jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day?

1. Handicapped Chef profile image79
    Handicapped Chefposted 5 years ago

Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day?

2. innerspin profile image94
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

I'm pretty useless without breakfast. Plenty of people at work start at 7.30 am and don't eat until around 9.30, sometimes 11 if it's busy. Nope. I'd rather get up a bit earlier and fix some porridge or other cereal. Then again, I'm not good at passing mealtime, except lunch, every now and then.

3. Goody5 profile image68
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

It is for me, it's gets me going in the morning.

4. carol7777 profile image90
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

I am way too hungry to go without eating something in the morning.  We ride our bikes and I need some energy.

5. profile image0
    bobbyandbeansposted 5 years ago

Your body has been without food for 8 hours at least, and your blood sugar has dipped overnight.  Eating breakfast replenishes the fuel you're missing and regulates your sugar.  If you don't eat in the morning, you tend to get hungry at night because your body knows it will go even longer than 8 hours without eating; this may lead to overeating because of hunger.  If you eat breakfast your metabolism is steadier throughout the day and you're less likely to overindulge at other meals.

6. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Breakfast is extremely important for your health and stability for the rest of the day. However, dinner is also important because without dinner you wake up many times only to find your growling and hurting stomach. Then you need to walk out of bed, face the animals outside the door, find a snack, scarf it down quickly because you want to go back to sleep, get back into the room without letting the animals in, and laying in bed for what feels like 15 minutes until you can sleep again.

working