jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can a food allergy cause constant black circles under the eyes?

1. relawshe profile image72
    relawsheposted 6 years ago

Can a food allergy cause constant black circles under the eyes?

I've always had dark, under-eye circles, and my doctor has told me that it's just "how I was made", but I refuse to believe that this is something I need to just live with.  I also know that I have at least one food allergy (to wheat), and I was wondering if anyone knows if food allergies can cause dark under-eye circles to happen everyday?

2. Minnetonka Twin profile image88
    Minnetonka Twinposted 6 years ago

I am sorry I can't answer your question and wish I could. My niece saw some dark circles under her eyes and asked me this same question. I guess I need to google it and if I figure it out I shall come back and fill you in.

3. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago

Yes, food allergies can cause this, but dark circles under the eyes can be an inherited trait too. Just use make-up to cover them. Avon has a really good product for this and it works.

4. alezafree profile image86
    alezafreeposted 5 years ago

I just today learned my own dark circles may be the result of an allergy to corn. So yes, your dark circles may indeed be a result of food allergies. You may want to get tested. I am a little overwhelmed at the moment, but once I educate myself I think I am going to feel a lot better in many ways (including my dark circles).

working