Rss Feeds

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)
  1. jennshealthstore profile image80
    jennshealthstoreposted 13 years ago

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could explain the process on how to actually change the RSS feed on each hub. I have read hubs on RSS feed, but I am not clear as to what I actually have to do. Do I need to go into the HTML itself, or just change the url? I am confused. Please help : )

1. ilmdamaily profile image68
      ilmdamailyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, there's no real way to "change the rss feed" for each hub.

There are several rss feeds for each hub - but they are all automatically generated by hubpages, so your involvement with them is basically to find them and spread them far and wide accross the 'net:-)

There are feeds for the comments of your specific hub, each tag the hub is associated with, and for your own latest, best and hot sections in your profile.

There may be one for the category your hub is in too...but i'm not sure on that one.

Are you trying to find the feeds for each of these?

I hope this helped! Let me know if I missed the point...

jennshealthstoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ilmadamaily I am confused. : )  Lets say for example, my hub on the sport handball of course has its own unique url. If I hit the RSS button, the url that appears is the rss feed for my latest hubs. Is there a way to create one just for that specific article?

Am I making sense, because I really have no idea what I am talking about lol.

1. ilmdamaily profile image68
          ilmdamailyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I gotchya:-)

The rss feed button in the address bar of your browser for your hub is an rss feed for the comments *only* of that particular hub.

You can - by proxy - create an rss feed specifically for a single hub using tags. But it can get confusing.

When you attribute tags to a hub, try to use tags that are only attributed to 3 or 4 other hubs (preferably yours). Each tag page will have a specific RSS feed that you can then distribute around the net. 

You could just create tags the are completely unique to your hubs (like an alpha-numeric code or something), but the benefit of using tags with a few other hubs in them is that they will regular be scanned by google, providing you with more benefit in terms of backlinks.

Not sure if i'm making this clear, so here's a drawing:-)

You have five hubs. 1 through 5. You have 5 tags. A through E. By being crafty in the way you attribute tags, you can generate multiple RSS feeds per hub that will allow you to cross-promote them everywhere.

Example:

Hub | Tag/s
          1   | A,E
          2   | B,D
          3   | C,B,A
          4   | D,A,E
          5   | E,B

So going with the above, tag A would have hubs 4 & 5. Tag B would have hubs 2, 3, and 5. Tag C would have hub 3. Tag D would have hubs 2 and 4. Tag E would have hubs 1, 4 and 5. 

Each tag would have it's own RSS feed, so you then have the potential to generate multiple backlinks for each hub by "doubling up" the way you attribute them.

It's a little fiddly/confusing, I know - but it is a very efficient way of backlinking.

The power of this is that you can then use a RSS submitting tool like RSS Bot to submit all of these different (yet same!) feeds to as many rss feed sites as possible.

It's a simple way of generating crazy numbers of backlinks with very little effort in very little time.

Please let me know if i've gone off on a tangent there lol;-)

I've assumed you're doing it for backlinks...but if not, and you still just need an rss feed for a specific page, maybe try creating one with yahoo pipes? I think it has a tool for creating them from scratch on non-rss pages.

http://pipes.yahoo.com/

2. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

I usually click on the RSS button, get to the page and copy the URL from the browser and safe it in a file on my computer smile quick and easy access to paste at every rss site that I find or hear about , big_smile changing it from the original title? not sure that would be too good a idea. hmm

Thanks Dame. Yes, that is what I have been doing, but this only displays your latest hubs I believe. I thought there was maybe a way to actually create an RSS feed for each individual hub.

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jen, the RSS Channel picks up on articles put into the database feed. It is alot of work doing them one-by-one.

http://hubpages.com/_yourtracker/hub/Title/?rss

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Vartic-Circle/?rss
        will link a single article to the feed index. But I am curious why you want individual ones? HP has a short link and auto post to Tweeter (a rolling RSS feed) and Facebook (Social RSS).

I really do not know Twenty One Days. I was just trying to promote them, and I guess I though individual ones would be better. Maybe not. I am still learning : ) . Thank you so much for your information.

1. profile image0

No problem

just remember to put the " /?rss " after the title, so the feed code in all the web browsers can pick it up. RSS is a great way to increase subscribers and earn as well. big_smile

Yes that is what I would like to do.. big_smile

Ok I am going to try it now! Thanks again

3. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

lol sometimes it is hard to figure out if we are making sense, I know that feeling, lol. You mean promote the rss url of the ONE hub? hmm not sure of that since I usually promote my profile url n not so much the individual rss urls. Good question. big_smile maybe try the 'category' url? hmm Darkside has a good Hub about RSS wink

4. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 13 years ago

I'm having so much trouble with RSS feeds. I understand how they should work but when I try and do it it just doesn't work. I want to make one RSS feed with all my impressionist artist hubs and another with my book review hubs, I just don't know what the link/url should look like????

Yes, I know. I am trying to do what  these nice people have told me to do. Hopefully I will get it right. Good luck to you.

2. profile image0

The only way to do that is to create a category folder in your account area under edit groups. Drag/drop the articles you want into that folder.

But I don't know if it will Rss Feed them all together.
      I would ask Paul or Darkside.

You can have them linked together at the bottom of the article so long as the article is in that folder. Did that for the Hubalicious Contest so people could read one article after the other without searching.

5. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

I will check it out thanks. I thought I started to know what I was doing, but I don't lol.

6. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

The easiest way to take an individual hubpage url and turn it into an rss feed is the following.

Step 1: Copy your Hubpage url
    Step 2: Go to http://www.html2rss.com/
    Step 3: Put in your url and press submit.
    Step 4: html to rss will have provided your Hubpage url as a rss feed url.

That's all there is to it. It is free and works well. You can submit up to 50 url's to make one feed.

Really, that is something that I think I can do lol.. You do not know how confused I am.

Thanks so much : )

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)