jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you eat fish on Monday? If not, why not?

1. 4FoodSafety profile image74
    4FoodSafetyposted 3 years ago

Do you eat fish on Monday? If not, why not?

Have you heard about the food safety advise given to avoid eating fish on Monday? If so, do you follow that guideline - why or why not?

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

Why can't eat fish on monday? Bad taste? Anyway, i haven't eat fish for a month

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image95
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

I have not read this.  Why is there any special concern about Mondays?
    In any case, it is irrelevant to me, as I'm a vegetarian, and don't eat fish anyway.

4. Alphadogg16 profile image90
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

I have not heard/read this and I generally will eat fish on a Monday or any other day for that matter.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago

I have not heard this advice-- but perhaps it is because the fish might not have been delivered to the store for a day or two over the weekend.  ??
    When I buy fish, I almost always cook it the same day. Fish needs to be fresh and it can go bad on you in a short period of time. I can usually recognize fresh fish by the look-- and I also ask when it came into the store. I buy it at the fresh butcher counter, not pre-packaged.
    At many restaurants they may be using frozen fish, but if it is an eating place that specializes in sushi or seafood it is probably fresh-- their reputation depends on it.

working