Stress

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (33 posts)
  1. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Stress is a malaise of our time and age.

Do we have to accept this as something that you grin and bear with or can we do something about it ourselves??

I believe we can. we really need to if we want to keep our sanity.

First things first.. Yes prioritize your work.

Build your daily routine around the most important things in your life. The others will fall into place.

Never neglect relationships and compromise it on the altar of work or may be even fun.

Talking aloud to a friend, spouse, someone whom you trust takes the sting away from the stress. May be you dont even need to take their advice.. just speak it out..

If you havent noticed, often most of the solutions to our problems come when we verbalize the sitation clearly to others. So don't hesitate to lean on a shoulder when you need it. ( it dont make you small .. just human!!)

I believe the most important thing is 'to let go'.. let me explain this..  Often there are certain things that worry us, hurt us or even constantly burden our thought life .. be quick to recognize it... handle it if you can or just let go.. dont keep meditating negatively on things that cause you hurt or worry or anxiety. You will never benefit from this rather you will be on the reverse gear.

Do your best and tell yourself I have given it my best shot and now I will not let it leech my mental strength  / energy out.

Before you go to bed today just let those negative words spoken to you out of your systems . Fill your mind with thoughts of what you have done well, how many people had enjoyed your help/ company etc  and then go to sleep.

Tell yourself I can do it. I need more practise and I am getting better and better at it everyday.

If you cant do this for yourself do expect the world to do it for you??

If you cant be your own best friend .. no one else can..

You are wonderful!! Have a great day!!

1. Goodpal profile image77
      Goodpalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I fully agree with you when you talk about "to let go". This is indeed the most important aspect of not just stress management but life management!!

If nations learn to let go there will be no war or conflicts. But one has to learn the art of "letting go".

Mindfulness forms of meditation -- Vipassana meditation -- helps you learn the art of "letting go". You train yourself to be an observer of things without involvement or analysis.

This technology of letting has even entered the prisons where the prisoners are learning the art of letting go of their anger and hatred. Read my recent hub on meditation in prisons and watch the films about dramatic effects on the inmates.

When you learn to let go of your parochial demands, you create an atmosphere of calm and silence around you.

Wish you a true peaceful day!

2. ofmelancholy profile image60
      ofmelancholyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can try relaxation techniques, brainwave entrainment, theanine supplements for stress.

3. vydyulashashi profile image59
      vydyulashashiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kamaal ka strategy!!
      I mean what a good plan to come out of stress. Many people are suffering from stress,to the surprise youngsters are more prone to stress. Good life style with a good plan with a balanced nutrition,rest and sleep will help a lot to come out of stress.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All that works when the stress really isn't all that stressful anyway.  When you get into "hard core" stress, none of that stuff does much to help someone.   Hard core stress is something that is seldom even addressed in all those books that offer tips on dealing with stress.  That's because there aren't really any tricks that help.   It's too bad, too, because the people living with hard-core stress are the ones who could use the most help.

4. sbh7884 profile image62
      sbh7884posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely it is better to let go than to let stress build up inside of you. High stress not only has a negative affect on the body but it can make you physically ill. I know someone who whenever he gets stressed out and has  a lot on his mind he physically throws up. For others stress may cause headaches, migraines, weakness, dizziness and many more symptoms.
      Unfortunately not everyone can just let things go like you or I. A lot of people dwell on things or for the sake of stubbornness will not let something go, but they are only hurting themselves. It is people like this that really need relaxation and stress reduction techniques. For people with high stress lives they need to be willing and open to try something plus they also need to make time to actually try to reduce their stress. If they are unwilling to try then unfortunately there is nothing that anyone can do to help accept be there.

5. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like what you said. Very good points made.

Thanks for sharing.

2. M.s Fowler profile image43
    M.s Fowlerposted 13 years ago

Nice thoughts sounds more like a poem. Do you write poetry or is this just words for the soul!

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do write poetry, but I love to speaks words of life to the struggling soul.. we all need help once in awhile dont we.. Thanx for the comment

3. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image60
    NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 13 years ago

that could be an article.what do you think?however i just wrote a hub on stress you might take a look at it and learn how to handle stress the way jesus did.               <snipped link - do not promote your hubs in the forums>

welcome to hubpages

4. profile image36
    techno-hubposted 13 years ago

Just wrote one hub..
    <snipped link - do not promote your hubs in the forums>

But you solved my problem. Just speak out is one best option.

I have fews girls. Speaking out is good way.
    Another way is write as blog. I do it.

5. Shopping-Online profile image65
    Shopping-Onlineposted 13 years ago

Stress is one of the most common problems. But doing Yoga can be a solution.

6. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Stress is brought on by oneself upon oneself because of a lack of something or another. smile

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stress is brought by things we cannot change or too scared  to change.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad you think so. But, to each their own. wink

2. sofs profile image77

Stress is internal pressure to outward circumstances..  how you choose to react to external circumstances is your take!!  You cahnge what you can thats U... good luck and  have a great day!!

1. timorous profile image81
          timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly.  People hold onto, and place way too much importance on (what are actually) trivial things.  It really is all in your mind.

For quite some time, I've had an unspoken policy of not worrying about anything I have no control over, and taking things as they come, and letting them go..knowing I've done the best I can at the time. smile

7. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 13 years ago

OK...here's how you handle Stress
    Draw a circle on a good solid wall about the size of your head.Then
    Bang your forehead against the circle repeatedly until you knock yourself Out!Walla...no more Stress!
    Repeat if necessary:)

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I once had a boss who had a poster on the side of a file cabinet that said exactly that. Btw- the cabinet was solid metal. lol

2. timorous profile image81
      timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ohh!  That's gonna leave a mark. lol

You're also going to have a bitch of a headache.

1. sofs profile image77

Cagsil may enjoy the headache for all you know!!

3. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like you rather drink a beer or two rather than to face the troubles?! Many are in that same vote. Or have been there, and done that too.

Oh lala!

8. BalanceTree profile image40
    BalanceTreeposted 13 years ago

Great post, I agree on letting it go.. I just posted on this same topic and have a similar perspective smile Your writing is very personable though, an easy read!

9. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

stress creeps up on you when your vulnerable to outside elements. Things like yoga may help in the early stages but relieving yourself from it is the only way to get better. Just thinking you can shake yourself out of it is beyond most people. Work situations are increasing for everyone and there is no way out for some, except leaving a job where you need the money, So stop looking for easy solutions on this forum - for some people they are living it every day.

10. wilsonallen01 profile image60
    wilsonallen01posted 13 years ago

yes that is true.

Stress will make you restless.

Thank You

1. sofs profile image77

It is matter of choice, I decide that I will not let anything worry me and I stick to it.  I just ignore that which I consider not worth giving thought to, pick my battles , prioritize and work positively  .  I  give it my best shot, never let regret in!   smile That works for me .. each one needs to find something that works for them.

1. vydyulashashi profile image59
        vydyulashashiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In my view, the best way to get out of stress is not to think of stupid issues and things which you can't change. And this view covers only one perspective of stress and not all types.

1. sofs profile image77

AS i have 'stressed '  instead of fire fighting handle everyday issues well and ignore that which you can, pick your battles right, keep your focus and let go!
          You need to adopt other things like taking a walk or exercise or creativity to help you give vent to the pent up emotions!! chose what suits you!!
          Hope you are less stressed out now Shashi!   big_smile big_smile

11. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 13 years ago

Stress is a part of our spiritual existence,it have no DNA,OR CELLS,like thoughts and ideas that have none either.Stress is misunderstood by scientist that evaluate by material concept.

12. harleymeighan profile image60
    harleymeighanposted 13 years ago

Stress can even trigger skin diseases like psoriasis. One of my friends experienced this, and when I searched through the web, some even said it can cause other skin diseases. So it should not be taken for granted because it can really affect our health. It can also cause insomnia.

1. sofs profile image77

Sure does, it would be wise to adopt a life style change than just addressing the symptoms.

13. profile image53
    markwilson419posted 13 years ago

Nice way to represent the discussion on stress.Stress is an internal response to stimuli or pressures that challenge an organism's ability to adapt or cope, disrupting homeostasis or internal balance. Stress may be mental, physiological, anatomical or physical. Stressful stimuli, also known as stressors, range from chemical agents to medical illnesses to a hectic lifestyle.

1. sofs profile image77

good text book definition, yes it is all these thing accumulating over a period the span of your life time, calling for change in the way you think , perceive , act or emote.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)