Three famous UFO encounters. Unexplained...Explain it

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (51 posts)
  1. Rishy Rich profile image72
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

While reading the recent Russian Gov. Ilyumzhinov alien encounter story, this topic came to my mind. Stories of such Alien abductions & UFO encounters are flooding through net. Thousands of pics & videos can be seen online - among which 99.99999999% are hoaxes. While others are either misunderstood or deliberately spread for publicity. From Ancient astronauts to Roswell UFO incident, we have heard thousands of stories so far, however none of them provided single physical evidence that could completely satisfy our scientific community. Because of this reason, it’s really hard for me to believe these stories. However, there are some stories which are really mind freaking & still left unexplained. I’m presenting three such UFO encounters briefly & looking forward for your rational explanation on each of these three incidents (please check the links provided below for details):

1. Belgian UFO wave (1989-1990): Mass sighting of large, silent, low-flying black triangles, which were tracked by multiple NATO radar and jet interceptors, and investigated by Belgium's military. Photographic evidence exists.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_UFO_wave

2. 1976 Tehran UFO incident: The 1976 Tehran UFO Incident was a radar and visual sighting of an unidentified flying object (UFO) over Tehran, the capital of Iran…The incident is particularly notable for the electromagnetic interference effects observed on aircraft in close proximity …two F-4 Phantom II jet interceptors independently lost instrumentation and communications…one of the aircraft also suffered temporary weapons systems failure while preparing to fire upon the object…The incident is well-documented in an U.S. DIA report…included the White House, Secretary of State, Joint Chiefs of Staff, NSA and CIA…Various high-ranking Iranian military officers directly involved with the events have also gone on public record stating their belief that the object was not terrestrial in origin.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Tehran_UFO_incident

3. The Miracle of the Sun (Fatima, Portugal):  Thousands of people saw what they thought was the suns gyrate and descend. This was later reinterpreted by Jacques Vallee, Joaquim Fernandes and Fina d'Armada as a possible UFO sighting that was not originally recognized as such due to cultural differences.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miracle_of_the_Sun

Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Possible explanations:

Belgian UFO Wave:

1.    Ultra-modern Russian or US aircraft toying with Belgian air force
      2.    Natural phenomena misunderstood by radar

Tehran UFO incident

1.    Ultra-modern Russian or US aircraft toying with Iranian air force
      2.    Natural phenomena misunderstood by radar

Miracle of the Sun (Fatima, Portugal)

1.    Natural phenomena
      2.    Mass hysteria

Are these convincing to you?

2. ryanedel profile image59
      ryanedelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the biggest problem with UFO sightings is that the minute "UFO" is attached to any phenomenon, groups of ufologists come in and twist all the data to indicate a UFO presence.  In the Skeptics Report on the Belgian UFO Wave (http://skepticreport.com/sr/?p=162), you'll note that several explanations are given not only for what the phenomenon could have been, but also for how people were perceiving the environment.  We take for granted that the aircraft tracked the object on radar, but the Skeptics Report points to evidence that the radar was malfunctioning.

For the Tehran incident, I find the discussion portion of the Wikipedia article interesting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:1976_ … O_incident).  The article was nominated as a "good article," but it failed due to insufficient in-text citations, a lack of photos, and a lack of citations.  For this incident, why don't we have photographic evidence?  Or, better still, nose-cone footage from one of the F-4's?

I'm afraid I didn't have time to research the Miracle of the Sun.  But something I would like to point out is that a UFO is an **Unidentified** flying object.  As such, I don't think think enough evidence has been presented for us to make a determination in these cases.  An absence of evidence for natural causes does not imply the existence of evidence for extraterrestrial causes - all it does is imply an absence of data.  Ufologists actually stir up a great deal of controversy (and they sell books and movie rights, and thus earn a lot of money) by claiming otherwise.  I think we need to be scientific and search for the truth that is rather than the truth we'd like to see.

Very nice smile .Straight to the point. Im totally with you on this regard. Thank You!

2. sparkster profile image86
        sparksterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The miracle of the sun is probably the most interesting in my opinion, Richard Dawkins explains this in his book, The God Delusion, as either some kind of optical illusion or mass hallucination based upon pscyhological principles - our perception can be highly innaccurate under certain conditions.

On the other hand Alex Collier claims that this was alien exploitation - Draconian aliens were posing as the virgin mary in order to exploit us via our belief systems.

3. profile image57
      KenoNashposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The most interesting thing about Fatima is how what was seen at the time and what is remembered now differs. Some indeed saw the sun dance around the sky. Others reported, even then, only an unusually bright cloud. Others simply saw nothing at all. As time passed Fatima began to take on a "Rockwell" type life of it's own.  RESEARCH- there's no substitute for research. As for Dawkins and Collier...prime examples of researchers biased by their own belief systems without regards to the facts

2. profile image53
    (Q)posted 13 years ago

Actually, those stories wouldn't satisfy the scientific community as much as it would irritate the ufo kooks and significance junkies. The SC is not the least bit interested.

read it first, many high ranked govt. officials, pilots & members of SC's were involved in the first two incidents.

3. profile image53
    (Q)posted 13 years ago

Yes, I know, I've read those reports before and have been involved in endless pages of discussion. UFologists are pretending to be scientists, some even have credentials, like Van Waterschoot, who was an economist.

The real scientific community has very little interest in the ufologists and the other kooks.

Not in these cases, there were no so called UFOlogists involved in these investigations & dats why I asked everyone to read these cases. I have done the same research over years & I knw wat u are talking abt. These are exceptions considered by most of the SC

1. profile image53
        (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The links YOU provided states they are ufologists. smile

explain pls

2. aguasilver profile image69
      aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why not?

Serious question, I mean, what do they know that we simpletons do not?

1. profile image53
        (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You said it, not me. wink

4. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

Now you know I LOVE UFOs...
    But I had a friend that retired from the USAF that worked in Intelligence.
    I used to pressure him about UFOs and he said once that whatever the US claims is their most advanced aircraft, they really have something 20 to 30 years beyond that in the testing phase.
    BUT, he also related to me once that he was on an aircraft carrier doing something (why a USAF officer was on a Naval ship I don't know) and he saw a bright light hover over the ocean, and fighters were launched, but the "light" just zoomed away.
    He claimed to have no idea what it was he saw.
    But it could have been something above his pay grade.
    So I have to wonder if a lot of these sightings are not US or Russian aircraft.
    However, in 1974 I think we were still friends with Iran, so why would we be tangling with Iranian fighters? 
    And why would they test such secret equipment over populated areas like in Belgium?

hmm...may not be convincing but this is the only explanation we had so far on these cases...dats why it is titled Unexplained! hmm

2. JulesGerome profile image61
      JulesGeromeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To test people reaction, of course.

may b, but secret weapons are supposed to secret, ryt?

2. salt profile image60
        saltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

chocolate, thats why you would go to belgium..

and there must be more lifeforms than us meer humans on this planet.

on this planet??

5. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Rishy did you see the photos? They provide nothing! Just some ordinary looking clouds! The Belgium one is nonsense!

I knw earnest, i have seen them, but it’s not the pics dat made it a cover page story.  Unknown objects were tracked on radar several times (Yes it could have been a natural phenomenon)... But two F-16 fighters from Beauvechain Air Base chased it over 2 hrs, attempted nine separate interceptions of the targets & on three occasions they managed to obtain a radar lock for a few seconds but each time the targets changed position and speed so rapidly that the lock was broken. There were over 13,500 witnesses, 2,600 of whom filed written statements

After checking all the evidence, the Belgian Air force made a press release that it has failed to come up with any rational explanation but rejected all other traditional possibilities (i.e. natural phenomena, balloons, UAV, stealth etc.)

Still sounds nonsense?

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Rishi, yes it does. Did you read the sceptics report you linked here? That makes more sense in light of the good professors track record for handling the truth loosely. smile

hmm, but dat says nothin abt the chase of F-16s

It does mention the possibility of the radar being busted, and that the pilots themselves seem to have nothing supportive to say for the theory though.

Actually u r ryt. Too many coincidences can create such illusions i.e. multiple radar got busted at the same time, the pilots saw an eagle in the cloud & misunderstood it, so did the control room. Sounds completely logical to me...

6. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

I tried my best to explain this one...but the brain chip that the Aliens from Planet X put in my brain...won't allow me to. They told me to tell ya' it was a mixture of heat lightning and sewer gas going off in the atmosphere while weather balloons were passing by.

7. ceciliabeltran profile image66
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

i've seen UFOs the cigar shaped one. a couple of my friends saw it too.

In New York State?

1. ceciliabeltran profile image66
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no, in southeast asia

8. earnestshub profile image79

You weren't smoking the local tobacco at the time were you? smile

lol (you should try the tobacco back home)

No, it was floating over a rival school after they lost basketball inter college meet. it was also on the news. the weird thing is, it just disappeared.

Did anyone get a photo? smile

i have no idea... but we still talk about that weird night when we see each other. my sister and two friends saw one too. I think the island places would be the best place to spot them. I don't know if they are alien though, they're just there...hovering every couple of years.

9. ceciliabeltran profile image66
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

also the local folk in my grandmother's hometown describe golden ships docking and white folks disappearing into a giant white rock. I've seen the rock, it glows at night and we have smaller versions in the beach as well. they spark when you smash them together. The local people use them to light bonfires instead of matches. I later found out that it was not a common thing.

Is it flint stone or something else?

I don't know, some people collect them and turn them into nightlight. It is really cool. I thought I'd find it in other beaches, but it turns out to be unique to that beach. The island is called TABLAS and is the home of many wild porpoises. They follow boats with people and would linger if you clap your hands. There are many myths in the area and many unexplained deaths, which the locals ascribe to the "ENGKANTOS". Many weird goings on there. My uncle got lost in what he calls a modern city (which does not exist in that place)but my mom brushed it off as maybe too much to drink highly possible, but still very weird because you don't get delusions like that in the city. Some folks say that the large glowing white rock is a doorway to some unknown dimension.

As children we were not allowed to explore that area. Now I'm thinking it may be cool to go back.

There are many UFO sightings there as well.

Thank you for that Cecilia. Very interesting. smile

2. sabrebIade profile image80
          sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay ...now I wanna go there really bad.

10. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

I have seen a few at different times in different places.  I saw one just about two weeks ago too.  I was walking and looking up at the sky near sunset (not looking at the sunset though) and this shiny thing caught my attention. 

I thought it was an airplane by the way the light was reflecting off it.  I thought it was a white airplane and the sun light at sunset was touching it in just the right way to make it shine but then it turned like a light and started bouncing around. 

I know it was a real UFO.  I was even so excited that I did a http://christianlogay.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/ist2_5472177-jump-with-joy-boy.jpg because I was thrilled that it was for real.  big_smile

11. Sab Oh profile image56
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

Maybe this kind of thing is what happens when secular society convinces people to supress the natural human expression of faith. Bottle up an essential element of human intelligence and that energy is going to come out somewhere else. I wonder how many of the people who are absolutely sure that something they thought they saw is an alien spacecraft are also among the self-satisfied ilk that scoff at people of faith who adhere to rich, complex, meaningful and beneficial religious traditions.

1. aguasilver profile image69

Demonic spiritual manifestation designed to prepare folk for the days to come when Satan will again (briefly) rule over everyone.

I even wrote hub about it a couple of months ago 'Aliens may be staring us in the face....'

John

12. profile image48
    thefridayknightposted 13 years ago

Just because the majority of the scientific communtiy  doesn't show any interest in ufos doesn't mean a darn thing to me.
    Historically the majority of the SC has turned thier backs on just about everything that is now accepted,standard knowledge in science today. such as: washing your hands before doing surgery. The majority of the scientific community laughed at that idea. Remember Copernicus?, Galileo? They were considered kooks too! They were accused of not having sufficient evidence too! They had evidence! but as usual..anything that doesn't concur with what they were taught in school they don't want to hear...whether you have evidence or not. There is plenty of evidence concerning ufos but the mind causes us to not see or hear what we DONT WANT TO see or hear. Can you imagine how absurd and ridiculous the idea of micro organisms sounded to the majority of the scientist back then?...the idea that there are millions upon millions of little tiny creatures all over the place and they are so small that they cant be seen with the naked eye and they enter our bodies and make us sick. If you look at it objectively...that sounds more ridiculous than the idea of aliens!! The majority of the SC turned thier backs on that idea too! Up until the mid 90's the majority of the SC doubted that there were other planets outside of our solar system!!!
    I couldn't give a damn what the majority of the SC is paying attention to or not paying attention to!! That means abosolutely nothing!!!! The SC needs to get thier heads out of thier rear ends and open up thier minds! History has proven that they need to.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

........................ roll

13. earnestshub profile image79
    1. aguasilver profile image69

Powerful stuff Earnest, and I agree with you dogma based religion has and does cause death, as people confuse the message of their 'god' and set about killing those who disagree.

All (unfortunately) a part of human nature which seems impossible to correct until folk can see the bigger picture and step away from conditioning.

I hate conditioning of ANY type, mind control and hero worship are dangerous concepts and we all need to release folk from those repressive thought patterns.

I just found  that the answer for me was in Christ, or whatever folk want to call Him, not religion, not dogma or doctrine, just a personal relationship with God through His Holy Spirit.

PS: I'm moving nearer to you this weekend, to Penang!

Penang is not far at all. I worked in Malaysia a few years back. The guy I contracted to just became a Datuk recently.

14. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

Interestingly all the UFOs are found either online or in newspaper smile

15. profile image0

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/ap … lecon.html

NASA has a newly invested interest in the search for extraterrestrial life.  SETI is not over.  big_smile 

http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/29/n … -for-life/

16. profile image0

Over in Oahu or Maui one of the locals says that he sees these mystery lights float down every night onto the beach.  smile  I like to think of it as stardust falling from the Heavens.

17. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

You might wanna add this one to your list Rishy...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread573372/pg1

"Very interesting testimony from Peruvian Air Force Commander Oscar Alfonso Huertas who describes an encounter with an unidentified object whilst flying his Sukhoi S-22 jet over La Joya Military Base in 1980 - he states he was ordered to open fire on the object and shot 64 explosive shells at it with little or no effect - he then goes on to give a description of the object and explain how it performed evasive maneuvers."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)