Is Obama the anti-christ?

Jump to Last Post 1-48 of 48 discussions (159 posts)
  1. cagedncrazy profile image59
    cagedncrazyposted 14 years ago

According to the bible, after the one world government(which is being formed right now) is formed, the anti-Christ will show his head. Everything the bible has said has been coming true, now we wait for a few diseases to unleash on us, and the anti-Christ rear his head.

Who is the anti-Christ? I don't know, but i know he is going to be a charismatic man, who one day dies, and comes back to life with a scar. He will demand people to renounce Jesus Christ as their lord and savior, and promise that his way is the only way. He will try to make people take the mark of the beast, which really is a sign of indifference. So many people show indifference towards moral issues like abortion, gay marriage, and many others. They are the people that say "oh i don't care what other people do as long as they're happy".

Abortion is evil. The moment of conception is the moment where a baby is starting to develop. Homosexuality is unnatural. People who are homosexual have hormone deficiencies and/or psychological problems. You must stand up against that which is against gods intentions. That isn't to mean by violent means, but by understanding means, and a little research into how we can reduce that which can be unnecessary.

When you take the mark of the beast, you give your opinion away. You opinion belongs to the devil, and you forever lose your soul to him. All he offers is material riches, and empty happiness. There will be a great time when everyone will be told to renounce Jesus Christ or die.

Have strength, and say quite clearly "Jesus Christ is my lord and savior!" Then take that bullet to the brain, or breathe in those gases and let Jesus save you from harm. Never accept the mark of the beast, the mark in which allows man to buy and sell.

The anti-Christ could be anyone, anywhere. He will most likely hold a political position, as everyone in the world will be asked to take the mark of the beast and renounce Jesus Christ. He will be very deceiving, and call himself the way, and threaten men with death of dissent. The real Jesus Christ will not boast materialism, will not enforce violence, and certainty wouldn't make you renounce him, or take a mark. Pretty clear and cut what not to do.

So we may not know who the anti-Christ is yet. But we know what he calls himself, what he will ask of you, what he will do, and when he will arise. According to revelations, he is on his way.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no. he's just a guy. if he were "the AntiChrist", he would be all powerful, and fire would shoot from his fingers and stuff.

1. hinckles koma profile image61
        hinckles komaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol true

2. Army Infantry Mom profile image61
        Army Infantry Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like your answer, fire would shoot from his fingers and stuff, LOL. It reminds me on Dane Cook with his spaggetti noodles shoting from his fingers.LOL Well anyways, thumbs up on your reply !!!

3. Shil1978 profile image87
        Shil1978posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't agree more!!

1. profile image58
          james hoyerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a question that does not even deserve an answer.

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more! But you're asking for the circus to pay you a visit!

3. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no such thing as an Anti-Christ.  That was all made up.

4. mandybeau1 profile image61
      mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Based on the tellings of Nostradamus, Napolean was the first Anti Christ, then the Fuhrer, the next anti Christ waas to follow, he was living in Jerusalem, it seems in 2000 he was 17 this was based on Nostradamus readings, and the correction, which ironically was re looked at after he got the British family and the Lady Di thing so accurately predicted, The man living in Jerusalem, was said to wear a Blue Turban, and seemed to be more Muslim than Jewish. Obama is quite abit older and the wrong ethnicity, albeit his middle name is Hussein, and he looks younger.
      Nostradamus, was a French seer and was thought to have Quantum vision, which is like televised matter, as I understand it he was able to see images that were about to happen. Although some say he saw images that had already happened confused.
      read the Book about him it is fascinating, the language used is translated, and is weird. But it is uncanny How much prediction has come to fruition.
      Ironically he did not predict much after I think it was 2300. I am betting it is not Obama that is the third anti Christ if there is one, but someone more from the East.

5. santosardee profile image60
      santosardeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why he would be? I think President Obama is not anti-christ, he's just the same as we are. I think people who think he is an anti-christ are the ones who hate him for what he is doing for the country. I must say, why dont we just support him. Maybe he can do more good if we just all support him.

cagedncrazyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First of all, do you like your constitutional rights like the right to a fair trial by your peers, or freedom of speech? Would you like getting arrested because you openly showed dissent, or called him a liar? Would you like being sent straight to jail without saying you case first?

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Why dont you make this into a Hub.

But in answer to your Post-NO he is not the Anti-Christ, ya havent been in the Politcal forum lately have you lol

Elaborate please.

3. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

If he isn't, the real anti-Christ will be pissed as hell at me for betting all my chips on the wrong one.  I was hoping to get in good after the Apocalypse.

4. hinckles koma profile image61
    hinckles komaposted 14 years ago

Obama is the same as the rest of the chosen presidents. He has the same role in the scheme of things. But hell make way for our next presedentris a woman. love all 1

5. rhamson profile image70
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

You kind of lost me at "According to the bible". As with a lot of believers in this forum you start your case off with this statement without acknowledging that not all people that believe in God believe the bible to be the authority to proove a statement.

Qualify your basis first and then be open for the information to follow.

Did you know that the Quran states that Christ will lead in the end?

Just to further enhance some truth into this question, the anti-Christ is supposed to have journeyed to Egypt when he was young(Obama journeyed to Egypt when he was young). Oh and most of his campaign money came from Jerusalem. Dawn the scary music and lightning bolts. Oh and to reply to the thought that the anti-Christ shoots fire from his hands, it says in the bible that he will be like every other man. But of course i cant assume that ANYONE believes in the bible.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bible in hand and a knowledge of scripture and you can indict anyone.
        the bible has enough hate to go round. smile

It is not the bible that incites hate, it is the psychology behind conspiracy which interests people. Which is exactly what i am invoking. As i said in my post, I don't know who the anti-Christ is.

You don't think the bible incites hate?

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.   (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Okay now give me scripture in the NEW TESTAMENT. Jesus came to earth so people wouldn't believe in the hypocrisy of the old testament. He called out to those who still held the old testament(jew) "hypocrites!"

1. areyouserious profile image58
                areyouseriousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you calling JEWS hypocrites

Yes i am.

you know that in the Bible it does state to love thy neighbor, sounds like you have a lot of hate in you

2. Jerami profile image58
                Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't say that Jesus came down to the earth for that reason. He did however call the Pharisee hypocrites and a den of vipers and said that the blood of all the prophets which had been murdered would come down on their heads. I think seven times he said WOE unto you you hypocrits etc.
                  Read Matthew 23 and 24 together because in fact both chapters was ONE conversation which began in the synagogue and continued to the mount of Olives

3. earnestshub profile image80

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:26

This does not mean literally. Mistranslation and use of out of text. Luke 14:25-35 Jesus explains that if you were to follow Jesus as a disciple(meaning walk with Jesus during that time, ie his 12 disciples)you had to have complete devotion, and this would require complete and utter compliance with their whole lives. The reason why the disciples he had were with him, is because they made the conscious decision to against the teachings of your family, and they gave their lives in compliance to Jesus' new teaching they knew to be that of god.

Funny thing that, every time the bible says something that is apparently clear, it applies to someone else.
                    That is not the only point. The point is that your invisible entity has the mind of an idiot who is psychologically naive and insecure. smile Try leading with these tactics today and you will only attract the weak of mind and those who choose ignorance out of fear. smile

6. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I think the Antichrist will come from the group of people obsessed with finding the Antichrist. Seriously. If I was the Antichrist, that's how I'd come. With a sense of dark humor.

BTW I'm not the Antichrist either despite what Misha says. smile

dark humor, now were talking.  What about the pope hes not Antichrist?

2. profile image0

Will you shave your head for grins?

3. kartika damon profile image68
      kartika damonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pgrundy, are these people for real? The anti-Christ! - Jesus, that's crazy!

7. Tom Cornett profile image78
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

The Antichrist will more than likely be a copy of Christ. He has to be loved by religion. He is Christ like on the outside and evil on the inside...much like many intolerant extremists today.  Much like Hitler...he will be loved in the beginning and hated in the end.

Very true.

8. Don W profile image81
    Don Wposted 14 years ago

Isn't it John Lydon from the Sex Pistols? He's definately calimed the title:

I am an antichrist
    I am an anarchist
    Dont know what I want but
    I know how to get it
    I wanna destroy the passer by
    'cos I wanna be, anarchy

9. Sara Tonyn profile image60
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

The AntiChrist will be wearing a scarlet A on her chest.

Wait. Wrong piece of fiction.

1. Gypsy Willow profile image64
      Gypsy Willowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good comment!

10. Sanctus Vesania profile image59
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

Seriously doubt it.  If Obama were the anti-Christ then he would've gotten the wars in the middle east to stop, and possibly have fixed the world economy suddenly.

Obama hasn't done that.

1. Gypsy Willow profile image64
      Gypsy Willowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not likely to, either!

11. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

The Anti-Christ will be someone that is beloved by all except those that know who he is, he will also be a peacemaker and unite nations. Obama already has so many against him, and weary of him that it would be impossible for him to be a world leader. The Anti-Christ would probably be the one least expected and seem the most fair and loved. Besides that the point that so many say he is just illustrates how ridiculous that notion is. The bible says that we will not know and whatever we think we do, God will prove wrong, so I would say that whoever this being is when he comes, none of us will know or suspect.Finally, why are so many people even concerned? If you are truly a believer then why do you worry you won't be around to see it, and if you aren't then you will be given a chance to except God and be delivered anyway, that is if you believe in the whole thing at all. If you don't believe then its really a pointless debate that doesn't concern you.

How about we all concentrate a little more on this life and living it fully and good, instead of wasting it in a debate about what may or may not happen someday or even in your lifetime?

12. bill yon profile image71
    bill yonposted 14 years ago

If you read the bible it will tell you that the anti-christ will come from the new rome which is the european union.the anti-christ will come at a time of world-wide peace and prosperity.president Obama is NoT the anti-christ,the anti-christ is not coming out of america.the anti-christ will emerge from the european union,and Jesus will Emerge from the middle east.(Isreal)

13. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Sigh.  All this talk about an 'anti-christ' comes from a literal interpretation of the Bible and fear mongering stupidity.  It's so boring!  Revelations is one of the least understood books in the bible.  However, legitimate biblical scholars believe most of it was written regarding a period in Roman history.

For fun and giggles:

http://www.esquilax.com/baywatch/index.shtml

1. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Indeed.  Scholars don’t generally endorse any big prophesies and apocalyptic predictions.  Instead, it is believed that the writers were merely speaking in code to a particular group of people, not wanting everyone else to understand.  There are examples where we know the people on both sides, and basically what the code was hiding.  There are other examples where the code has been lost.  But no apocalypse.  Or are Lutheran theologians and professors of religious philosophy antichrist? 

Makes great entertainment though.  Anyone remember The Omen?

2. broussardleslie profile image75
      broussardleslieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lita:

One of the reasons it is so misunderstood is because people continue to call it "Revelations."  It is not a plural noun. John of Patmos/St. John/John the Apostle had one Revelation - the ultimate glory of Christ when every knee shall bow.

Just an FYI smile

14. Don W profile image81
    Don Wposted 14 years ago

If christ and anti-christ bumped into each other would they both be annihilated, like matter and anti-matter?

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah.  Didn't you see that Star Trek episode?  They just meet each other and have to return to their separate universes. 

ANYWAY!  The Bible was written before the idea of matter and anti-matter, so it cannot be relevant to this discussion!  wink

15. yes2truth profile image60
    yes2truthposted 14 years ago

Is Obama the anti-christ?

No, but he is an antichrist, for there are many antichrists:

1 John 2:18-19 (KJV) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Obama played at being a Christian for a while no doubt whilst it suited him.

What Obama is in truth is a Canaanite from Keyna properly pronounced Cainya. This means he is a dog Biblically speaking and a son of the Devil.

1. yes2truth profile image60
      yes2truthposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As a PS The Bushes and The Blairs are all antichrists.

1. bill yon profile image71
        bill yonposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. Pr0metheus profile image57
      Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WOW.  I never call racist... but, Racist much?  He's a dog?  Really?   Wow.

Anyways, I think fear mongering evangelists who claim anyone who goes against their own personal beliefs is the Antichrist are all Antichrists...

Racism is a phoney construct of the ADL a Canaanite Jew (non Jew) mouthpiece for the non Jew Zionist Jews. There is only one real victim of racism - White Anglo-Saxon Brits and Yanks no one else.

Do not be deceived by their evil propaganda.

1. Pr0metheus profile image57

I'm completely disgusted by what I just read.

Honestly, those are the kind of things an Antichrist (if they actually existed) would say...

That just proves the level to which you have been brainwashed by their media propaganda. I must commend them for they have done an excellent job on you. You really should start studying the Holy Scriptures instead of watching TV/Films or whatever.

Who's the brainwashed one here?

I'm 'brainwashed' with The Truth you are brainwashed with lies. Don't forget to get your swine flu jab!!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol, now I've heard it all...

2. profile image0

How old are you? Do you shave? It's ok it took me a while to need to shave.

Is that the best insult you can come up with?

Really?

1. profile image0

I'm serious! You're really cute!

2. earnestshub profile image80

Sneaker thinks being young is another disqualification from thinking,, or being old, or being .... ! lol

1. profile image0

Now Earnest! I just think hes funny in a cute sort of way. Well if you're going to flash your liberal credentials at everything someone says without offering proof the only thing you'll get is what you've given, nonsense.

that was funny smile

2. Pr0metheus profile image57

Creepy....

1. profile image0

Hey Man! Look I like mess'in with young people they help me feel young. I love talking smack with my son's friends and their all in their 20's, you appear to be somwhere in the neighborhood. I'm harmless don't worry, unless I catch a biiger fish then it would be a long ride home.

Not really fun on a forum where they toss you out for 3 days when you insult someone.  although I guess that's why everybody masks insults with "typical liberal/insert stereotype here/conservative to".

16. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Not Sure, but I'm watching closely....

17. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

I have witnessed many a believer that preached a love of God and Christ but with every action lived in rebellion to both and proved themselves to be Anti-Christs. It has been an argument repeated throughout history that mankind is the real anti-Christ, and constantly seeks to dethrone God despite our many declarations to the contrary. Even in churches today one may readily observe a gradual but consistent shift away from glorifying God, to glorify man and his own rules and laws. Just a thought

18. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

There's more than one anti-christ?  Damn. And a lot of them are coming out of Europe? Why am I not surprised big_smile

The Bushes and the Blairs are anti-christs? Well then that means Obama IS an anti-christ, all three families pretty much went to church tongue

Absolutely, and that's why they they are antichrists.

2. profile image49
      PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You got some kind of problem with Europe and why are you not surprised ?  I am British, European and proud of it, if you have an issue with Europeans spit it out or shut to hell up !

1. Flightkeeper profile image68
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cool it Pirate Girl, just pulling everyone's chain cool
        The Europeans are ok with me.

1. profile image49

Ok, sorry smile

19. Sanctus Vesania profile image59
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

Try being at the receiving end of 'reverse racism'  (racism against white people)  It's annoying as hell, yet in this society there's not much to be done about it.

20. hubby7 profile image65
    hubby7posted 14 years ago

No.

21. profile image49
    PirateGirlposted 14 years ago

Shave the buggers head, if you see 666 you got yer answer !

22. broussardleslie profile image75
    broussardleslieposted 14 years ago

No, I do not think Obama is the Anti-Christ, because like another poster explained, the Bible says the Anti-Christ will come from Europe.

HOWEVER, I will say that Obama definitely resembles Nicolae Carpathia - the Anti-Christ in the Left Behind series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Carpathia

1. profile image49

Can you paste the piece in the Bible that says the anti-christ is European or quote the chapter and verse please.

1. broussardleslie profile image75

PirateGirl,
        In the book of Revelation, chapter 13, verse 1, John writes, "...I saw a beast coming up out of the sea having ten horns and seven heads..."

Rome, the city of seven hills http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_hills_of_Rome is said to be represented by the allegorical phrase "seven heads."

The ten horns are the ten-nation confederecy that will unite under the propaganda of the smooth-talking politico that comes out of Europe...

I do not have a problem with Europe, I am just telling you what I understand the Scriptures to say.

I am not searching for the Anti-Christ. My original post actually tried to make light of the subject by refering to a piece of Christian fiction that is satirically humorous (though Biblically accurate, the Left Behind series is one of the most cheesy works of Christian fiction ever published).

23. profile image51
    DJ VUEposted 14 years ago

Geez, everyone's all about the Bible this and the Bible that. At the end of the day, we dont know. There's people even saying that the 2012 (end of the world in Mayan calender) predictions are coming true..

Why are we worried about wether he's the anti-christ or not - or even debating such a view? We should just be focusing on who we are as individuals and how we treat those around us. Granted I'm not American so perhaps this topic isn't near and close to me as some, but there's always going to be people speculating and drawing words from Aristotle or Copernicius or the Bible. If it comes it comes, if it doesn't it doesn't - lets just try and enjoy what we have while we're here smile

24. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-rolleyes008.gif

25. geminimoon profile image59
    geminimoonposted 14 years ago

Prince Charles is supposedly the anti-christ LOL.

26. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The idea of an anti christ is just plain crazy! smile
    I would like to see those who believe in it get some mental health assistance.
    Not well. smile

1. getitrite profile image71

If one person believes in a delusion its called mental illness.
      If many people believe in a delusion its called religion.

and the high road to religious delusion is indoctrination. smile

1. getitrite profile image71

Yeah, Anti Christ, Lucifer, John the Baptist, Jesus, The Virgin Mother, Moses--all just characters in a disturbing Fairy Tell.

... most of which has been copied from other fairy stories that came before them.

2. cagedncrazy profile image59

You just don't get it. Concerning yourself with details of what MAN wrote makes you blind to the whole truth. Yes man wrote the bible years after Jesus died, the old testament is full of genocides, and there's contradictions all over, but why should that make you blind to the message? Jesus wants everyone to help each other. You glorify Jesus, by helping others, i can care less why Jesus cursed the fig tree.

EarnestHub:
            I am new to this whole forum thing, so I do not know if this is the appropriate venue to ask this question, but your posts make me curious...
            How is it that you openly proclaim to love Jesus, and quote from the NT, but state that you believe their are contradictions in the OT? Aren't you doing exactly what you chastise others for? Accepting only parts of the Bible?
            Again, I apologize if this is not the correct venue for such questions, I am just not sure how else to understand where you are coming from.
            Sincerely,
            Leslie

My sincere apologies - I think the person I meant to address this to is actually CagedNCrazy? Again, sorry, I am new to this forum stuff.

1. Pearldiver profile image66
                Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't apologise Leslie - the host on ths thread is newer than all others in this forum!
                We all have the ability to make a first impression on others - this caged newbie is due to be fed to the lions at sunrise! smile

Thank you, Pearldiver, for making me laugh when I was feeling foolish smile

2. earnestshub profile image80

All is well. Many have done the same. smile Me for example! lol

Glad you don't hate me wink

Nah! I don't do hate! lol

27. earnestshub profile image80

This anti christ nonsense has been going on forever, like all the other crazy stuff people believe.
    This is just plain nuts.

28. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

Now we got Nostradamas. More nonsense.

Exactly. Almost as much bull written by and about Nostradamus as their is about the bible. !

2. mandybeau1 profile image61

smile I was jerking him round I don't believe a word of it. The people referred to as Anti Christs were just bad uns.

29. areyouserious profile image58
    areyouseriousposted 14 years ago

I think Pee Wee Herman is the Antichrist, Live your life according to your beliefs and know that it doesn't matter if he is or isn't but when that day comes you already know where your going and what you will do.

30. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

If prayer is so powerful how come it can't be used to cure homosexuals of their hormone deficiency yikes

Cute. Prayer has been proven to lower autism, why not homosexuality?

2. mandybeau1 profile image61

Maybe more praying for than agin

31. OBcean profile image57
    OBceanposted 14 years ago

No.

32. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I think the Antichrist is somebody who is supposed to be competent, that would rule out Obama!

33. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

LOL A Texan. I can't quite get used to your new avatar. It's somehow familar, and yet... tweaked big_smile.

Your comment about the Antichrist being "competent" made me think of resumes. It would be fun to create his (or her) resume -- listing skills, accomplishments, experience, and career objective. LOL. Even references! I know. Get a life,MM.

34. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I got sick of how the forum can be so ridiculous, so now my thoughts on these issues are inspiring me to write blog posts.  I do not even know how anyone in their right mind can actually think Obama is the anti-Christ.

1. mandybeau1 profile image61

so true:)

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You missed some of the real weird stuff, trust me smile.  You should read back on some of those forums just to see how odd it got.  I personally do not even get involved in some discussions anymore for a reason.

35. quietnessandtrust profile image61
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

Stop trying to "figure out who it is" and mind your own business and the business of GOD.....anti-Christ is a spirit and has been around for millennium and has been at work through scores of men.

Just do what GOD tells you and move along.

36. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

Well, I mean it's obvious innit?

He's black so he can't be a true patriot
    His middle name is Hussein so he's definitely Muslim
    He's a Democrat which makes him a closet communist
    He's pro-choice so he likes murdering babies
    And with no birth certificate, he's clearly not human
    And he buys dogs
    What more proof do you need?

Maybe, just maybe, this idiocy will stop sometime.

But on the other hand, I suppose anyone who has so far abandoned common sense and logic as to believe in the antichrist fairytale can't be expected to be right about anything else, except perhaps by luck.

1. profile image0

Oh really! His color is a moot point, his lack of experience is an issue, he does attend a church that preaches hate, it's a fact that democrats are more socially oriented, Babies are people you can't be pro-choice and in the same voice ban executionns there's a name for that, he can shut everyone up real fast by putting it on display, the dog thing isn't an issue, i would much rather believe what the Bible says than some philosophy pamplet bought from a vendor in the latin quarter.
      Now I've answered you point for point as I did in the hub on iran lets see if you can speak in plain english and offer a logical rebuttal. I call it like I see it and if I don't see any rational thought(not rationalized thought) I don't offer any.

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Explain 'His color is a moot point' please?
        The American people preferred his candidature to McCain's, so his lack of experience is not an issue.
        What is wrong with being socially orientated? We live in society, as everyone except Margaret Thatcher has understood.
        Babies are indeed people. Embryos? Fetuses? I was deliberately mocking the emotive language (murdering babies) used by certain groups.
        I would prefer that he attended no church at all, but it's his choice.
        I've no idea what you've got against the Latin quarter, never having been there.
        Can I speak in plain English? Yes. Thanks for asking. Can you understand it?

1. profile image0

Now we're getting some where! I don't see color. People usually put so much more out there to evaluate. I believe you're a product of your enviroment not your skin. I'm very socially oriented more than you might believe but when socially responsible morfed into lets give something for nothing they lost me, because of the enviroment I was raised in.

My father was enlisted I'm a military brat and we had nothing except the basics we weren't privalidged white people we were the white trash, Growing up I knew this side of America well. I started mowing lawns when I was 10, selling cokes at football games at eleven and on the off days I caddied at a golf course where I met an Officer who took me to his apartment and tried to molest me. I allways made my own way I left home in high school and worked and went to school. I never asked for anything from any body, I never blamed anybody for my life because once I was an adult it was my resposibility to come correct and quit blaming people and sociaty.

My world was still better than alot in this world did it all affect me sure but it's my life not the governments or the taxpayers. Do the babies deserve their chance hell yea! They could be the one that stops the wars, cures cancer or ends the hate.( I understand what you meant) Look I spent alot of time alone with nothing and God was all I had and I believe he told the cooks where I washed dishes to feed me and give me the bread that was left over and I believe the coach saw me there in the morning showering and never said a thing was told by God I needed a pass.

So, I'm not an intellectual I'm just a person who is so gratefull for a family who love and treat me special but it hasn't been easy and as you can tell from my writting I'm not a genious, not even really smart. Plain English is all I know and I know thats ok. Fire away I can take it!

37. Paraglider profile image88

Good, I think I've killed the thread smile

38. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

A little late to the party but oh well

The story (prediction) of the anti-christ is one where he will be loved and admired by just about everybody, part of how he becomes so powerful and dangerous. I propose that no one in the public eye is loved and admired by most, we get bored with those people and they fade from the public eye. What works to keep people in the public eye is scandal or corruption or drug use or bad hair days or whatever. We as the public seem to love ripping our celebs and politicians to shreads, oh no they have gained weight and look bad in that bikini, that kind of thing. The anti christ is going to have a real hard time staying in the public eye if he is doing stuff like ending poverty and creating world peace, we will be like oh thats nice but who is sleeping with their assistants (outside of their marriage) or who is a closet gay or whatever? We are sometimes a vicious and nasty animal and we get bored with people who are nice. If you think I am way off just turn on the news, you will get all the bad stories but none of the good ones and thats because people are not interested in the good stories. Good stuff doesn't sell ad space so is hardly ever on the news.
    We love a scandal, debauchery and to have a good look at car accidents but someone like mother Theresa we like her but don't make a celebrity of her or anything because its not exciting. If there is going to be a person who is the anti christ who will bring about the finial battle and all that junk chances are none of us will actually know who he is or give him any credit for the world peace and end to poverty that is supposed to be brought about by him as a bribe for giving up our morality (what morality).

Just my tuppence worth

Alright just to put this on the record, i am not a devout believer in the bible. How could i be? The sun is in the middle of the universe, and there are 30 plus other people in history who were born of a virgin, had 12 disciples, died on a cross, and was resurrected. Believing in the bible, is like believing everything Dan Brown writes about. There's a lot of truth, but i do believe the bible has been re-written multiple times, has had things taken out, and its full of contradictions. I never said i was a firm believer in the bible, I'm a firm believer in what Jesus has to say about conducting ones life.

Answering this question, since its the only one i think is worth answering "How is it that you openly proclaim to love Jesus, and quote from the NT, but state that you believe their are contradictions in the OT? Aren't you doing exactly what you chastise others for? Accepting only parts of the Bible?"

I don't only believe there are contradictions in the OT, i believe the OT was written by man, to glorify man. Why does Jesus come down, and teach against the OT? Most of the NT can be interpreted literally, and what Jesus says may some times be in riddles, but the message is there. I focus all of my belief in Matthew, Jesus says 'glorify me, through selfless acts.' What better way to lead a life?

There's an argument, 'if you want to lead a selfless life, then why are you on this forum?' Good point. I have accumalated massive amounts of debt. During the day i search for jobs, during the night I try earn money blogging. I will be jailed in a month if i dont come up with 300 dollars.

There, i think i explained myself enough to people i don't know, and may have sounded contradicting, or even egotistical.

What you probably can't know, having only joined this community yesterday, is that we've already suffered several threads and hubs vilifying Obama in the most extreme terms. I'm not talking about political disagreement here, but true venom. So, yet another thread linking him with the antichrist was never going to be very welcome.
        Good luck with the job search and blogging - you're not alone in this financial climate.

2. quietnessandtrust profile image61
        quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Why does Jesus come down, and teach against the OT?"

Making a statement like this and NOT providing evidence is pretty ignorant.

3. broussardleslie profile image75

CagedNCrazy:
        My intent is not to argue with you. I know that my questions are off topic, but I do not understand why you are looking for the AntiChrist if you do not believe the OT? I appreciate you answering my question, however, your post only creates confusion for me.

I am not understanding where you think that Jesus teaches AGAINST the OT? Jesus fulfills the OT. Jesus teaches against MISINTERPRETATION of the OT. Jesus teaches (especially in Matthew) to follow the heart of the Law rather than the letter. He doesn't ever say "the Law is wrong;" he says the Pharisees understood it wrong, taught it wrong and lived it wrong.

In Matthew 9:13,Jesus tells his disciples, "Go and learn what this verse means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT A SACRIFICE..."

For my writing regarding this verse, see
        http://lesliewantstowrite.blogspot.com/ … -2008.html

Jesus isn't teaching against the OT, he is QUOTING it, and using it to back up his lessons. He quotes Hosea 6:6 (see also my hub on Hosea).

You said you specifically focus on Matthew...What about all the times Matthew records Jesus QUOTING the OT? If Jesus renounced the OT, why did he use it to beat the devil's temptings? (See Matthew 4) In a quick skim, I found the following verses where Jesus quotes the OT:

Matthew 4:4, 7, 10.
        Matthew 5:21, 27, 31, 33, 35, 38.
        Matthew 11:5, 10
        Matthew 13:14-15, 32, 43.
        Matthew 15:4, 8-9.
        Matthew 21:13, 16, 33, 42.
        Matthew 22:37, 39, 44.
        Matthew 24:29
        Matthew 27:54 ("My God, My God, why have you forsaken me" is a direct quote of Psalm 22:1)

Matthew himself quotes the OT when writing his gospel - see 12:17 and 13:35. See also Matthew 21:5 and 9 (I have a hub about this too). And again in Matthew 22:24

If you are "firm believer in what Jesus has to say about conducting ones life," please consider this:

In Matthew 5:23, Jesus tells the disciples "If you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering. Make friends quickly with your opponent at law while you are with him on the way, so that your opponent may not hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the officer and you be thrown in prison. Truly I say to you, you will not come out of there until you have paid up the last cent."

I realize it is sort of a riddle, but the message is there.

In Matthew 7:15, Jesus continues to tell his disciples, "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce good fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then you will know them be their fruits."

My point, CagedNCrazy, is that if you are trying to "live a life of selfless acts," why create a contentious thread?

2. VeraDestler profile image62
      VeraDestlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought of that too! Everyone admires him and loves him, just like in the prophesy. It's kind of scarry if you think of it, since the end of the world is getting closer.

39. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Nope. That's giving him WAY too much importance. I agree that he is a guy. He's also a very smart man, whether you agree with his politics or not.

40. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

If there is one single Anti-Christ and if he is the little horn that rose up out of the ten horns of the fourth beast described in Daniel chapter 7, If this is who we are talking about ... I know who he is!!

1. quietnessandtrust profile image61
      quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The suspense is killing you. lol

2. Flightkeeper profile image68
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is it PeeWee Herman?
      I always thought he looked like the anti-christ.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Guys.  My electric went off. Just came back on.
                 Promise  ya.   timing sucks
            If the Antichrist is the little horn it was the Emperor Hadrian.

41. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Well!

42. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago
  43. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Still waiting.

44. quietnessandtrust profile image61
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

45. bill yon profile image71
    bill yonposted 14 years ago

I am so glad that you made this post yes2truth,you have just summed up all the feelings of the republican grassroots movement,and revealed to everyone with half of brain what is really going on!!Thank you for that post!if it walks like a racist talks like a racist well I'll be damned its a RACIST!!!!

46. Paraglider profile image88

We are all products of our upbringing, and all different. And here's the surprise - not one of us is always right, not even if we've pulled through some hard times. But you know, when you pull through and reach a plateau, there's the choice to stop there or to look for another hill to climb. Both options are fine, as long as we know which one we've chosen.

1. profile image0

I agree again but excuse me my faith because I hardly preach I do use it to show where I'm coming from.

That's true smile

47. earnestshub profile image80

OT NT, it is all ET to me!

Extra-Terrestrial (sp)???  Alien? Foreign?

As believable as the corny kids movie! smile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  That was good, Earnest wink

48. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Obams is not...Hadrian  WAS

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)