Have you ever been to Portugal?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Marketing Sucesso profile image60
    Marketing Sucessoposted 14 years ago

Do you Know Portugal?

Have you ever been to Portugal?

Just to know if anyone knows this beautiful country...

Yeah, I´m portuguese big_smile

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i have never been would love to heard it is a beautiful country

1. frogdropping profile image76
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Time you came then brenda smile

I will show you around - and a very cheap flight from your part of the planet, as well as fairly quick.

2. Helen Cater profile image60
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am taking my family there in October.We will be staying for one week villamoura if that is the corect spelling.I have been to Lisbon twice from the UK.My first visit was 25 years ago and i had a ball.The second visit not so good to see the drug dealers and beggars.

2. Drew Breezzy profile image62
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

nope never been hmm

3. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

Olha olha, outro tuga...

A tentar ganhar uns trocos nas hubpages hein?

Junta-te ao grupo eheh!

Sou do Barreiro, já agora.

Abraço!

4. Pamda Man profile image59
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

I've been to Macau. Cuisine's great. Love the chicken.

5. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Many years ago I had the pleasure of visiting Portugal.  It was May 1987.  I went to visit Navy cousins in Rota Spain for 3 weeks.  We went to Algave for a long weekend.  We enjoyed the ferry, the beach, the food and the shopping.  I bought very inexpensive mugs and pottery pieces.  I have great photos of small colorful boats in the harbor.

6. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

Se não fosse o thread do Sucesso, nem imaginava.
    Um Abração

7. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Hey marketing ... I live in Lisbon. Does that count?

Sempre Portugal! ... Abraço smile

1. profile image50
      sweettravelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hello, frogdropping!
      You say, that you live in Lisbon!!! that is great!!! I would like to ask you for some help...
      My friends are planning to come to Portugal and someone have recommended for them to rent an apartment through www.lisbonoasis.com
      Can you tell me if it is a good option? maybe you stayed there?
      Thank you.

8. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Portugal is on my list for sure as I have this thing, been going to all the old Portuguese colonies, now just have to do Portugal!

9. frogdropping profile image76

Come Cindy lol! You can speak portuguese can't you? I have a couch you can surf on big_smile

10. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I've been in Portugal many times. Lots of friends there. Know Lisbon, Sintra, Cais Cais, Obidos, Bataglia, Algarve, Setubal, Fatima.....

11. frogdropping profile image76

Tantum ... you eaten them darn snails yet? Not my favourite. However, I'm partial to the coffee, cakes, chicken, weather, Cascais and Obidos smile

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No not snails 4 me ! LOL. I like cuentro in all my meals, leite de creme, my favourite dessert. Duck with rice, in every house. Fried pumpkin seeds. And Cafe' Paulista' a must in lisbon. And what about Quinta da Regaleira? I made a hub about it big_smile

1. frogdropping profile image76
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I shall go and read smile

And of course Bairro Alto ... not to be missed.

And wonderful earnest! I bet the OP would be happy to see so many positive responses to his question smile

12. frogdropping profile image76

Helen ... noooooooo lol, don't say it like that! It sounds like Lisbons got them crawling round every corner! Nothing like it.

Beggars and dealers are prevalent all over the world. That sorta kinda almost sounds like Lisbon has a more than usual number. It doesn't smile

1. Helen Cater profile image60
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha no it wasn't meant to sound like that it is a wonderful place it's just the way most capitals are now i'm afraid, but on saying that i still had a great time. like home for me.

13. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

Not yet...but it is definitely near the top of my list of places to go . smile

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I'm going to Google map it. I have seen glimpses of your beautiful country in movies, documentaries which created a desire to see it first hand. I will take my youngest son with me when I do.

15. mcbean profile image66
    mcbeanposted 14 years ago

I wandered around aimlessly for 3 weeks back in 2002.
    Friendly people.
    The locals took us under their wing at the May day celebration - barely spoke a word of Portugese but had an amazing time.
    I give it two thumbs up, suits my disorganized style of travel and the simple things in life are important there.....good food, a drop (or two) of wine and friends to talk with.

I could go back at the drop of a hat.

16. Elena. profile image83
    Elena.posted 14 years ago

I'm taking off to Porto in a few hours, shall be there tonight!  YAY!

17. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

Don't forget about cod fish.
    It's men's best friend.
    May abuse with no harm.

18. GeoHoliday2009 profile image59
    GeoHoliday2009posted 14 years ago

Officially the Portuguese Republic, Located in southwestern Europe. The country shares its borders with Spain and the Atlantic Ocean. Portugal played a major part in world history, especially during the 15th century. It was one of the countries that had discovered much of the New World, which include the different countries in Asia, as well as Africa and South America.
    The country of Portugal has also become a popular tourist destination for those who are looking for something more on the adventurous side.
    Never been to Portugal but the possibility is open, hoping someday.

19. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Definitely on my list.  Any friends and colleagues who have gone have liked Portugal a lot.

20. ScarletRyan1970 profile image60
    ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years ago

My goodness, i was just in Portugal Summer gone.

I arrived in Lisbon and i got such a shock!

I thought i had arrived in Havana - Cuba.

No thanks. Did'nt like Lisbon at all.

They were Rude and very unfriendly.

The small villages were very beautiful and the people

were very relaxed and friendly.

Scarlet.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)