jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

What are your favorite foods for the upcoming holiday season?

1. vespawoolf profile image96
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

What are your favorite foods for the upcoming holiday season?

2. Mama Kim 8 profile image91
    Mama Kim 8posted 5 years ago

Holiday cooking for me is almost all family recipes...

Desserts- Some I make in advance and give away before the big day.
    Fudge, jam thumbprint cookies, sandies, magic cookie bars, pumpkin pie, jello fruit and marshmallow salad, pumpkin bread, ginger cookies, and sugar cookies.

Dinner-
    Roast Turkey cooked in a bag with onions, baby carrots and red potatoes, Bread stuffing cooked on the side, green bean casserole,  mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce and candied yams

Yup that's pretty much the meal plan every year and I look forward to every single bit of it ^_^

vespawoolfposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm also a purist when it comes to turkey dinner. Wow, your menu sounds fabulous! My mouth waters just reading about it. :   )

3. profile image72
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

I am really looking forward to peppermint oreo bark made with peppermint JoJos from Trader Joe's!  I am also excited for apple and pumpkin pie, and every part of Thanksgiving dinner - especially stuffing and mashed potatoes smile

I vote for the stuffing and peppermint oreo bark. What a great idea!

4. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

When I think of the holiday season that is coming upon us, I immediately become consumed with thoughts of sweat syrupy pecan pie!

Yum! I prefer pecan over pumpkin any day.

5. TheSingularity profile image60
    TheSingularityposted 5 years ago

Definitely cookies. My mother always had five or six types she makes every holiday season, passed down through the generations. I've been tempted to make them throughout the year, but it would just be wrong to eat Christmas cookies in July. Pies are great too. And for Halloween & the Autumn, I'm a sucker for candy corn.

Cookies are one of my favorites. I haven't thought of candy corn for a while. Now I'm going to have my in-laws bring some down to Peru when they come for a visit in the fall!

6. miss1magination profile image67
    miss1maginationposted 5 years ago

Sticky date pudding with vanilla icecream for the guests, enjoy

Yum, that sounds delish! Do you have a recipe?

2. miss1magination profile image67
      miss1maginationposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I do, will post this one very shortly for you. It's so delicious and the best. Please come and visit me in the next few days.

7. mvillecat profile image78
    mvillecatposted 5 years ago

Mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, turkey and dressing, and of course all those sweet things!

Yum!

working