Recipe for Dum Biryani
How was my recipe for Dum Biryani
Dum Biryani is a famous dish of rice. It has got meat in it : either chicken or mutton or beef. It originated from one of the city of India name Hyderabad and now it a famous dish all over India, or I must say all over the world. In whichever country you go, you will surely find Biryani in an Indian Restaurant.
It is called Dum Biryani because it is cooked on a low flame only. Note down the ingredients and procedure and try it out at home. I am sure you will like it.
Ingredients for Dum Biryani
- Rice, (Basmati Rice)
- 500 kg Chicken, with bones
- 1 cup Fried onion
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 8-9 Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp oil
Instruction for making Dum Biryani
- Wash and soak rice in water for around an hour.
- Cook the rice by adding salt to it (Steam method of cooking)
- Make paste of plain yogurt, fried onion, green chili, turmeric powder, salt and garam masala powder.
- Marinade chicken with the paste for at-least 30 minutes.
- Take deep pan. Apply oil on all its sides.
- Make a layer of marinated chicken and then add steamed rice on top of it.
- Heat oil and add it to the rice (from top). Cover the pan and keep it on low flame for around 15 minutes.
- Check with the spoon, to see if the chicken is cooked or not.If it is cooked, then turn off the flame.
- Now heat a charcoal on a gas stove. Place a small aluminium foil on rice layer. And then place the burnt charcoal on it. And then cover the pan immediately.This will give very good aroma to your Biryani.
- Now your delicious Dum Biryani is ready to serve!