Gobi is made with potatoes, cauliflower, and a great blend of spices. Aloo Gobi can be served with various breads, such as rotis, parathas, and puris. Aloo gobhi is liked by kids a lot. Try it.
- Crispy Arbi.
Crispy arbi, indian cooking, how to cook crisy colocasia, tasty arbi dish, colocasia cooked, healthy cooking with colocasia, no oil cooking, cooking with arbi, arbi ki sabji, how to cook arbi vegetabl
- Dal Makhani.
Dal Makhani, dal makani and naan, how to make dal makhani, dal makhani recipe. North indian cooking, dal and roti, how to make tasty dal, rajma and dal, maa ki daal, punjabi cooking, indian recipe