Will someone click on my tracker to see if it works?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Brie Hoffman profile image60
    Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

Here it is:

http://hubpages.com/my/tracker/brieshubpages

Thanks...I have no views and I am not sure if it is working.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is the name of your tracker:

If I was adding one I would add

http://hubpages.com/_mytracker/profile/Uninvited+Writer

We can't see it under my tracker because we are not you smile

2. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As already pointed out, that's a stats page for only you to see.

Tracking is a little bit complicated, but once you figure out how it works it makes sense all of a sudden.

It has a two fold purpose. And I don't think any other site has managed to so skilfully fold two abilities into the one system.

You can refer for around 10% of ad impressions on pageviews. And also for referring new users.

You can refer people to your profile, your hubs, other peoples hubs and also directly to the sign up page.

Uninvited Writer gives a working example of a tracking URL to your profile.

I have two hubs on referrals. There are other hubs worth reading too. And there have also been hubs not worth reading. The newer the member the more erroneous the hub is likely to be because it does take a bit of effort to get your head around it.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I haven't read that hub by Darkside, but I can bet my bottom dollar that it is top drawer..... he taught me everything that I know about referral trackers.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

It's not working properly.

Here is a hub by Jimmythejock. It should help straighten it out.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-goo … n-HubPages

Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It says numbers and letters only but when I ask about them I always see an underscore...why why why does this have to be so complicated?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's not complicated.  Your tracker is just letters and numbers but you always have to put an underscore in front of it, when you use it.

You put your tracker after .com/ in whatever URL you are using.

UW, as I've pointed out before, it's better to use your tracker to refer people to one of your Hubs rather than to your profile.  For instance:

http://hubpages.com/_mytracker/hub/Free-things-to-do-in-New-York-City

1. darkside profile image66

It doesn't matter where you send them, it matters as to why you're sending them there.

In a blogspot blogger profile I have a tracking URL to my HubPages Profile. In another that is a very narrow topic, I have it sending it a specific tag within my hubs, so people can see a list of closely related hubs.

In addition to the usual linking to my hubs, hubs of other hubbers that I've recommended and the sign up page, trackers also work with forum threads, even specific forum posts.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Your tracker should be:

http://www.hubpages.com/_brieshubpages/ … ie+Hoffman

The underscore is not part of your tracker name but it should be proceeded by one when you link to it.

Ok, so I copied what you just wrote only with Brie instead of ...ie

and it said:

Please make sure that your token contains only letters and numbers (no spaces)

Plus it says no more than 16 characters and that is more than 16 characters.

Have you already claimed brieshubpages as a tracker? We're assuming you did that's why you asked about http://hubpages.com/my/tracker/brieshubpages

If so there's no need to do claim anything.

You just have to use it, along with an underscore, straight after the hubpages.com/

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I understand. I was just using this as an example.

5. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

After you have created a tracker (and you have a default tracker) go to the bottom of the page, click on 'link to this page' select the tracker you want, and then copy and paste the link.  It will have the tracker in the right place for you.

Ok, will this one work if I use it as a referal?

http://hubpages.com/_38j6ujm10h7dy/profile/Brie+Hoffman

If that's your default tracker, then yes, that would work.

I got it from the bottom of my profile page where it says 'link to this page".

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In that case, it will work.  If you're planning to use a tracker a lot, you can set up a new one that's an ordinary word. Then it's easier to remember if you have to type it in - plus it looks less peculiar to other people.

I'm just glad to know it works...because apparently I've been using one that doesn't and so all those referrals were just wasted...ugh.  Sometime I wish I could get a hubpages tutor!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)