how i increase my traffic on hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (22 posts)
  1. kellydove profile image59
    kellydoveposted 13 years ago

please tell me how i increasemy traffic

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello Kelly,

I would recommend deleting the other link, multiple links can create havoc on HP someone will read your link if you just give it time.
      Increasing traffic is simple, backlink your hubs, comment on other hubbers work and thoroughly read what they write. Follow other hubbers and get involved with the community. Write quality hubs and do not overstuff your keywords, when you write let the keywords flow naturally. Enjoy hubpages and welcome! smile

2. bgamall profile image69
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kelly, I wrote a hub entitled Submit Pligg. It may help.  Social bookmarking, not necessarily social networking, can be good for hubs.

3. bgamall profile image69
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Also here is a sunseven site that is great: http://hubpages.com/hub/How_To_Increase … _Your_Site

She has millions of visitors.

4. Neil Ashworth profile image42
      Neil Ashworthposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kelly,

Start by choosing one niche to write about; others may tell you to pick lots of diffent topics but this is what I do and it works;

1. Choose one topic
      2. Write 10 articles on the subject
      3. Select your main article and write around 1,500 words on it (this is your main article for Google traffic so make it good)
      4. Next write 3 more articles related to this article around 1,000 words long
      5. Next write 2 article related to each of those 3 articles (6 in total)around 700 words each.
      6. Now - use the following "internal linking structure" - (this will help your articles to retain any link juice and send traffic from one article to another on related subject matter)

Link article 1 to the three 1,000 word articles (using the term those articles are written about) - so, if article one is about "dogs" and articles 2,3 and 4 are about "hunting dogs" "toy dogs" and "working dogs" say something like read more about "working dogs" and link the term working dogs by hyperlink.

Link articles 2,3 and 4 to two articles each below them in the same way.

Finally link your 700 word articles back to the "dogs" article using the term "dogs" as your hyperlink.

Once you have set up an internal linking structure in this way, start backlinking from sites in the topic niche to your main article "dogs" - this will help to keep the work focused and provides authority in Googles eyes for this article.

After that - rinse and repeat - move through topics in groups of 10 and you will see your content ranking well over time.

Hop this gives you a good start and welcome to HP!

1. 5institutes profile image68
        5institutesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is a lot of work...if you're going to go this all-out, you might as well use all that content on a self hosted site and make more money that way.

BUT

I still love the idea!  It just gets a bit intimidating to do things that way if you have more than one property to backlink. Nonetheless, it would work, I could see that...

I just wish you had a diagram with this comment! 

((Walking away, still in awe))

5. profile image0
      seo in a nutshellposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hi kelly

it all starts with the right keywords...find the right keywords and the traffic will come. i just wrote a hub on it and you are welcome to check it out if you like.

ken

2. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

Kelly,

If you can find a great hub from a very successful hubber in this community, and you are just bursting to make a helpful comment on the article, do so.  It will probably increase your traffic.  It's worked for me in the past.  Even people who come here from the search engines are interested in reading the comments section.

I realize that you're fairly new, and you might not know all of the successful hubbers, but you're going to find out over time.

Good luck.

3. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

The first step in increasing your traffic is learning how to use the shift key, space bar, and punctuation.

Then searching on Search Engine Optimization will help you more than any forum post.

1. jdaviswrites profile image72
      jdaviswritesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well said.

4. ailang profile image59
    ailangposted 13 years ago

hubpages have done 50%  of 100% task that you should do. Just do backlink and backlink and backlink for your hub. It doesn't matter if a site has nofollow or dofollow. Because it will consider as your backlink.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image68
      Peter Hogganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A nofollow does not qualify as a back link from an SEO point of view but can send traffic.

1. ailang profile image59
        ailangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yup..coz yahoo still consider as backlink even nofollow

5. jdaviswrites profile image72
    jdaviswritesposted 13 years ago

Don't listen to anyone's advice in the forums. Stay away from reading hubs by some of the best hubbers here, and don't learn from them. When writing a hub, keep it under 500 words and make sure you don't include things like photos, links, and/or videos. Most importantly, write about things that you don't care about, and don't put any great amounts of thought into it. Follow this advice and you'll be the furthest away from fine.

wait...hold on...OH!  Sarcasm!  Or was that irony? 

Either way, well put!  Very creative way of putting the point.  Er...I mean:

That was not helpful at all... smile

6. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Try posting your link on various forums.

7. WordPlay profile image85
    WordPlayposted 13 years ago

Here are some pages that have a lot of suggestions for getting traffic:

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/4-4- … -off-site/

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/4-3- … eractions/

Reading any of the Learning Center articles can only help you.

Best of luck!

8. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

That, Neil Ashworth, sounds impressive!

9. CYBERSUPE profile image62
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

I am also new at HubPages and from all that I read, it seems that driving traffic to your hubs is like any thing else you do, takes hard work.  No magic bullets. I certainly appreciate all the help other Hubbers are willing to give, to help each other.  Thank You so much Neil Ashworth for taking the time to explain your success. I am sure that I am not the only new Hubber that appreciates your efforts.

1. Neil Ashworth profile image42

You are very welcome.

I already commented above, but this time I'm just giving you a virtual high five.  I'm still drawing the diagram in my head....I'm slow, what can I say?

Neil, hat's off to you.  That was a cool idea.  A self-contained linkwheel.  A massive 3-way-linked snowball.

1. Neil Ashworth profile image42

My youngest daughter bought a chocolate fountain a couple of years back with her birthday money - you pour chocolate into the top where it falls down over three or four layers until it reaches a bowl at the bottom - from there, it travels up a spiral elevator back to the top to pour down again...

So you don't lose a drop of chocolate in the process (unless my wife gets hold of it and then it's gone!)

What you're trying to do with this process is something similar; retaining as much link juice as possible and avoiding any spills along the way. Not easy, and it sometimes means having to delete a few comments from well meaning folk who leave a link in the signature (or are they spamming?) but it works.

The reason I suggest doing this here instead of your own site is because Google favours HP and this means you can rank for some very competitive keywords with this method.

You can also do this with your own site of course and should construct an internal structure something similar on your own blog - using the pages as your structure to give your site a little architecture, but HP is where we're at so that's why I suggest you do it here as well.

Does that help?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)