jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favorite veggie, and how do you eat it?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite veggie, and how do you eat it?

2. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I really don't have a favorite veggie...I love so many of them! But my top favorites are..
    cucumbers...I love them in a salad or alone on a sandwich. Lightly toasted bread spread with a thin layer of mayo, salt and pepper. sooo good!
    tiny zuchinni/summer squash...lightly sauted in olive oil and celery salt. I cook it till it's soft with just a tiny bit of crunch.
    Tomatoes picked fresh and still warm from the summer sun
    And....fresh, crisp, ice cold radishes...with a touch of salt....

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Brussell sprouts, steamed with butter and Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt.  Love them and my husband hates them so I don't have to share!

4. Bryan W Cole profile image59
    Bryan W Coleposted 5 years ago

Probably onions and since I cook it into just about every dinner I make, I'd have to say all the time. JalapeƱos would be second.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

i love spinach, brussel sprouts, kaile and iceberg lettuce. I prefer stir fried with garlic, simple and easy to cook.

6. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

I love thick slices of zucchini on the grill, brushed with olive oil and lightly salted with kosher salt. I also enjoy red peppers flame roasted on our gas stove and slathered with olive oil. It's hard to beat a summer salad with romaine lettuce and plenty of seasonable crunchy vegetables, dressed with high quality balsamic vinegar and EVOO.

7. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Three "main favorites" come to mind.  (I can't select one over the others.)

Peas (any kind) - dumped on a plate or else turned into soup (by someone other than I   lol).

Lima Beans - dumped on a plate.

Lettuce - dumped on a plate or in a salad bowl, or else in a sandwich with tomato and/or egg

8. inding profile image66
    indingposted 5 years ago

Lettuce. I like to eat it raw and without anything added.

9. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

I love carrots and eat them raw, even my skin got nice carotene tan, everyone thinks I am the sun buff, that I am anyway:)