How Do You Like Your Eggs In the Morning

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (64 posts)
  1. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

I have some free range chickens and two ducks, loads of eggs, I like boiled eggs with brown bread lightly buttered - liar loads of butter......

1. falcon64 profile image59
      falcon64posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like eggs mixed with mexican cheese in the morning match with a toasted bread and a mug of my favorite brewed coffee.

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well before I married my wife she used to say 'unfertelized' *grin*

Seriously though - I love scrambled eggs with a little bit of cheese...

3. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't have breakfast. smile

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

poached or hardboiled. once in a while, scrambled.

2. theirishobserver. profile image61

Some people say eggs are bad for you but this is untrue, eggs provide many of the ingredients we need to stay healthy...

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

fresher=less cholestrol. i have chickens too  smile

3. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 14 years ago

I used to love them scrambled with cheese and onion, but then got food poisoning almost 12 years ago from an egg and haven't been able to touch them since.

4. theirishobserver. profile image61

wychic sorry to hear you were put off eggs...

1. wychic profile image85
      wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It took me a while to get used to finding other things, but now I'm blessed to have a husband who makes awesome french toast (the eggs only bother me if I can taste them) as well as one of my favorites...grilled tuna and cheese sandwich. For some reason people think that's an odd breakfast choice, I just think it's tasty! He makes it with chives and garlic on multi-grain bread and it's delicious.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A few fried shimp mixed in with the scrambled eggs are also great.  With tuna boil the shrimp and allow to chill, add a little picklerelish and sliced egg, onion with a splash of diced celery and tiny pieces of cheddar cheese and of cource onion and mayo.

5. theirishobserver. profile image61

falcon64 that sounds very tasty, the closest I would get to that combination would be an omlette, eggs with cheese/ham and what ever else you like...

The easiest way,I know with no oil to used.

6. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

Funny you should mention this. My partner is making breakfast for us right now. I usually get a sausage and scrambled egg sandwich. But sometimes, we will have fried eggs, toast, bacon or sausage and juice.

There is a restaurant in Saugatuck, Michigan called the Calico
    Kitchen. They have the best darn breakfast buffet I have ever had. 5 different kinds of meat, including smoked Ham. Pancakes, french toast, waffles, and huge Cinnimon rolls. 3 different kinds of scrambled eggs, grits, hasbrowns, home fries, they
    also have something called a Calico Scramble which is awesome!
    and a apple fritter stew. Yum! And giant biscuits with gravy, and muffins. It's just a really good deal.

They also have a dinner buffet. But, the breakfast buffet is bigger, and better. It's also packed. Very hard to get a table
    if you have a large group. But, it's worth it.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image58
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love Saugatuck.  It seems every place there has great breakfasts.

7. lovelypaper profile image58
    lovelypaperposted 14 years ago

Have you ever had egg in a nest? What you do is take a piece of bread, put a one inch diameter whole in the center of it. Put it in a skillet with a good amount of butter. Crack an egg into the hole of the bread which is already sizzling in the skillet. Cook for a couple minutes, salt, pepper, turn egg, cook some more. There you go. Very delicious!

1. Ohma profile image60
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In my neck of the woods we call these toads although I dont know why.
      Me personally I like my eggs at supper time. I do not eat breakfast i drink breakfast and it has to be strong, black and hot!

8. theirishobserver. profile image61

brimancandy. that all sounds very nice, it is 4.30pm here in Ireland....so have a nice day

9. theirishobserver. profile image61

Lovelypaper I have never heard of that cooking method but I will try it perhaps in the morning.....I am now going to make Irish Stew....for my dinner...

10. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Let me see...I like them scrambled, not too over easy, in the middle of bread (yum), and even like them as eggs benditic (sp) never had them that way before but now that I have they are soooo good. big_smile

11. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

this is different, I boiled it, sliced it lenghtwise  and mixed it with vegetables with mayo, cabbage, carrots etc..

or mixed plain boiled sliced egg and then put mayo, then make egg sandwhich

then brewed coffee, plus sliced watermelon or melon

12. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

How Do You Like Your Eggs In the Morning

I like mine with a nude woman a spatula, duct tape, baby oil and a shower curtain.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

13. dyesebel10 profile image64
    dyesebel10posted 14 years ago

I like them scrambled or sunny-side up, but should be soft.  I eat them with sausage, bacon, or hotdog, then rice.

Nice picture....I do swear you are the avid fan of Marian Rivera or are you Marian Rivera?smile

2. Mama Sez profile image63
      Mama Sezposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here...classic Pinoy breakfast.

14. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

I LOVE eggs.  I am currently on a fried over-easy kick, but I like them scrambled, boiled, poached, in an omelet, pretty much any way you can think of.  I will not eat tomatoes with eggs, though.  It just tastes weird to me.

15. Rod Marsden profile image67
    Rod Marsdenposted 14 years ago

I like my eggs of a morning as as part of a mushroom, bacon and tomato omelet. Only of course when it is spring and mushrooms are in season.

16. Sa Toya profile image83
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

I like mine with a kiss...boiled of fried as long as I get my kiss....

i LURVE eggs so I'd have them anyhow, preferably:

omelets...with courgettes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomato sauce/ puree, garlic, corn and a sprinkling of cheese.

I'd settle for scramble or sunny side up big_smile

17. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I like my eggs cooked for me someone else big_smile

I can cook all sorts of things, but I have never mastered two things: 1. to bake a cake that has a flat top, 2. to make a perfect boiled egg.

I'll trade you a flat-top cake and a perfect boiled egg for dishes duty tongue. My mom and 4-H taught me well in the kitchen, but I still hate the cleanup part, it's not nearly so much fun!

18. uliveulearn profile image69
    uliveulearnposted 14 years ago

I am fortunate to have breakfast made for me every weekend.  My favorite is soft boiled eggs put in an egg cup with the top cut off.  Dip toast cut into fingers in the yolk.

19. motricio profile image70
    motricioposted 14 years ago

Fritos! smile

20. Christene profile image61
    Christeneposted 14 years ago

I don't have them in the morning. Not enough time on a weekday and I sleep past breakfast on weekends.

For dinner...I like them scrambled, topped with a little pepper, sometimes ketchup. tongue

21. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I like my eggs in a pancake or two with drizzling maple syrup. Mmmmm

1. Ron Montgomery profile image58
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a coincidence, that's how I like my women!

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ROFL

22. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

I like my eggs any way but over done and never when I first get up.  Just can't face them, purely psychologcial.  I love them at a late breakfast, brunch, lunch or even and especially dinner.  Fried/over easy or over medium, eggs benedict, soft scrambled, egg salad, sliced egg sandwich, or even with those pesky tomatoes - but hold the ketchup.  Never ketchup!

23. FranyaBlue profile image74
    FranyaBlueposted 14 years ago

I break mine into a dish, add some spices and a bit of milk, soak a couple of slices of bread in it and then fry the bread in oil and add the rest of the eggy sauce over the top - YUM!

1. The Rope profile image60
      The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds a lot like the American dish called "French Toast".  One of my personal Sunday morning treats! Ymmmm.

24. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Blonde, what' up? smile

25. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

Egg whites only, fried in some olive oil.

Or, scrambled egg beaters on top of a buttered piece of whole wheat toast.

Or, omelettes with diced ham & cheddar or feta, spinach & artichokes.

I love eggs for breakfast!

26. theirishobserver. profile image61

girly-girl sounds good

27. theirishobserver. profile image61

justine76 have you indeed, well last year I bought 6 hens, then I was given a Rooster, then one of my hens (clocked) this means sat on the eggs, however after 21 days all the babies were still born, so she started to clock again and this time she had six baby chics (no longer babies) in fact most have turned out to be baby roosters, I then bought two ducks....love the eggs...very good for you like most things in moderation....

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile lucky you!!! i had to purchase an incubator

If you have access to a hardware store, they're not too tough to build smile. The biggest thing is just making sure the eggs don't get too hot, I had one rigged up with a thermostat...though darned if I can remember how I built it now, it's been a LOOONG time.

I may not eat eggs that I can taste anymore, but when I find a permanent place (read: out of town, that I own) I plan on getting some chickens because I do a ton of baking, my husband and son both love eggs (my son has an egg, meat and cheese sandwich that my husband named after him, that's his special treat), and we have plenty of recipes for extra roosters and old hens wink

28. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Eggs benedict are my fav...followed by egg in the hole (with tons of butter...mmmm .... ) and then followed by a gooey cheese omlette.  mmmmm  Now I'm hungry for some breakfast... big_smile

29. theirishobserver. profile image61

Beth100 I wish it was breakfast time again....but it is 3.30pm here in Ireland and I have made a big pot of Irish Stew.....

30. theirishobserver. profile image61

cosette, I also like them boiled, toast with lashings of butter...

31. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

is a lashing of butter a lot? smile

you're right, real butter is better than margarine. thankfully i don't like a lot of butter. just enough to moisten the top of your toast.

32. theirishobserver. profile image61

Yes lashings is loads, which is not great I know but I walk a lot, I always justify the lashings as I exercise alot...am I fooling myself.... smile

33. fishtiger58 profile image68
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Over easy with whole wheat toast. OOOOOhhhh yummy. Maybe for dinner as well.

34. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

not at all. you only have butter once a day right, with your toast? walking is said to be the best exercise because it is consistent and an overall workout, including cardio.

35. theirishobserver. profile image61

fishtiger58 hear it and love it...Hubtastic

36. theirishobserver. profile image61

cosette, OK I feel better now...cant wait for breakfast...

37. theirishobserver. profile image61

Juts had scrambled eggs with toast...it is 8.30am in Ireland

38. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

I like them scrambled with cheese. Not shredded cheese though, has to be cheese that comes pre-sliced. And I like to add the tiniest bit of maple syrup to them.

39. Has_aWayWithWords profile image62
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

i like them however you want to serve them...preferably in bed  lol

40. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

I usually have them on a plate.

41. theirishobserver. profile image61

Dale, I also like my frie dor scambled eggs on a plate, sometimes I have boiled egg in an egg cup...dip the thin slices of toast into the middle....love it...

42. motricio profile image70
    motricioposted 14 years ago

Revueltos con tomate y cebolla. smile

43. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

HOT

44. theirishobserver. profile image61

yes hot indeed, I had scambled this morning.....

45. theirishobserver. profile image61

I asked my girl friend thsi question and she said unfertilised....I should have put her out with my cock

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)