jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

What are your favorite foods to pack for a day at the beach?

1. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

What are your favorite foods to pack for a day at the beach?

2. Cristale profile image86
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

pretzels, maybe some trail mix, and some peanut m&m's.

3. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

I pack Merlot, plastic glasses, grapes or figs and Manchego or brie cheese. We watch the sun set and dine.

1. breathe2travel profile image81
      breathe2travelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like a wonderful date night for my hubby and me. smile I suppose I could pack sparkling grape juice for the kiddos.

4. Djaak profile image37
    Djaakposted 5 years ago

I think some pringles are best. It is easily seal able so no sand gets into it and it is the best thing in the world big_smile

5. ytsenoh profile image87
    ytsenohposted 5 years ago

Great question.  If I were going to the beach, I would take the wine carrier with some nice Chilean wine, strawberries, and my two favorite anytime snacks, Fritos and Peanut M&Ms!

6. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image78
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 5 years ago

Beef patties or another filling patties They are compact and non messy. You can stuff them with anything, doesn't have to be beef though. You can get the dough ready made and easily press with fork. Stuff them with broccoli & cheese, pizza ingredients, chicken & rice, etc.. You can even make deserts with the patties like apple pie and banana pudding. The varieties are endless.

7. glorgeousmom profile image81
    glorgeousmomposted 5 years ago

My family love to pack boiled root crops, ie: steamed sweet potatoes, boiled ripe and green banana (saba variety), home-made steamed rice cakes with freshly grated coconut, fish ceviche with coconut milk, fried tuyo (salted and dried herrings) , salted eggs mixed with diced onions and tomatoes and kalamansi juice, fruits and canned juices and colas, mineral water and some store bought nuts and chips. Very native, very Filipino:))

8. Suzie HQ profile image94
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

A cooler box with a few beers (maybe more than a few!), diet cokes, baguettes with feta cheese, tomatoes drop of extra virgin olive oil . .. heaven!!

9. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

For a sunrise picnic I choose an egg sandwich and coffee. For noon I choose watermelon, grapes, cheddar cheese, crackers for snacks. tuna wraps, iced tea and chips for lunch. For a moonrise picnic I love a fresh salad with slices of grilled chicken or steak, and chilled white wine. And of course the love of my life by my side for all 3 events!!