jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is one food that you disliked a lot during your childhood, but love now as

1. CookwareBliss profile image75
    CookwareBlissposted 5 years ago

What is one food that you disliked a lot during your childhood, but love now as an adult?

When I was a child, I was not a fan of tomatoes, and any type of stir-fry. Now, I have tomatoes on my taco's, cold sandwiches, and my cold-cut sub from Subway. Stir-fry is also something I eat quite frequently....oh how our taste buds change!

2. snakeslane profile image79
    snakeslaneposted 5 years ago

Turnips made me gag, but I love them now.

3. profile image0
    erickcbposted 5 years ago

I used to HATE mustard, and love candy. Now I love mustard and hate candy. Too sweet. ACK!

4. christin53 profile image81
    christin53posted 5 years ago

I used to hate all vegetables but was made to eat them.I love them now except sprouts I still can't eat them.

5. Sage in a Cage profile image80
    Sage in a Cageposted 5 years ago

I absolutely hated broccoli as a child. My parents tried to turn them into forests or funny faces on my plate but they inevitably got thrown under the table towards my dog when no one was looking. Now I adore broccoli. It's so good for you and tastes gorgeous in a stir fry.

6. lifeinprime profile image66
    lifeinprimeposted 5 years ago

Brussel sprouts!  I love those mini cabbage-looking things and can't get enough of them.  But, as a child, I fed them to my dog! smile

PS: christin53: Try them again!  You may like them! smile

7. hildred profile image78
    hildredposted 5 years ago

Most vegetables. When I was a kid I could only eat carrots, green beans, and corn (and sometimes asparagus). Now I also love bell peppers and broccoli, and onions are creeping in as seasoning in a lot of my food.

I also used to hate a bunch of cheese at once. I liked cheese but only in small amounts. Now I like it in bigger amounts more. But I still easily get overpowered by it.

8. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

broccoli. I used to hate it but now it's one of my go to veggies....I love it sauteed with olive oil and sprinkled with lemon juice and sea salt.

9. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

I disliked pasta of all kinds.  Now it's one of my favorite foods.
    It's not that my taste-buds changed, it's that my mother had the habit of seriously overcooking food, & when pasta is overcooked it's awful.