KFC to Put Cheese on Donuts

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Handicapped Chef profile image67
    Handicapped Chefposted 10 years ago

KFC to Put Cheese on Donuts

If you thought the cronut was an odd dessert, just wait until you hear about KFC's latest menu offering. According to the Consumerist, KFC Indonesia's newest addition is a cheese topped donut. Participating locations will offer donuts with a mixture of shredded Swiss and cheddar sprinkled on top. And strangely enough, an advertisement pairs the item with Hazelnut-flavored coffee.
    My question would you buy it.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8379005_f260.jpg

2. Georgie Lowery profile image90
    Georgie Loweryposted 10 years ago

I will try anything once. It probably wouldn't taste bad, just different than what we're used to.

Handicapped Chefposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can agree with that but will it last on the open market I do not think so.

3. Koyna Sen profile image59
    Koyna Senposted 10 years ago

Why not? It is always good to try out new things. Moreover. KFC is a reputed brand and I believe that whatever it experiments it cannot be a flop. Donut topped with cheese will definitely tastes yummy. So, lets try.

I agree never say never but you first I love to try new thing that what I do for a living create new food products but this is not to my liking but that dose not meal it won't be good.

4. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 10 years ago

bleh not a chance. Of course my first job many years ago was at a KFC and I never eat there anyway, but this just sounds absolutely disgusting.

I agree with you on this one it a no go for me plus I really don't eat to much fast foods.

5. CraftytotheCore profile image76
    CraftytotheCoreposted 10 years ago

KFC around here stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken!  I've never heard of KFC Coffee.  We have Honey Dew Donuts, Bess Eaton, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Willoughby's (an hour from here), and Bruegger's Bagels.  There are other private donut shops around.

The Dunkin Donuts in town starting a sandwich.  It's 2 maple glazed donuts with a fried egg and bacon inside.

I like my donut sweet and gooey.  I don't think I'd like it with cheese unless it was a pizza donut with sauce.

I from the states also but they are starting it in Indonesia but I really do not think it is something that will last, Maybe if hey started a small donut menu I may work but not this.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The pizza donut sounds interesting!

6. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

Cheese and donuts...? Two great tastes, but I'm not sure they would go so great together.

Maybe if they cut through the donut then add a few pieces of bacon on it they may have something there.

7. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years ago

Cheddar cheese on top of apple pie has been served since the 1920s or 1930s at least in diners, so cheese-and-sweet sometimes go together. I don't know about donut and cheese, tho. Maybe Asiago cheese would be better than Swiss and cheddar, because Asiago cheese bread tastes a little sweet to me, and is good.

I agree with you but as a sweet donut with cheese on top I really d not think it goes well at all.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Defintely not good if the donut is a glazed donut. An apple fritter might be good with just a little Asiago cheese, unless the fritter was covered in sugar glazing like Tim Horton's - not good then.

8. JohnGreasyGamer profile image77
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 10 years ago

I like chocolate fudge ice-cream, but I also like steak. I doubt the two would go well together though, nor does that make it a good food because it's the best of both worlds (in my opinion).

However I can imagine cheese working with donuts. As I don't like cheese I can't say, but I speculate there are people who wouldn't mind it. After all there has to be taste tests otherwise KFC's marketing teams wouldn't allow it due to the loss of profit.

Personally I wouldn't buy it, but it sure looks nice in the picture you linked, and many will probably go for it.

I agree with you it I saw it on the menu I  would look right pas it.

9. jtrader profile image35
    jtraderposted 10 years ago

I would try that. I like new things/ways of having cheese with pastry.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)