jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is your favorite method for cooking chicken?

1. bscott4388 profile image60
    bscott4388posted 6 years ago

What is your favorite method for cooking chicken?

Mine is Lemon chicken:  I bake chicken in lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, whole lemon, fresh thyme salt and pepper.  It is delicious!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6069138_f260.jpg

2. rob_allen profile image82
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

Fried. I always love my chicken breaded with savory breading, deep fried and dipped in chicken gravy! yum!!

3. yogiwan profile image44
    yogiwanposted 6 years ago

Depends on the weather and time of year.  In the winter, there are two options:  smoked using our stove top smoker with some hearty vegetables and the chicken dressed with a home made rub or in our clay baker after the chicken has soaked in our marinade over night.  In the summer, it is always grilled on the barbecue using another homemade rub which is a bit spicier.

4. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

Most often, I find myself roasting the bird with lemon and rosemary stuffed into it.

5. profile image54
    shorty72posted 6 years ago

Depends on the time of year in winter a good roast with mixed  herbs or mixed spices . In summer a variety of chicken pieces marinated and on the barbarcue or chicken in apricot nector is yummy .

6. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image96
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

I like to drench chicken thighs in maple syrup and then slow cook them all day.  They're delicious when served with rice.

7. cobrien profile image76
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

Our family favorite is boneless, skinless chicken tenders fried, soaked in hot wing sauce, and dipped in home made blue cheese dressing. Very fattening. We only eat it about once a month.

8. Handicapped Chef profile image77
    Handicapped Chefposted 6 years ago

I really like my chicken many ways but if I had to pick it would have to be chicken tenders in a marinade of soysauce,ginger, and sesame oil for at least 3 hours then grilled and eaten with a nice green salad.

9. JSParker profile image88
    JSParkerposted 6 years ago

Jacques Pepin, in his new cookbook "Essential Pepin", says to roast a whole chicken on its SIDE, then turn it over and roast the other side.  This allows the legs, which take longer to reach proper temperature, to cook faster without overcooking the breast.  When removing the bird from the oven, let it rest, breast down, for the juices to settle.

We tried it.  It was really delicious.  And such a simple thing.

10. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I love a grilled "beer can chicken"....it's mildy spicy and sooo juicy and it's just wonderful. I also love deep fried chicken.

11. lawdoctorlee profile image86
    lawdoctorleeposted 6 years ago

I absolutely love chicken and have cooked it dozens of ways.  My favorite way to do it is my one-pot wonder recipe!  I call it Chicken, potatoes & veggies galore.  You can find the recipe here:  http://lawdoctorlee.hubpages.com/hub/Ch … es-Galore.

working