This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why should I take PPI’s for heartburn?

1. Ramonsays profile image60
    Ramonsaysposted 7 months ago

Why should I take PPI’s for heartburn?

When you have heartburn, why should medication be taken for something you can comtrol at home with a heathy diet and lifestyle changes?

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 months ago

The human body may sometimes need a bit of medical help; but PPIs always made me feel depressed, so I just am careful about not overeating, not eating too fast, etc.

3. Ramonsays profile image60
    Ramonsaysposted 7 months ago

I agree, I have made a huge change in my diet. Now vegitarian. So I have been on Prilosec for 13 years because of heartburn. I wanted to stop taking them but after a day or two the reflux became unbearable. Finally my Gastro doctor scoped me out to find out I have a Hiatal Hernia. I have been searchng many ways to go natural and I am looking for others to join me on this journey against this PPI and finding natural remedies.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Best wishes and prayers for your recovery!  I do hope the doctors find a good, more natural cure.

working