Where do you see mankind after 20000 AD?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (97 posts)
  1. Rishy Rich profile image72
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

From religious believes to scientific predictions, possibilities of the future of mankind is immense. I'm sure that some religious friends will suggest that the end is near & we are not going to survive that long. However others might be optimistic & will suggest possibilities like intergalactic trade & communication. Some might suggest unexpected rise of a new race through genetical engineering or the development of supreme AI's. But, seriously, where do u see mankind at 20000 AD? List five Mutually Conclusive possibilities that u firmly believe might occur at that time...

1. watchya profile image60
      watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1- All people will look just like your avatar
      2- Everyone will live entirely through the Net
      3- All feelings will be virtual.

Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sorry a little change has been made (5 mutually conclusive points required), would u mind replying again roll

4- Everyone will be posting foolish topics in every site
          5. Foolish people will reply.

nope dat happens in 2000 AD...we r talking abt 20000 lol

My bad ! However, people will be the same fools, I think LOL

Damn...I was hoping that the evolution will make them smarter! sad

What evolution ? Where is it ? People thinking we've evolved is a proof of foolishness. What has evolved is Science. And Science has made us think we evolved.And some other people. The ones who rule everything. Common people are in worse condition than apes LOL

1. jacobkuttyta profile image43
                    jacobkuttytaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the very humorous as well as thought provoking answers.

keep it up

2. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't think I will be here to see anything... even if they replace all of my organs and fill me full of weird stuff....

I reccon no one left... we will have managed to wipe ourselves out by then..

ok, so u conclude that we wont survive dat long. simple answer, requires no imagination skill but ez to understand. ty

3. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://dumbfoundedone.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/planet-of-the-apes.jpg

http://i6.tinypic.com/6k4m242.jpg

http://iyokobat.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/picture-jetsons-gerry-dvorak.jpg

creative answer! (Although i didnt get the 2nd one)

1. Greek One profile image63

Mr. Limpet... the 1960s film "The Incredible Mr. Limpet" with Don Knotts whose desite to become a fish came true

4. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1.Massive Human population reduction.
      2.   "              "
      3.   "              "
      4.   "              "
      5. Another bronze age.

5. qwark profile image60

Man will still be around in 20,000.
      He will not be the same man we know today.
      I predict that human population will be reduced dramatically either purposely and by plan or it will suffer a cataclysmic nuclear holocaust perpetrated by a burgeoning rise in religious ignorance matching the rise in human population over the next few  generations.
      If either happens,
      1. planned depopulation;...genetic engineering will necessarily metamorphose man into differing new human species.
      2. Nuclear holocaust: man will be mutated into human creatures that will not resemble contemporary man and we will be regressed to stone age level of life.
      We will not become an extinct species.

Not bad. Long live mankind!

2. Sab Oh profile image57
        Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No need for any of that nonsense. As more and more parts of the world develop mature economies population trends will decline, but not to the levels of some overactive imaginations.

I see u lack the gift of imagination like the priests & fathers of renaissance times who eagerly believed the earth is flat & man will never fly & the end is near!

1. Sab Oh profile image57

Children imagine all sorts of fanciful things. It doesn't mean they should all be taken seriously.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

-  Albert Einstein (German born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1879-1955) roll

Oh yeah, I'm sure he intended that quote to be used as an excuse for lazy, unserious thinking by the self-indulgent... roll

Serious thinking can not be done without imagination! I don't think u have proper education to understand what thinking & imagination means! & I see its not just me but also the other hubbers who found you annoying & irritating. & Its not bcoz of ur smartness, its just bcoz of ur unproductive, meaningless, below standard responses. Im pretty much sure u get the same respect in ur real life just like the amount of appreciation ur getting here. Well Done  wink

"Serious thinking can not be done without imagination!"

Isn't that easy to say?

As I said, an excuse...

3. TMMason profile image61
        TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Always so depressing Qwark. What the hell.

Maybe man will have conquered his battle with emotions and learned to live in some semblance of harmony. Perhaps we will have solved all those ills and illnesses which plauge mankind.

Who knows.... maybe we will have populated the solar system by then and colonized many of the moons throughout.

Man, no need to resort to the religous and scientific fanaticalism.

Slow down man.

Plenty of room in the universe for us all.

But then again?... We're pissin N.A.S.A. away. Thank you leftists.

So?... Man may not go anywhere.

Not to mention the way they are attempting to destroy what is left of our Economy, Military, Health Care. And Society in general, with it's war on Morality and God. And it's Humanistic Secular Pholosophy...

And the way the left is continually inflaming the racail thing?....

You may be right about the wars?... Okay so maybe it won't be so rosy after all.

Hrmmm.... you may be right.

The Athiests in thier fanatical fervor to wipe out all trace of a God, may just nuke, and piss on the religionists till it all goes to shit...

Wow. 

We are pretty screwed, eh?...

6. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is it possible to guesstimate actual situations - trends is the best we could do from here I would think.

I do not share the pessimistic view, or the apocalyptic view.  I find in life, wherever I go around the world, that a very high percentage of people are inherently 'nice', and nice does not always equate to good and bad.  I feel very much that the weight of 'normal' nice people will tip the balance in favour of an optimistic outlook.

I do feel that this particular cycle of affairs is coming to an end, and none too soon.  I can't imagine that the rabid moronic face of religion will continue much longer, I can't imagine that the power to rule (generally) will be left in the hands of the same few greedy a******s who run everything for much longer.  I cannot imagine that the hierarchical living in debasement for dollars will survive much longer in the face of the vast majority of 'normal' people.

I appreciate ur imagination smile

'Religion' has been a part of human civilizations since there ever were any and will always be part of the shared human experience whether that suits your bigotry or not.

1. alternate poet profile image67

You really should try to read what is written before making rabid moronic replies!  I clearly said

I can't imagine that the rabid moronic face of religion will continue much longer

This is not in any way a criticism of religion itself - just the dribbling face of it  that you would appear to want to represent.

And religion has not been a part of human civilization from the beginning - spirituality has, the acknowledgement that there are things we do not understand, the invention of myth in an attempt to provide some higher authority to live up to - the only difference is that then they would appear to have been able to understand this simple idea instead of killing each other over what their favoured skyfairy is supposed to have said.

1. qwark profile image60

WEll said Poet!
            Sab is on my list of those whom I pay no attention to.
            He has never offered a thought worthy of serious consideration.

Bigotry riding the donkey of semantics.

"Oh no, I only meant the religion that I don't like!"  roll

The only donkey in this is you -
                if you can't understand the simple English meaning of 'a face of religion' don't make yourself look more dull than necessary by trying to rewrite what I said.

It would be much more enjoyable for everyone else on here (who are not another of your 'faces') if you quit trying to stalk my every post with your inane comments.  It is really easy, just don't reply to posts that were never talking to you in the first place.

Oh, what you meant is very clear. Clearer than you'd like I think.

7. LiamAnderson profile image60
      LiamAndersonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi

Not sure that i can do 5, but here's my take.

Pessimistic: There will be no humans. We will have wiped ourselves out.

Somewhere in the middle: The world will be trashed due to economic exploitation: A underclass will remain on the surface in the wreckage, the privileged will have downloaded their 'souls' into computers that may or may not even be situated on Earth. They might be on the moon. I don't expect massive space exploration - once people only need electricity to survive and they can live foreever without having children, there is no need for economic growth, so no need to explore and seek new resources. Difficult to imagine what will happen to individuality - maybe all these souls stored in some chip will merge to become one intelligence. 

Wildly optimistic: People will be travelling the stars - but as software in machines. The only sensible way to do it without all the logistical problems is to download the electronic signal of our brains into computers and fire them off into the wild black yonder.

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think all these options have been explored in science fiction writing or movies?  I do see interesting things could happen with computing and thinking.  The idea of some kind of plug in hardrive that we can access unconciously like memory would appear to be a possibility from where we are now?

Maybe that would solve mankind's problems by making the wisdom of the past available as memory, as though we had thought it up ourselves!

2. Rishy Rich profile image72

Hi Liam, nice proposition u got there. thanks for ur response smile

2. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

gone!!

where? roll

3. lxxy profile image59
    lxxyposted 13 years ago

Great topic! Already there are some great answers.

I subscribe to the Einstein theory that any advanced civilization evolves into pure energy.

But, I've also seen a lot of space and inter-dimensional travel, too, so there's so many different ways it turns out.

There's just too many possibilities--bad and good, that occur. I'm not sure about where your particular space-time is going, though. Too early to tell.

But, I do hope you'll still have cats.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_BRMr2D3unLI/S-wotOy48RI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/h4BiRg30luM/s800/catwalk.gif

Sure, atleast artificial cats will b there smile

4. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 13 years ago

We will all be named Q and live in a continuum. big_smile

not bad, but it sounds kinda boring to me hmm

1. profile image0
        crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only if you don't have starship captains named Picard to play with tongue

I prefer Princess Leia, she would do better tongue

1. Greek One profile image63

Pricess Leia was from a time long ago in a place far, far away....

so she isnt even dust now.

2. profile image0

The Q doesn't exist in the Star Wars universe... which is for the better because Star Wars is just a soap opera space

5. Doc Snow profile image87
    Doc Snowposted 13 years ago

Nowhere.

6. Shil1978 profile image86
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

I can list at least 2 things that might happen by then:

1.  Mankind is wiped out by an asteroid/comet strike, or any other cosmic phenomena.

2.  If that does not happen, mankind would have colonized some other planet by then. Don't see us living on our beautiful Earth for that long!!

Rational although not mutually conclusive

7. profile image0
    crmhaskeposted 13 years ago

We'll be extinct long before 20000 AD ever rolls around.

& why do u think so?

1. profile image0

This forum topic doesn't have a logical answer, but I'll indulge.

No complex species has ever survived that long on Earth, why should we be the exception?

Whose to sat the sun will still be around?

Whose to say one of those asteroid close calls will be more than a close call?

Man doesn't think about centuries or millenia from now, but what will happen tomorrow, next week, next year.  We don't plan far enough ahead to survive that long.

I agree. However no complex species of earth has reached this far before like we did.

&

Sun has passed approximately 4.6 billion years & expected to pass another 5 billion years easily.

&

The asteroid calls could have been the end of dinosaurs but having long range missiles today who knows what instruments mankind could possess 100 years later to attain a higher level of safety

&

Who knows what higher level of ethics & moral we would achieve on the coming days to make this world a better & safer place...

8. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

There are also the possibilities of super volcanos, extreme climate changes...etc. Also, I hear the cyclotrone being developed in France could fracture the space time continuium.

Teri

Hi Teri, it looks like u firmly believe the end game is near smile  Yes there are other possibilities like super volcanos, climate changes etc. & there could b other solutions like switching planets, making artificial earth crust etc.  Possibilities are immense, then why just look at the negative side of the possibilities?

9. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Rishy Rich  said 
    I agree. However no complex species of earth has reached this far before like we did.
    =============================

We really do not know that fore sure.
    I like to think that one of them could have/did.

It would be SSOOoo cool if they did evolve to a higher state of concienciousness before that civilizations clock ran out of time........ Class over, hand in your papers etc.
    (the Ice Age happens)    seasons change 

next school session begins, here we are wondering what happened ???   times gettin short. 
    If we are going to do it?      come on us go.

- So far we only have some conspiracy theories of such mysterious lost civilizations with no evidence to support that.

-  Other than homo-sapiens, only some of the other apes were known to develop skills which could have led them to build higher level of consciousness. However, they were extinct long b4 achieving such state.

- I think we know it for Sure that there were no other species nor humans who made it this far b4 

10. Rishy Rich profile image72
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

It surprises me that most of the hubbers here believe that we all will be Gone long b4 20000 AD. Doesn't It shows how pessimistic we are about our own race? About our own future?

I know 20000 AD sounds a long time & its beyond most peoples imagination power to guess what will happen to us by then. And I would love to think that since most of us lack this creative imagination to think long ahead, we r concluding in a simple answer "We r not going to make it!"

Of course 20000 AD sounds a long long time when compare to our short spanned lives but don't forget how much way we have already crossed to reach this level:

1. I knw many ppl would not find the journey of monkeys convincing so just take a look at humans in a simple way! smile Humans attained this current look & form almost 200000 years ago. Which means by DNA, look & structure we were here even 200000 years ago.

2. The cradle of human civilization can be traced back at least to 10000 BC when we find the signs of agriculture & first forms of human societies.  There goes 12000 years of journey as civilized humans

Then why does 20000 AD sounds so impossible? hmm

11. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

The concept is bigger than the concept of life itself. There are still too many who really do not understand life, never mind, asking them to imagine that far in advance. They would be lucky if they knew what exactly their plans are for tomorrow, much less anything else, such as what they are going to have for dinner, suppose. lol lol

Yeah, it's a sad thing to say, but it is the truth of the matter. wink

Truth hurts! neutral

2. alternate poet profile image67

'they' don't understand life - your pompous supposition is that 'you' do?  big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By the way, poet, it was not a supposition on my part. You can think what you like. If that is your opinion of what I said, then apparently your individual understanding is limited because of your ego, which made you make your comment on my comment.

Hmmm....? Keep working at it. Sooner or later you'll realize what I said is actual truth. hmm

1. profile image0
          china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not my understanding - your own words!

There are still too many who really do not understand life, never mind, asking them to imagine that far in advance. They would be lucky if they knew what exactly their plans are for tomorrow, much less anything else, such as what they are going to have for dinner, suppose. lol lol

Yeah, it's a sad thing to say, but it is the truth of the matter. wink

'still too many who really do not understand life' - 'they would be lucky' - then  'they' don't know what they will have for dinner.

With or without ego it is clear that you think 'you' know and 'they' don't.  and the chance of anyone - let alone you - finding truth is pretty slim big_smile big_smile big_smile

12. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I'm ahead of the game - I already have a Jetson dog! Actually, I have two!

13. Dense profile image62
    Denseposted 13 years ago

Believe it or not - I am from the year 20,001. Have I got bad news for you all. big_smile

1. Dense profile image62
      Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Checkout the location my profile or any of my hubs. wink

14. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

Compost - all human kind will have been returned to the earth by its own greed and self serving smile

1. qwark profile image60

Irish;
      The possibility certainly exists.
      The probability doesn't.

1. Rod Marsden profile image67
        Rod Marsdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am afraid theirishobserver is too close to what will happen qwark. Sure the trend doesn't have to continue but various religions sap the will from people to reverse the situation the world is currently in.

15. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 13 years ago

If you look at evolution now you will see that

1)men and women are becoming balder earlier in life

2) Manners is dying out and being replaced by ignorance

So taking from this I think man kind will be

1) Bald

2) Ignorant

3) Clever

4) Paranoid

5) Deadly and Hostile towards others

This is what I think will happen.

We better get extinct than bcoming such craps hmm

16. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

MORT sad

17. Rod Marsden profile image67
    Rod Marsdenposted 13 years ago

While it is possible to do so life will carry on. We can live on an overcrowded planet with maybe two and then only one square meal a day.

We can live with mostly gray skies and not much sunshine.

We can live without park areas and without trees for a while at least.

We can live in apartment blocks reaching for the sky where you have gangs of youth terrorizing the middle aged and the old because they are bored and have nothing better to do.

We can do all these things and pine away for the days in our youth when it was possible to go fishing and to have the expectancy of actually catching a fish. We can do all these things and pine away for the days when it was possible to go bush walking because there were forest areas. We can do all these things and remember a time when you could leave your home and not be elbow deep in people. We can do all these things and regret the passing of wildlife.

Some brave new world you say? Eat your soylent green biscuit and remember if you can what it was like to bite into an apple.

18. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 13 years ago

It is my personal opinion, that not much will have changed.  I believe that the world has been destroyed and reborn again several thousands times over already.  Leaving no one generation particularly smarter than another.  I see very little change for the future.  If we do not get this global warming thing under control, soon we will find our future is no longer ours.

Sure the world in terms of being able to support life  has been destroyed and reborn many times. The thing is the dominant species after a destruction doesn't seem to make a comeback. The dinosaurs were a hell of a lot more successful and for a lot longer than humanity seems destined to be. They didn't make a comeback. The planet will be reborn in time once we are gone but that is not going to do us much good.

Rod Marsden said:

"The dinosaurs were a hell of a lot more successful ..."

explain pls

If we humans are around for 15 million years we will be doing okay. I doubt this will happen. At least double that figure for the dinosaurs then look to the fact that as far as we know they didn't either create or hasten their own destruction.  Sounds like the dinosaurs did alright and our chances of keeping on keeping on evolving as we go the way they did is slim at best.

2. RKHenry profile image63
        RKHenryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We as a dominant society have made a come back, from some of those destructions.  Or at least I feel we have.

Bro, dinosaurs & humans never co-existed...wat destructions u r talking abt?

1. RKHenry profile image63

The answer to my comment was based on the "dominant race."  They stated basically, that the dominant race is always destroyed ie: the dinosaur.  Therefore, I am stating that I believe that the world has been destroyed several times over killing mankind, for it to only make a come back and survive again.  Thereby, disputing their dinosaur/dominant race theory.

Got it?

2. Rod Marsden profile image67

I never suggested that dinosaurs co-existed with man. Dinosaurs or at least the big thunder lizard like creatures we all think of as dinosaurs were long extinct when man first appeared. All I am saying is that the dinosaurs were on earth for an incredibly long period of time. Humans are not likely to match the length of this period of time in terms of our stay on earth. We are not even likely to meet their score half way.

& wat could be the reason behind that?

Good question Rishy. Not sure there is an answer that truly satisfies. Maybe the fact that they were not smart enough to change their environment.

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with all you have said. smile

An effort right now is being made RKHenry and Earnest and let us hope it continues. Solar power in the USA is very promising, especially in Los Vegas. Tide power in Scotland is also promising. Clean energy for a cleaner future.

No good will truly come until countries like China, India and the US ends coal energy and oil/gas power. Remember what is hurting the environment the most is actually livestock.  However, it is hard to cap that economical field of concern, because livestock provides food for the world.  Therefore, it is up to these countries to eliminate the field of harmful waste, they use that also pollutes the air.  Oil and Coal.

I agree with what you say RKHenry. One possible answer is to develop better ways of supplying energy and make them so cheap that coal and oil/gas use will become redundant. If I am going to have to fork out more money for coal as opposed to, say, Solar or Wind or Tide power then you can imagine I will go for the cheaper alternatives. The same can be said for transportation. A lot of people take the train because when you add up the cost of petrol, maintenance and parking fees the train is more economical than the car. The main argument against the train has been reliability but the trains nowadays aren't too bad on that front.

Not much as you say can be done when it comes to cattle. Another concern is the depleting of our seas and oceans of fish. Treaties involving bag limits for trawlers, etc are needed together with the proper policing of oceans, seas and rivers. People who are caught filching fish in waters that don't belong to their respective country need to do hard time as well as having their boat, trawler etc confiscated.

The issues are overwhelming, from the dead zones in the seas to amphibians now evolving to have two heads, the issues are overwhelming.  Still, it is my belief that something will come of this, if we continue to carry on business as usual.  However, I feel that after the wake of the destruction, mankind well soon evolve into the dominant society soon.  Whereas the dinosaurs, giant lizards, and gigantic mammals never did.  I feel the human race in its short endeavorer has made come backs before.

Thereby leaving the human race little evolved from its current state.  I think there could possibly be a concurrent cycle of this every 2,000 to 5,000 years or so.  There is evidence to this theory found all across the world.  The way the Grand Canyon's banks lay folded on top of one another, as if it had collapse in a great flood is one such evidence.  This is my feelings and theory on life.

19. manlypoetryman profile image83
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

By then...we'll be flying to other galaxies and distant planets through specific wormholes in space....where it is discovered first hand how space can be curved between two points. We will be able to go to the far edge of the galaxy for lunch and back. And just for fun we will buzz over civilazations on other planets that are on the verge of a technical age...at all different times and places across their planet...then send secret agents in to key positions around that planet to help keep our visits a secret...for as long as possible!
    http://www.concoxions.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/mork.jpg

"Na-Nu; Na-Nu!"

Nice predictions (old science fictions)!

But the guy in dis pic, da way he is dressed looks like gay to me. Hope our future generation will be more fashionable smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image83
        manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/abc_tv_weddings_mork_mindy_090505_ssh.jpg

He still looks gay to me

The one in the white dress definately !

lollollol

And so it goes....

20. wingedcentaur profile image64
    wingedcentaurposted 13 years ago

That's almost 18,000 years away. Of course we don't have the means to guess with any hope accuracy. I'm sure our evolution will have continued on the path that I believe it is on now on. For one thing, I believe we will have reabsorbed the capacity of technology, and that we will be able to communicate mentally as we are doing now over the Net. And we will have the data sorting, collating, and gathering capability of the fastest supercomputer.

What I have in mind are the mentat characters in the Dune novels. In that universe "thinking machines" were outlawed and yet the people recognized the need to preserve the capacity of computers. That's where the mentats come in. They are humans sent to special schools to develop these mental skills.

Genetic engineering will undoubtedly play a role. As humans spread out through the galaxy, it may be necessary to have these colonists adapted to live in certain kinds of environments. Genetic engineering will also, no doubt, help humans live longer, and in better shape. In other words, people won't be broken down at two hundred.

I suspect that if we ever meet non-human sentient life it will be through the increasing sophistication of interstellar communications equipment. It may be that we are never able to come into person-to-person contact with extraterrestial. They may be of other environments, and it may be impossible for humans and these beings to be in direct physical contact with each other.

And so on and so forth.

wingedcentaur

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)