jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

What is the worst tasting thing you’ve ever eaten ?

1. iwriteforyou profile image74
    iwriteforyouposted 5 years ago

What is the worst tasting thing you’ve ever eaten ?

2. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Mussels, in a Los Angeles restaurant with a high reputation. The chef had failed to check them well enough, and at least one of them was no good. It tainted the whole dish. Not much tastes worse than a bad mussel. I too failed, in that I was involved in conversation and didn't sniff them before eating, something you should always do. With my first bite it was all I could manage to avoid turning green and rushing from the table.

I beckoned the waiter and told him to take them away. He came back with a message from the kitchen that there was nothing wrong with them. I got myself and my guest up and walked out. That restaurant does not get my trade anymore.

3. vietfoodchannel profile image60
    vietfoodchannelposted 5 years ago

I am not really sure that it, but a bowl of Banh Canh (kind of vietnamese noodle), I ate at Da Nang on my culinary trip. How about your?

4. profile image0
    KDuBarry03posted 5 years ago

White tuna sashimi. I love sushi, don't get me wrong; however, I need to consume the contradiction of "cooked sushi" haha

5. BeyondMax profile image61
    BeyondMaxposted 5 years ago

My worst tasting memories go to deep fried grasshoppers and beetles (that looked more like huge cockroaches btw). Not only they looked revolting but they tasted like crunchy rotten branches and sand, really yak. Bleh. It was last year in Thailand, a family friend invited us to some local celebration of something, couldn't refuse... the memory of it will remain with me forever...

1. iwriteforyou profile image74
      iwriteforyouposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great description. I have seen people eating insects on TV but I had no idea how they tasted. Wow, what an experience !. Thanks for sharing

6. collegedad profile image75
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

I ate BBQ skunk on a dare. I was in college, but no alcohol was involved. I didn't go back for seconds.

7. Claudia Tello profile image78
    Claudia Telloposted 5 years ago

The Dutch licorice known as "drop" is the absolutely worst tasting thing in this whole wide world. I can´t understand how they can stand its flavor, it is utterly disgusting to me.

8. CookingAnnie profile image75
    CookingAnnieposted 5 years ago

Brussel sprouts. Despite all of the cooking I do and the variety of things I mix together I just can't wrap my tastebuds around brussel sprouts.

9. camira23 profile image60
    camira23posted 5 years ago

French gorgonzola cheese:).I am not sure that was the worse but definitely was bad.

working