jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What soup have you eaten recently?

1. Brinafr3sh profile image81
    Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago

What soup have you eaten recently?

I like nearly all soups.

2. MickS profile image68
    MickSposted 5 years ago

My home made beef soup this Wednesday.............................

3. weavesandbraids profile image81
    weavesandbraidsposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7329230_f260.jpg

I eat soup almost everyday.

In Nigeria (and I think most of West Africa) our idea of soup differes from that of the west. Our soups are rich mixtures of palm oil, vegetables, seafood, dry fish , meat and then some very local condiments like ogbono, egusi etc.

The picture is of pounded yam and egusi soup.

These soups are not eaten alone.

We eat them with a carbohydrate/starch meal. This could be pounded yam, plantain, cocoyam. Or it could be based on a grain like corn, wheat, millet or rice. Cassava is the most commonly used base for the carbohydrate part as it can be processed into so many forms like garri, fufu or loi loi. In some parts of Nigeria soups are eaten with plain cassava starch.

To eat, you roll a small ball of the carbohydrate (with your fingers), dunk it in the soup and enjoy.

4. Goody5 profile image68
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I had some chicken coconut curry soup the other day.

5. janshares profile image95
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

The last soup I had a couple weeks ago was New England clam chowder (Progresso). It's one of my favorites.

6. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

I made some homemade soup with ground turkey, spinach, peas, garlic, and noodles. I wrote a hub about it called Homemade Soup: Cheap, Healthy, Fast, and Deeelicious.

Store-bought soups are nowhere near as good as homemade and they are much more expensive. Soups are pretty easy to throw together and can be customized for your tastes or what you have in your pantry or fridge.

7. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Yesterday I had some chicken and dumplings soup from Oil Garden restaurant.

8. moonfairy profile image79
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I made  home made chicken noodle soup a couple of weeks ago....and had some clam chowder over the weekend.....both were yummy!!

9. vespawoolf profile image96
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

I made chicken tortilla soup last night. It's spicy, creamy and full of veggies and grilled chicken. I love to garnish it with cilantro, tortilla strips and avocado slices. Yum!

10. Trish303 profile image72
    Trish303posted 5 years ago

I had my clam chowder I have posted here on hubpages today,

11. K-112 profile image61
    K-112posted 5 years ago

I ate broccoli cheddar soup from Panera Bread yesterday...it was very good!

working