Mussels Soup (Sinabawang Tahong).
So beautiful and tasty
This recipe has been sent to me by a friend of mine. Her name is Ms Marissa Buhalog. She is from Philippines and she is multi talented. She is good with computers and makes implants for the disabled persons. She and her daughter is one of the top agents for selling Suzuki cars. She is a very good cook and has already sent me 3 of her recipes which has already been published by me on my pages. These are
This particular soup she says is the speciality of the country to Philippines and even though Mussels are not popular in India but she says they are very easily available and very popular in Philippines. This soup seems very delicious and its recipe is under as sent by Mrs Buhalog.
Mussels can easily be found all over the world especially in islands which are surrounded by sea. Muscles are cheap and very tasty to eat. Not only adults but children also love to eat Mussels. This recipe which I am sharing is very simple, delicious and healthy soup. This is traditional Filipino dish and is made in nearly each and every house hold. Mussels in Philippines are cultivated in abundance for its tender meat and since there are so many mussels farms the prices have gone down significantly.
- 1 kilo mussels (tahong), shells cleansed
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cooking oil1
- tsp butter (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled (cut into strips)
- Take a large pan with heavy base.
- Put the oil and butter in to the pan and heat it over medium heat. When the oil and butter are heated, put garlic, onions and ginger in the pan.
- Sauté them till they are tender and soft.
- Add Mussels and cook with the garlic, onion and ginger mixture.
- Cook for couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Add water and cook for another minute.
- Now add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now add fish sauce and vinegar and cook for another minute.
- Now serve it with Steam rice.
- If you can heat this rice with bare hands then do not use any spoon or fork and traditionally it is eaten with bare hands.
More healthy recipes
- Mussels with mustard seeds and shallots Recipe
Mussels can be found all over the world . They can be sea water or fresh water mussels. Despite mussels are found in abundance all over the world yet not many people eat them. They are not only delicious to eat but also healthy. Before cooking mussel
- Chicken Mushroom Soup Recipe.
Mushrooms are my favorite. You can literally add them to any dish or soup. Mushrooms are easily available all over world. They are cheap & healthy &easy to digest and lend great taste to the dish.
- Chicken And Noodle Soup Recipe
A very healthy soup, easy to make and is usually well liked by children. It doesn't have many spices so easy on palate and stomach. A very tasty appetizer.
- Chicken And Orange Salad Recipe
This is also known as Roast Chicken Salad with Orange Dressing. It is very easy to make. Takes only a few minutes to make and is very healthy. It has got right combination of meat, vegetables and fruits. It is very tasty and children would love to ea