- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Gobi Manchurian Dry
Gobhi Manchurian Dry
Gobhi Manchurian Dry
I recently published another dish by name of gobi Manchurian but in that recipe we used only 1 tsp of oil. This is little different as you would see. This one is totally dry though it used little more oil than the previous one. Usually we associate Manchurian with the Chinese food but the gobi manturian is Indian adaptation of Chinese variety as most people in india are vegetarians and do not eat meat in any form so it was necessary to introduce a vegetarian variety to them so they too can enjoy the taste across the border. This recipe uses lot more oil than the last one as it is nto only shallow fried but also deep fried
- Cauliflower: 4 cups cut in to small florets.
- Ginger paste: I like 2 Tsp but some even add 4 Tsp.
- Garlic paste: 1 Tsp.
- Soy Sauce: 1 Tsp.
- Vinegar: ½ Tsp.
- All purpose flour ( maida): 34 Tbsp.
- Corn Flour: 1 Tsp.
- Red Chili Powder: 1 Tsp. ( use ½ Tsp if you do not like too much chili)
- White pepper Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Salt” 2 Tsp or as per taste.
- Onion: 1 Red medium diced.
- Bell Pepper: green 1 diced.
- Oil: 2 cups for frying.
- Oil: 3 Tbsp for sauté.
- Green chilies: 2 silted and cut in to halves.
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp.
- Green spring onions:3 Tsp.finely chopped
- Soy sauce: 1 Tsp.
- Chili garlic sauce: 2 Tbsp.
- Tomato Ketchup: 3 Tbsp.
- Salt: According to taste.
- Ajinomoto: 1 tsp.
How to make it
- First of all as in all the cauliflower dishes, wash it thoroughly.
- Now take a bowl and put water and cauliflower florets in it.
- Bring it boil and cook till the florets are half boiled. It should only take a few minutes.
- Now take them out of water and pat dry the florets.
- Now in another bowl mix maida ( all purpose flour) in salt, red chili powder, white chili powder, ginger garlic paste, vinegar, soy sauce and ajinomoto.
- Mix well to form a paste.
- Now add cauliflower florets in this and mix well so they are coated by the paste on all sides.
- Now take a heavy base pan.
- Heat oil to deep fry.
- Fry the florets in the oil.
- Remove excess oil from the florets with help of paper towel.
- Keep aside.
- Now in a pan heat 3 tbsp of oil on high heat. Sauté onions, green peppers, ginger garlic& green chilies for a few minutes till they turn tender.
- Now add fried cauliflower in it.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup in this mixture.
- Now add chili garlic sauce and salt and mix well.
- Cook till the Masala becomes dry.
- Now add chopped spring onions and bring the heat to low.
- Keep stirring and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and your Gobi Manturian dry is ready to be served.
- Serve with vegetable fried rice.
Gobi Manchurian Dry
More Yummy Vegetarian Recipes
- Gobi Manchurian No Frying
Gobi manchurian is Indian Manchurian for vegetarians. Usually manchurian use lots of oil but we made this one in just 1 Tsp of oil. This is tasty & healthier than meat one. Try it, it is easy to make
- Aloo Gobi Curry
Aloo gobi is one of the most popular combo in north indian kitchen and every house hold has their own favorite recipe. I tried this because this recipe reminded me of friend and childhood picnics .
- Aloo Gobhi Recipe
Aloo Gobi is made with potatoes, cauliflower, and a great blend of spices. Aloo Gobi can be served with various breads, such as rotis, parathas, and puris. Aloo gobhi is liked by kids a lot. Try it.
- Crispy Arbi.
Crispy arbi, indian cooking, how to cook crisy colocasia, tasty arbi dish, colocasia cooked, healthy cooking with colocasia, no oil cooking, cooking with arbi, arbi ki sabji, how to cook arbi vegetabl
- Dal Makhani.
Dal Makhani, dal makani and naan, how to make dal makhani, dal makhani recipe. North indian cooking, dal and roti, how to make tasty dal, rajma and dal, maa ki daal, punjabi cooking, indian recipe
- Stuffed Bananas Recipe
Banana is one of the most liked fruit in whole of world. It is easily available and very cheap all over the world. It is full of carbohydrates as it is generally thought but it is also full of minerals, fibers, vitamins and is very tasty and healthy.