jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Does anyone else eat Farina?

1. Pop Culture World profile image83
    Pop Culture Worldposted 5 years ago

Does anyone else eat Farina?

In the cooler months I eat Farina for breakfast with milk, sugar, cinnamon, and raisins. Do any other adults eat this cereal? Whenever I see an advertisement for it, it's always a kid on the box.

2. Goody5 profile image72
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

It's referred to as "Cream of Wheat" around here, and I really like to eat it in the winter time with milk, sugar, cinnamon and raisins in it just like you do. Thanks for teaching me a new word  smile

1. stayingalivemoma profile image83
      stayingalivemomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Delicious!!!

2. profile image0
      GoldenThreadPressposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. Yum--Deb

3. DS Duby profile image93
    DS Dubyposted 5 years ago

oh yeah! definitely I also love grits, but only if I'm visiting a southern state grits are horrible up north

Pop Culture Worldposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How do they taste different in the north? I have had them once and didn't like them too much, and yes, it was in the north.

2. DS Duby profile image93
      DS Dubyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what they actually did different but when I was in Florida, Tennesee and Kentucky  the grits had a richer flavor and thick smooth texture. But the few times I have tried them in Illinois or Indiana they tasted bland and were runny

4. stayingalivemoma profile image83
    stayingalivemomaposted 5 years ago

i do!! I love Cream of Wheat!! Grew up on it...still buy it...ahhh the good old days....milk, butter and sugar in it...yummmm.

5. Tess45 profile image83
    Tess45posted 5 years ago

I used to as a kid. They have it up north but not down here in the south. Grits just aren't the same!

6. Bozoplay profile image83
    Bozoplayposted 5 years ago

I ate it as a child but it was referred to as Cream of Wheat since that was how the box was labelled. I actually didn't mind the occasional lump. I found this statement on the Internet which refers to it's food value. "When enriched, it is one of the single best sources of dietary iron available, especially for vegetarian diets, with most brands offering as much as 50% of the recommended daily value in a single 120-calorie serving."

I think I may go out and buy some next week. It's good for you and is easy to digest and if you add raisins, milk and cane sugar it actually tastes OK.

Pop Culture Worldposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't mind a little lump here and there either. It's like cereal dumplings or something. LOL. The worst problem is when you don't keep mixing and you get the layer of stuff at the bottom of the pan that you have to do hard labor to scrape out!

7. Pop Culture World profile image83
    Pop Culture Worldposted 5 years ago

Thanks for your answers everyone. There is a brand of cereal called Farina. They might not have it in all states. I usually buy it because it is cheaper than the Cream of Wheat Brand. But it has to be the exact same thing I'm guessing.

1. lupine profile image72
      lupineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cream of Wheat is the same as Farina, as far as I know,,,says farina on the box. I eat it with milk, cinnamon, some vanilla extract, and a little sugar. Tastes great!

working