jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

What is most important to you when eating? Is it Nutrition, Taste or Quantity? W

1. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

What is most important to you when eating? Is it Nutrition, Taste or Quantity? Why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4788712_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Gigi Thibodeauposted 6 years ago

Good question.  At the moment when I'm eating, I think taste matters most to me, but in the big picture, when I'm planning meals to cook, I'm always thinking nutrition.  I'm a pretty darn good cook, so I know it will taste good.  smile

3. Ask_DJ_Lyons profile image85
    Ask_DJ_Lyonsposted 6 years ago

Prior to going through breast cancer, taste, texture, smell, and looks were all important.

During chemo, since I could not taste much of what I ate, nutrition became my primary objective. I ate just enough to get by since I lacked an appetite. For me, since I couldn't taste my food, eating became a very boring activity. I would haunt buffet restaurants chasing after that illusive taste factor.

Now that I am cured of breast cancer, a combination of taste and nutrition are my primary objectives. I want to eat mostly nutritious foods as I never want to get cancer again. I also want my food to taste good.

As for quantity, I try to exercise portion control in all that I eat. That is a work-in-progress.

4. BlissfulWriter profile image72
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Nutrition is the most important by far.  Second is to mind the quantity.   Dr. Mark Hyman (perhaps you saw him on TV or on YouTube) said that the single most important decision you make every day is what to put in your mouth.

I think he said it in this YouTube video when he gave a talk at Google.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAZVpsd2Nao

5. Ruchira profile image78
    Ruchiraposted 6 years ago

I feel all the 3 factors have an important role to play in regards to eating.
    The food that is being consumed so be nutritious and tasty so that the person can have in a right quantity to satisfy his hunger or else he will go looking for some junkie food smile

6. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Well, it is not nutrition......

Taste is very important, as is quality and quanity.

The single most important element to me is servitude.

I garden and grow my food.  I am a Dietary Services Manager by profession.

Going out to eat, means, that I am not expected to be on duty.  I am not expected to oversee the ordering, the checking in of groceries, the kitchen budget, the shortages, the fact that the dishwasher failed to report for work.

When I pay to dine, my dining experience should be worry and stress free.  I should get what I request, in a timely manner, without the details of the kitchen.

7. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Nutrition and taste -- nutritious food always tastes better to me (it might help that my husband is a chef), and flavorful food is much more satisfying and so it precludes any feeling of need for larger quantities.

8. The Quiz Master profile image76
    The Quiz Masterposted 6 years ago

Quantity, enough to fill you up.
    Nutrition, if it is made with fresh produce it will taste so much nicer. And we eat to get nutrition that's the whole point.
    Who eats something they don't like the taste of?
    To answer your question, it has to be all 3 everytime doesn't it?

9. beamer profile image55
    beamerposted 6 years ago

For the Most part for me, the Nutrition is what is Important. Having lived through being a type 2 diabetic, and then losing 100 pounds, I discovered over years of self preservation that empty calories, empty carbs are the worst.

Cokes, potato chips, cookies, and other such items are examples of empty carbs. The calories that these foods and drinks provide do not have the nutritional punch that foods dense in carbs, such as Oatmeal, carrots, broccoli, and other vegetables, cooked or raw, are the way to go. The nutrition is dense and there is also Fiber which helps all this come out the other end properly.

I may have been on a low fat diet, for the most part, but my body would take empty carbs and turn the excess sugars into fat.

Exercise also is crucial for allowing the foods you eat to be absorbed properly and get the most bang for your buck.

Drinking lots of water helps also.

Hope this answer helps.

1. eurozulu profile image61
      eurozuluposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I always try to look at the nutritional  value first and then the taste. but the taste is just as valuable.

working