jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your favorite pie recipe?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite pie recipe?

2. bearnmom profile image64
    bearnmomposted 5 years ago

In the words of my grandfather, "All our pies are pumpkin here!"  That was because he would stop at Donahue's Bakery on his way home from work and bring the dessert every day.  He always called to ask what to bring.  I always asked for pumpkin pie.  My other grandfather was the best pie baker and always made the pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving.  Need I say more.

3. boundarybathrooms profile image88
    boundarybathroomsposted 5 years ago

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to pies, although I do think I should try and vary my tastes in the future. Meat and potato is my favourite, and it works wonders to warm you up on a cold winter's day.

When it comes to sweeter pies I can't get over my obsession for cherry pie. Cherry pie with custard is a desert that has me drooling at the mouth even as I write this.

4. Mmargie1966 profile image95
    Mmargie1966posted 5 years ago

CHERRY!  Frozen, fresh, warm, cold, stolen....makes no difference to me.  I could live on cherry pie!

Thanks for asking...I'm headed to the grocery store soon!

5. Gemini Fox profile image91
    Gemini Foxposted 5 years ago

Coconut cream - with fresh coconut, not the presweetened packaged stuff.

6. alekhouse profile image84
    alekhouseposted 5 years ago

My favorite recipe is one my daughter came up with for an apple-caramel upside down pie. After you bake it (with Granny Smith Apples inside) and turn it upside down, the caramel spills all over it. It's absolutely delicious.

7. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

This no-crust pumpkin pie comes out of the oven taller than many other versions of the dessert and has a crunchy topping to enjoy as well. It's one of my favorite experiments. read more

working