jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

What is the most exotic cuisine you've ever tried and did you like it?

1. Docmo profile image91
    Docmoposted 5 years ago

What is the most exotic cuisine you've ever tried and did you like it?

I love trying different cuisines from all over the world. I have tried English, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Tibetan, Indian, Mexican, Moroccan, Persian, American, Jamaican, Greek, Turkish, Arabic etc.  My most exotic experience was eating at an Ethiopian Restaurant ( in Ottawa!) and enjoying a communal pancake and spicy dishes. What is yours?

2. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 5 years ago

While it is not exotic but then maybe to some it is...I love sushi...I could eat it day and night.

1. Docmo profile image91
      Docmoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love sushi- I often have a sushi lunch! It is tasty, healthy and not too filling!

3. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I have a friend that's from Trinidad and for Christmas eve one year, he had my friends and I over for an authentic meal just like his grandmother would have made. I immediately feel in love with the cuisine. Good stuff!

1. teddi6 profile image75
      teddi6posted 5 years agoin reply to this

My step-father is East Indian from Trinidad, Port of Spain to be exact.  I was raised on curry, peas and rice and Roti, I never think of food that I make all the time as exotic.
      When I make Jerk Chicken my neighbors want to know how to do it.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I grew up on collard greens and cornbread, so most stuff is exotic to me! I do love jerk chicken!

4. mvillecat profile image77
    mvillecatposted 5 years ago

Thai green papaya salad. It was very good. I enjoyed it.

1. Docmo profile image91

Ohhh I had this in Thailand and fell in love with this salad!

5. iheartkafka profile image66
    iheartkafkaposted 5 years ago

I'm a big traveler and I love trying local cuisine; however, being a vegetarian, I'm always limited in what I am able to eat. Nonetheless, when my husband and I backpacked through Europe several years ago, I developed the habit of asking the waiters pick my meal (assuming it' vegetarian friendly). It exposes me to a wide variety of foods that I wouldn't have tried otherwise and it shows me what the locals consider their best dishes.

1. Docmo profile image91

This limited menu issue for vegetarians is very much a western flaw... In the east almost half the menu if not more are vegetarian dishes. As I grew up vegetarian in south India it's a haven for a vegetarian pilgrimage! There are so many choices !

6. ishwaryaa22 profile image88
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

I am adventurous with food and enjoyed trying various exotic cuisines. Recently, I tried Burmese cuisine and it included green chicken curry and chicken coconut soup. Really uniquely delicious!

1. Docmo profile image91

Sounds yummy. I find. Lot of parallels in east Asian cooking in ingredients and palate...

working