- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Holiday Gift Idea for Foodies: Cookbook Gift Giving
People who love to cook really enjoy discovering new recipes. You can't go wrong when you present the foodie in your life with a brand new cookbook for Christmas. To choose the perfect cookbook for the food and cooking enthusiasts on your holiday shopping list, you just need to know a little bit about the person's preferences.
For example, many people really enjoy making pies and pastry dishes from scratch, while others enjoy making savory dishes or sweet treats that don't require baking. However, f you're not sure what a person's preferences is, you can always go with a good general cookbook that covers many types of dishes.
Holiday Gift Idea Cookbook Suggestions
Here are a few of my favorite cookbooks for gift giving, based on the preferences of the gift recipient.
- Best Recipes from America's Food Festivals: award winning recipes from food festivals across the country
- Chef and the Fatman: Red, White, and Blue (Collar) Cookin': delicious dishes from Atlanta radio personality cooking gurus Chef and the Fatman
- Kissing in the Kitchen: terrific ideas for couples cooking
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Comfort Food: easy and delicious "down home recipes
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Fondues and Hot Dips: great dip ideas perfect for entertaining, snacking, and causal meals
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Pizza and Panini: everything you ever wanted to know about how to make pizza and panini
- The Impatient Baker: easy solutions for baking delicious desserts and other treats.
- The Fox Sports Tailgating Handbook: delicious recipes perfect for watching sports on TV or tailgating at the actual events
- The Texas Judicial Cookbook: eclectic combination of recipes contributed by legislators from around the state of Texas
Entertaining and General Recipes
- Bay Tables by the Junior League of Mobile, AL (full of delicious classic and modern Southern recipes)
- Indulge: 100 Perfect Desserts (perfect for anyone who loves to bake)
- Park Avenue Potluck (entertaining tips and recipes from Park Avenue's best hostesses; funds go to a worth cause)
- Sunrise Sunset Across America: recipes from some of the best Bed and Breakfast inns across the country)
- Sweet Myrtle and Bitter Honey: The Mediterranean Flavors of Sardinia: traditional Italian cuisine from Sardina
- The Santa Monica Farmers' Market Cookbook: delicious ideas for preparing meals with fresh produce
- What to Drink with What You Eat: the ultimate guide for pairing all types of beverages with food
- Williams Sonoma: Holiday Entertaining: holiday recipes, entertaining tips, party planning ideas, and more
- Gluten-Free Quick and Easy: delicious and easy to make recipes for those with gluten allergies or intolerances
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Low Sodium Meals: a great selection of recipe and meal ideas for those on a sodium restricted diet or simply trying to cut back on sodium intake.
- The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook: recipes and eating strategies for those interested in eating to get or stay lean
- The F-Factor Diet Cookbook: enjoy healthy weight loss while eating great tasting, high fiber recipes
- Trim and Terrific Diabetic Cooking: delicious recipes compliant with a diabetic diet
The Gift that Keeps Giving
One of the great bonuses of giving cookbooks for Christmas is that the lucky recipient is sure to invite you over for dinner so you can try some of the recipes from the book!