Tips, Tricks and Strategies for Getting the Most Out of Hub Pages

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Eric L Walker profile image59
    Eric L Walkerposted 15 years ago

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time in the Hub forum. I've published 8 Hubs. Most all of them have been centered around internet (affiliate and network) marketing topics. I always try to lead with value. I have respect for Hub Pages. Currently my Marketing Merge Renegade University Review is being found my many in my target market.

I can see that I'll be using Hub Pages more and more to publish articles I find relevant for my niche.

So as I move forward, I was wanting to 1)Establish a presence here in the forums, and meet some other like-minded individuals 2)Learn from other Hubbers and 3)Offer assistance and contribute positively.

At the moment, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for offering tips or strategies for gaining more Fans.

Eric Walker

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi

With 45 fans and only 8 hubs you're doing well already!  I'm new (middle of August so 3 months in) and always figured so long as I had more fans than hubs it must be a good thing.  But I am not specifically working in one niche - although I do have some niches (if you see what I mean)!

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You are definitely off to a go start seeing you fan base smile  here are a couple more suggestions. Read other hubbers articles and join their fan club, get to know them and stop back to say hello every once n a while.  Once everyone gets to know you , your fan base will grow as well.big_smile Hope this helps and welcome !!!

1. BDazzler profile image78
        BDazzlerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And absolutely read AEvan's hub advice to a new hubber!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Advice-to-a-New-Hubber

1. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thank you BDazzler for the credit,smile

2. Eric L Walker profile image59
    Eric L Walkerposted 15 years ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I look forward to branching out and reading more hubs and getting to know many of the writers.
    -Eric Walker

3. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Hi Eric,
    If you want to gain more fans, I'd suggest that you spend a bit more time in the forums, and start taking part in the conversations, and giving some intelligent responses to some of the postings.

Put something other than network marketing related stuff into your profile.  Prospective fans will check it out.
    If they see something interesting, will more likely to become your fan.
    And if you wrote hubs about something other than Renegade University, people may be more likely to become your fans.
    (Unless by "like minded individuals" you meant others who are also selling R. U. materials - in which case concentrating on RU hubs may well encourage them to be your fans)

(Disclaimer: I wrote a hub about Renegade University, but you definitely don't want to read that. lol )

Good Luck.
    Eric G.

1. Eric L Walker profile image59
      Eric L Walkerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hello Eric G.

I write this response with a smile on my face. I most certainly remember your article. There may have been some things I disagreed with about some points you made in that Hub, but in hindsight, it made a positive impact on all "us" Renegade University students.

There is a fine line between "value-based" articles and inadvertent "over-promotion."

I agree that I could visit the forums more often. Seems that is an important aspect of any online community.

And that is why you see me here now. I respect Hubpages, and will continue writing here. I seek to learn more and more about this community and be active in more ways than publishing articles.

Eric Walker

PS. Nice motorcycle pic.

1. knslms profile image65
        knslmsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I understand that allot of people are writing because they enjoy it, and one of the great things about hubpages is the friendly community of people. I don't understand however how growing a fan base of other writers is going to help you grow.

Don't get me wrong I love meeting new people just as much as the next person but the idea is to tell a person something they didn't know and recommend solutions for problems that your reader may be unaware of.

These are the people you are writing to so then they should be the people you look to get your articles in front of. Weather your writing for fun or for the money you still should have the same goal.

Growing a fan base of people who don't read your work is useless. This I'll become your friend if you become mine stuff is pointless.

Whats better 10,000 visitors who have no interest in your work, or 10 that do? I'll take the ten.

4. Dream Earner profile image60
    Dream Earnerposted 15 years ago

Hi Eric,

Keith Davey here.

Hopefully our paths will cross quite often here in the forums.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

smile

5. MoralsEthics1960 profile image59
    MoralsEthics1960posted 15 years ago

Treat everyone as they are family and respect the ones around you.
    Except suggestions with a greatful heart.
    Get to know your family here at Hub Pages and they will in turn get to know you and  help in so many ways.
    Never stop writing  and know that you are loved:)

;

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)