jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the weirdest thing you have ever ate?

1. milleramanda53 profile image80
    milleramanda53posted 5 years ago

What is the weirdest thing you have ever ate?

2. flashmakeit profile image72
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

My mother use to cook cow tongue and I thought it was so weird.

3. Suzie HQ profile image94
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

I ate (briefly it has to said!) sheep's brain soup in Turkey. Always keen to try new and unusual dishes, this one I just could not take to!!

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Frog legs, fried gator, snake skin, but my favorite is squid.

5. Insane Mundane profile image61
    Insane Mundaneposted 5 years ago

I'm sure that the weirdest stuff I have ate was found inside bologna, hot dogs, and vienna sausages, as I never trusted what all was "in there."  LOL!

6. jbrock2041 profile image83
    jbrock2041posted 5 years ago

crocodile- It's actually pretty common in New Orleans.

7. profile image0
    Metamorpheusposted 5 years ago

I ate roasted guinea pig in Ecuador. It's a national dish, although to be honest, there's not much meat on the bone.

I've also tried frogs' legs, snails, crocodile, and probably a lot of other things that I can't remember.

8. Sarah Christina profile image84
    Sarah Christinaposted 5 years ago

Besides snails, for me it's probably menudo. I actually love menudo, its an acquired taste for non-Mexicans though, and I didn't like it the first time I tried it. It consists of hominy and various cow stomach parts, in a tomato-chile broth. It's actually quite healthy, and is the cure for the hangover (it really does work!) I tried to get my sister to try it when she was very hung over after my niece's bachelorette party, but she was grossed out by it instantly and refused to even try it. I guess it's not for everyone.

working