How To Make French Cambodian Pork Terrine Sandwich At Home Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 1/2 hours
When 2 Worlds Come Together...
This recipe comes from Cambodia, Southeast Asia and is influenced by the French during the French Colonial Period. This recipe includes French Baguette (a French Bread).
The Cambodian People have a knack for using whatever is available and they often take ideas from their neighbors and make their own version of a dish. This is one of those times. This sandwich is delicious, easy to make and will be enjoyed by your friends and family! Serve this at your next Super Bowl Party and you will be a star!
This article will be broken into 4 Sections:
- Main Ingredients
- Pickled Vegetables Recipe (*Click link for recipe)
- Pork Terrine Ingredients
- Recipe and Directions
Let's have a look at the Main Ingredients:
How To Prepare
**See Recipe Link Above for instructions
Peeled, Halved and cut into Strips
Coriander (Cilantro) Leaves
Rinse and allow to air-dry
For boiling/simmering Pork
Casserole Dish or Mold
Let's have a look at the Ingredients for the Terrine:
How To Prepare
7 oz (200 g)
1 lb (500 g)
10 oz (300 g)
7 oz (200 g)
Remove the root end and the top 1/3 of each stalk. Wash the stalks. Peel off the tough outer-layers and use the inner tender white stalk
2 1/2 teaspoons
2 1/2 teaspoons
Pork Terrine Sandwich Recipe
- To make the Terrine, bring a Small Pot of Water to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, add the Pork Rind and Simmer for 1 Hour.
- Preheat the oven to 365 F (180 C)
- Combine all ingredients for the Pork Terrine in a Food Processor and Pulse until mixed uniformly.
- Pour the mixture into a Casserole Dish or Mold (Dish should not be more than 2/3 full).
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- When finished, carefully remove the dish from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, slice into thin pieces.
Assembling The Sandwich
- Cut Baguette into three pieces.
- Slice each piece in half, lengthwise.
- Fill the slices of bread with the Pork Terrine Slices, Pickled Vegetables, Cucumber Strips and Coriander (Cilantro) Leaves.
- Serve Immediately!
Jong Yam! (Let's Eat!)
Get The Complete Asian Cookbook!
More Recipes by J.S.Matthew
- How To Make Pickles In 24 Hours
Want to learn how to make Pickles in only 24 Hours? This recipe is easy to use and takes less than a half hour to prepare, but needs to sit overnight to marinate. Unlike most pickled vegetables recipes, this recipe does not require you to go through
- About Cambodia, Srok Khmer: Facts, Fun, and Photos: A Guide To Cambodian Culture
Cambodia has a long and interesting history, including one of the worst atrocities to ever happen to a single country. The Khmer Rouge killed millions of innocent people in this genocide. This article includes recent pictures that my wife took...
- How To Make Cambodian Vietnamese Marinated Deli Pork Sandwich Recipe
This recipe is inspired by three different cultures: A Cambodian twist on a Vietnamese Traditional Sandwich influenced by the French during the French Colonial Period. Called "Bah Mi" in the Cambodian Khmer Language, the Cambodian People have taken a
- A List of Authentic Ingredients for Khmer Cambodian Food With Recipes
Cambodian recipes are usually not written down, but rather passed from generation to generation by showing children how to prepare these dishes in their own kitchens. It is a great cultural significance and bonding ritual within many Asian...
- How To Make Cambodian Khmer Sweet Coconut Waffles
This recipe is a Southeast Asian Khmer Cambodian Recipe that was influenced by the French during the Colonial Period. Of course, as Cambodians always do, they made a recipe into their own using Coconuts which are native to the region!
- How To Make Healthy Cambodian Khmer Raw Vegetable, Fruit and Herb Plate Recipe
Sick of the same old salad? Want a new Healthy Recipe? This Recipe combines Raw Vegetables and Fruit with a selection of Fine Herbs and Spices. It is also a healthy dish because of the Ingredients used.
- How To Make Asian Sesame Banana Fritters At Home
These Banana Sesame Fritters make a great snack whether for after school or after a meal. They are best accompanied by Home Made Coconut Ice Cream but can eaten alone as well! This would make a great appetizer or side dish at your next Super Bowl Par
- 2 Quick Appetizer Recipes: How To Make Shrimp Fritters and Sweet Potato Rolls with Ginger
Are you looking for quick, easy and delicious appetizer recipes? Then look no further! This article has 2 recipes: Shrimp Fritters and a recipe for Sweet Potato Rolls with Ginger. The recipes come from Cambodia, Southeast Asia and were influenced...
- Southeast Asian Water Festival in Lowell, MA: Photo Journey
The Southeast Asian Water Festival in Lowell, MA is held on the third Saturday of August every year. This article is a display of the events through Original Photos (Are You in one of them?) and descriptions of the Festival's Vendors and Events...
- How To Make Honey Glazed Chicken: A Khmer Southeast Asian Recipe
Traditionally, this dish is cooked in an earthenware pot. These pots are usually hand-made in the Kampong Chang region. The pot is placed in a small barbecue to add a smoky flavor to the dish. The herbs and spices...
- How To Make 3 Basic Cambodian Khmer Curry Dishes for Chicken, Seafood, or Meat and A Tangy Ham and V
One of the most enjoyed dishes in Cambodia, Southeast Asia, India and all over the world, is Curry. Curry has a very distinct aroma and taste. You can season Pork, Chicken, Beef, or Lamb with Curry, and these recipes are easy to make...
- How To Make Green Mango, Chili Coriander, and Tamarind Asian Dipping Sauces
In the first article of this series, we explored the Basic Ingredients for Cooking Cambodian-Southeast Asian Food. One of the most common foods found in Cambodian, and many other Southeast Asian homes, that are easy to make and inexpensive...
- How To Make Palm Sugar Pearls with Coconut Cambodian Khmer Recipe
This is a cherished desert from Southeast Asia in Cambodia! There is an old wive's tale that these are sometimes called "Husband Killer Cake" in the native Khmer Language. The rumor is that when a wife would catch her husband cheating...
- How To Make Sweet Soybean Coconut Cake Desert Recipe
A Delicious Soybean Cake Recipe that makes a great companion to Homemade Coconut Ice Cream with Caramelized Bananas! Follow this recipe and be delighted by a Sweet Southeast Asian Cambodian Khmer Desert!
- How To Make Healthy Fresh Spring Salad Summer Rolls With Shrimp Rice Paper Recipe
Many Asian cultures eat Spring Rolls (often called Salad or Summer Rolls) but this recipe comes from Cambodia, Southeast Asia. You can add shrimp or omit it depending on your desired taste.
- Learn How To Speak and Write Cambodian: An Introduction To The Khmer Language
An introduction to Khmer, the language of Cambodia. Includes pronunciation, character/letter writing, original photos and drawings. This is the best guide for a beginner who wants to learn how to read, write, and speak Khmer Cambodian.
- How To Make Homemade Coconut Ice Cream with Caramelized Bananas
Ice Cream is a delicious treat but did you know that you can make it from home? That's right! This Hub Article will guide you through the steps to make Delicious Coconut Ice Cream with Caramelized Bananas.