another czar...bureaucracy at its best...

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 13 years ago

"In a 'fireside chat' to quell concerns about the Gulf oil disaster, the president announced the appointment of an oil czar. Is more bureaucracy the answer to every problem? ... The president on Tuesday evening proved himself tone-deaf to this popular disenchantment, manifested in his sinking public approval ratings. He double-downed on his status as the federal government's expander in chief by announcing the establishment of an oil czar who will join the nearly 30 other czars running various sectors of the American Leviathan absent public accountability. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs described the newest czar as being 'in charge of a recovery plan, putting a recovery plan together ... when we get past the cleanup and response phase of this disaster.' It kind of begs the question: Why not a cleanup czar in the meantime? First things first. This is quintessential Rahm Think. Before the president was inaugurated, incoming White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, cutthroat even by the Chicago machine standards that spawned him, infamously declared that you should 'never let a serious crisis go to waste.' The Democrats in power used a financial crisis -- of their own making, being the culmination of years of politicized housing policy -- to fulfill every taxpayer-funded fantasy on their wish list. Now the president is using the BP oil gusher crisis to justify yet another new taxpayer-funded agency. ... [M]illions of Americans would like to hear a reporter ask this president, 'Can you solve anything without asking for more government?'" --Investor's Business Daily

1. KFlippin profile image60
      KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What an awesome article, very well articulated, and wingdings on the cusp of questioning their blind allegiance will see the truth in this article.  One day of twice saying 'God Bless America', and actually referring to prayer, is not nearly enough to bring Obama back in the postive polls of Americana.  Add yet another unnecessary and costly Czar and staff to the mix, and down down and down the Dingy Dems go.

"The Democrats in power used a financial crisis -- of their own making, being the culmination of years of politicized housing policy -- to fulfill every taxpayer-funded fantasy on their wish list."

2. TinaMarieTad profile image66
    TinaMarieTadposted 13 years ago

I am not surpised. Obama sneaks everything in or rams it through. Larger Government = Less Freedoms and more infringement.Czars are appointed and are well liked by this President because it requires no confirmation hearings and vetting is not done. He can't get the peeps he picks for positions confirmed through Congress. I for one, cannot wait to vote them all out in 2012..it can't come soon enough for America!

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
      SparklingJewelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...let's not forget about the elections this year...I like the US Constitutional focus on getting in true patriots and ousting the establishment cronies. Time for a real change! smile

3. Doug Hughes profile image59
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

The sound of wingnuts in their anti-Obama mode is like fingernails on a blackboard.

There's over a dozen agencies trying to save the wetlands in LA and assist the citizens whose source of income has been fouled, whether it's fishemramn or tourism.

Putting someone in charge of coordinating the efforts of different agencies sounds like a good idea. We seem to have a good man in charge at the Gulf, but we need someoene who can expedite in DC. Much as I like him personally, Jimmy Carter screwed up by trying to micro-manage - and he took his eye off the big picture the POTUS has to maintain at all times.

So what you are mocking was a prudent executive decision - but your anti-Obama blinders keep you from seeing that.

4. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

"true patriots"

such as who?

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

The politicians in office refuse to learn fiscal monetary policy. They(all politicians in office) have over-stepped the boundary line they should have never crossed in the first place.

The single biggest blunder in history is letting the government get involved in Wall Street. The rich got richer and the poor(and some middle class) got poorer.

All of them need to go. Ousted right from office for failing to do their job. Everyone in the regulatory agencies, receive all new department heads. Every other government agency is to reduce it's budget by 50%. If need be, dissolve some non-essential agencies. There are thousands upon thousands of agencies within.

Government needs to get out of the people's life.
    Business needs to stop trying to dictate what infringes on others.

That's all I have to say on the matter. Have at it if you choose.

Speak up!  Let us here your cries!
      Share with America your fears for our demise.
      No berms can we build, no oil can we burn,
      We are now captive to an ideology
      That cares naught for anything but apology.

Apology couched in reparations,
      And Czarist pedestal set in place,
      To take full advantage of this disaster
      To push agendas like Cap and Trade.

1. Doug Hughes profile image59
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you livein a state where medical marijuana is legal? If so are you guying the cheap weed?

You are just so funny....NOT roll

I thought it was rather catchy smile, but then I don't think we need another Czar to add to the existing disfunctional regulatory bodies, that action is a bit of a farce, IMO.

6. alternate poet profile image66
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Of course in his 'fireside chat' he could have said that he was not appointing anyone to do anything, then we could just change all the words in the report the other way around.

And the idea that politicians have not learned fiscal policy is childish in the extreme - they learned a long time ago how to milk the country in competition with the big companies.

7. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

There are so damn many czar's, I think they need a czar to oversee the czar's! smile
    A czar czar!

1. alternate poet profile image66
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you could shorten it to Gabor !!  big_smile

8. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Likely as not I am probably on the slow side of things with this but I was wondering am I the only one that has an issue with there being any Czar in our democratic government?

smile No, you are not the only one.

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was just wondering. I do not typically get involved in the political issues but that just seems really scary to me that he can appoint a supreme ruler any time he wants with little or no regulation.

There is presidence for appointing 'Czars' for unusual positions or issues that arise, but never in history has there been such a rampant and abusive and wasteful use of so-called Czars as we've seen in the Obama Administration -- it is quite odd.

1. lovemychris profile image75
            lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bush had plenty of em. Don't you rememebr that fugly old wrinlke puss from Tennessee? Education Czar.
            Bill Bennett, morality Czar.
            War on drug Czar,
            9/11 planning Czar(Cheney)

Were some of you asleep back then?
            Or did it just go unnoticed because you didn't have Beckles the Clown as your spin-meister?

Oh yes, we already know the drill.
            You real, we fake.
            You do it, it ok, Obama do it, it tantamount to impeachment.

And you miss the biggest crime of the century!

True patriots...they're the ones who want these "wars" to end!
            They're the ones who want to end support for rogue nations!

Where are they? Kucinich and Grayson...far as I can see.

Oh, now that's funny, comparing Bush's 'Czars' and their number and more importantly their Purpose -- to the current administration, yeah, leaves you laughing...... and very much wide awake.

9. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 13 years ago

...bureaucracy did not start this administration, and I never said it did...they are just the one still doing it and so the finger points...what needs to change is what needs to change, the establishment of bureaucracy.

10. TinaMarieTad profile image66
    TinaMarieTadposted 13 years ago

I believe the first Czar was with President Reagan. It was the Drug Czar. Each President since has had Czars appointed to do different things, however, President Obama has without a doubt appointed the most Czars of any administration so far and his term is not even halfway over. I don't mind the Czars so much, but think that they should be vetted and confirmed before Congress just like other appointed positions are..

Wars will end and wars will begin..Waring has never stopped. It is a part of civilization.

I suppose you are heartless to other country's tierany and suffering and would rather just ignore social injustice and other horrible acts against humanity than fight for people's freedoms?

As far as rogue nations?...America is getting the reputation as a rogue nation thanks to Obama and his apologizing for everything that there is no need to apologize for! He is running this country into the ground bigtime!

I plan to vote them ALL out come 2012, and so does everyone else that I know..Just look at his approval ratings...going down!

1. TinaMarieTad profile image66
      TinaMarieTadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is in response to "love my Chris"... Sorry, hit the wrong button..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)