Contrasts Between Christ and the Anti-christ

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. DeaneMc profile image60
    DeaneMcposted 15 years ago

From the Book, The Antichrist, by Arthur W. Pink

Although we do not agree with all of the author's conclusions, we have found his thoughts to be worth consideration.

Contrasts between Christ and the Antichrist.

I. In their respective Designations.

One is called the Christ (Matthew 16:16); the other the Antichrist (1 John 4:3).

One is called the Man of Sorrows (Isa. 53:3); the other the Man of Sin (2 Thess. 2:3).

One is called the Son of God (John 1:34); the other the Son of Perdition (2 Thess. 2:3).

One is called the Seed of woman (Gen. 3:15); the other the seed of the Serpent (Gen. 3:15).

One is called the Lamb (Isa. 53:7); the other the Beast (Rev. 11:7).

One is called the Holy One (Mark 1:24); the other the Wicked One (2 Thess. 2:8).

One is called the Truth (John 14:6); the other the Lie (John 8:44).

One is called the Prince of Peace (Isa. 9:6); the other the wicked, profane Prince (Ezek. 21:25).

One is called the glorious Branch (Isa. 4:2); the other the abominable Branch (Isa. 14:19).

One is called the Mighty Angel (Rev. 10:1); the other is called the Angel of the Bottomless Pit (Rev. 9:11).

One is called the Good Shepherd (John 10:11); the other is called the Idol Shepherd (Zech. 11:17).

One has for the number of His name (the gematria of "Jesus") 888; the other has for the number of his

name 666 (Rev. 13:18).

II. In their respective Careers.

Christ came down from heaven (John 3:13); Antichrist comes up out of the bottomless pit (Rev. 11:7).

Christ came in Another’s Name (John 5:43); Antichrist will come in his own name (John 5:43).

Christ came to do the Father’s will (John 6:38); Antichrist will do his own will (Dan. 11:36).

Christ was energized by the Holy Spirit (Luke 4:14); Antichrist will be energized by Satan (Rev. 13:4).

Christ submitted Himself to God (John 5:30); Antichrist defies God (2 Thess. 2:4).

Christ humbled Himself (Phil. 2:8); Antichrist exalts himself (Dan. 11:37).

Christ honored the God of His fathers (Luke 4:16); Antichrist refuses to (Dan. 11:37).

Christ cleansed the temple (John 2:14,16); the Antichrist defiles the temple (Matthew 24:15).

Christ ministered to the needy (Isa. 53:7); Antichrist robs the poor (Ps. 10:8,9).

Christ was rejected of men (Isa. 53:7); Antichrist will be accepted by men (Rev. 13:4).

Christ leadeth the flock (John 10:3); Antichrist leaveth the flock (Zech. 11:17).

Christ was slain for the people (John 11:51); Antichrist slays the people (Isa. 14:20).

Christ glorified God on earth (John 17:4), Antichrist blasphemes the name of God in heaven (Rev. 13:6).

Christ was received up into heaven (Luke 24:51); Antichrist goes down into the Lake of Fire (Rev. 19:20

2. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Yeah the anti-christ will mock God by sitting in the temple as if he were God. (2 Thessalonians 2:1 -5)

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I almost totally forgot Mike,

I was reading in the other thread about the building of the 3rd temple, however the conversation went. 

My question is, didn't God say not to build another temple?  I think I recal God saying that after the temple was torn down,not to rebuild.

So about that Holy Rock over there in (Israel??? or is it Jeruselem???) weren't they "not" supposed to have even built the synogog (or is it Mosque) there to begin with?

3. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Well in Matthew 26:61 Jesus tells the scribes and Pharisees that He is able to destroy the temple and rebuild it after three days.  Obviously Jesus was speaking metaphorically about His resurrection after three days.  When the earth quake that happened when Jesus died on the cross "the veil of the temple was rent in two from the top even to the bottom, and the earth quaked, and the rocks were rent" (Matthew 27:51).  And by the time of the revolt against the Romans every last stone was removed from the temple by 70 AD.  The Book Of Tobias is an apocrypha book but in Tobias 13:12 it says,

To me that clearly relates to what you mentioned in the other thread that the separation of the lost sheep was from God, not the land.

Anyway the anti-christ will sit in the temple for 42 months before he is overthrown.  If you do a search with this Bible for 'two and forty months' or 'a thousand two hundred sixty days' or 'three years and six months' you'll find that time period, 42 months is mentioned quite a few times through the Bible.  Both Luke and James refer back to the time of Elijah (Elias) for a 42 month period and we know Elias will be one of the two witnesses that will come in the end days (Revelations 11:3).  The Book of Daniel 12:11 refers to the time period as being 'a thousand two hundred ninety days' or 43 months.  Some where in the Bible Jesus says for the elect He will shorten the time period.

I'm not quite sure right now.  Maybe someone else will be able to say whether God said not to build another temple.

Mike

1. profile image0

I was reaching as far back to the OT, when God became irritated with the sacrifices being made and commanded His people to not make anymore sacrifices.  Also, (I can't rememeber where I read it, but I am sure you can help me with that)  -another reason why I found what you were you guys were talking about on the other thread alarming; about the people already starting their animal sacrifice rituals.  -anyways, God specifically said (if I recall right) that when the tabernacle or temple was destroyed, that they not rebuild it. 

I do consider other things in the NT but all in all I would think that God made a specific request when He commanded, Do not rebuild. 

Let me see if I can do a quick search for what I am looking for.

1. Make  Money profile image66
        Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sandra, I don't remember seeing in the Bible where God specifically said not to rebuild the temple, but if you find it I'd be interested.  Yeah there's no blood sacrifice needed anymore like they plan on doing if they get the third temple built because Jesus was the Sacrificial Lamb.

4. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

P.S, thanks for being civil.  smile

5. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

hahah, I was just doing a google search and I clicked on one of my own hubs. how funny.  can't believe I made it to the first page. lol.

1. Eng.M profile image65
      Eng.Mposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I can

6. Eng.M profile image65
    Eng.Mposted 15 years ago

Did or would the antichist have one eye?
    is there any passage in the bibel describes him as a one-eyed man?

please .

1. profile image0

is this a riddle? yes, even if he had two.  smile

1. Eng.M profile image65
        Eng.Mposted 15 years agoin reply to this

is anything mentioned that he could see only with one eye but has two ?

1. profile image0

i don't know, I think he has like ten or something according to the beast in revelations.

2. mohitmisra profile image59
          mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That would be relating to the inner eye or third eye-when thy eye be single smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)