What makes us heal emotionally, spiritually, and physically?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Healthy Living Is profile image56
    Healthy Living Isposted 13 years ago

Healing, I believe takes place when we have hope and start to relax inside.  I believe that healing takes time and energy.  The type of energy I am referring to is positive energy.  I also believe that we all need people in our lives to talk to and help us heal. Though we heal on our own, still positive energy from other people helps us and may guide us there.  What do you think?

1. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very well said. Also, learning to release unhealthy attachments is crucial to healing.

1. profile image0
        Wendi Mposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh I completely agree with that!

AKA...letting things go!!

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The basis for healing self is honesty within self about self. Harmony brings peace. Peace automatically brings positive energy.

2. DevLin profile image61
    DevLinposted 13 years ago

Woman told she had tumors in her breasts on a friday, goes home to meditate and pray for the biopsy on monday. Friends pay for her all weekend, and there's no sign of tumors on monday morning xray. I say the mind heals all you want it too. It was as you said, the positive thoughts, that all would be well. Knowing others wished her well as well, helped.

1. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dr. med. Götz Blome maintains that most of us develop cancer numerous times throughout our lives. It's a diagnosis that causes it to spread, according to him. I tend to believe this, although there are obviously many exceptions

3. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

A warm summer day, a clear starlit night, a warm embrace, a bit of solitude, a sincere thank you, a small amount of praise, and a hearty laugh!

4. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

now that comment is what i call logical and commonsense......

healing does not always come easy, but then maybe we find, we are putting barriers up to healing ourselves, but we do need help to break them down.

5. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

I believe it is the separation from our spiritual selves that causes the emotional suffering.  This can lead to all types of physical ailments.  By reconnecting to our true spiritual selves we begin to heal the wounds that create unhealthy living.

6. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Sometimes people just get cancer from the sun or some other exposure and need urgent surgery too. smile
    You're first need is to remain alive. smile

7. ceciliabeltran profile image65
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

I personally think it's exercise. the mind cannot do it on its own, the body has to help.

8. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Physically, we heal with time, rest, and the right nutrition (a good immune system helps speed things up, so does being young enough to regenerate cells well).

Emotionally/mentally, time helps a little; but I think there's another factor.  I think when bad stuff happens we have to process everything in our minds and let it all kind of "settle down" to where they don't quite have the same overwhelming degree of emotion involved, and instead kind of "turn into negative, gray, thoughts that aren't quite as powerful as they had been".  It can see like we try to push those (at this point) manageable "gray thoughts" to the back of my mind in order to keep going about the business of life.  Eventually, with time, new things that aren't so negative come in and "take up space" in our minds.

What I picture happening is if the new "non-negative" things are not big things, it takes enough time for enough of them to move in, collect, and take up enough "mind space" to push the "gray thoughts" farther and farther "into the background".  I think, though, if new positive experiences (positive energy) happen faster and are bigger than the "routine, non-negative" experiences; they "take up that mind space" more quickly and push the "gray thoughts" into the background more quickly too.

So, small and seemingly inconsequential positive experiences (of the "small-joys-of-life" variety that we can find ourselves) are better than none; but bigger positive experiences are the best for helping heal (as much as anyone is ever going to heal).

Things like laughing, enjoying fresh air, or seeing some of the beauty in Nature are among those "small joys" that we can find for ourselves.  Surrounding ourselves in negativity and ugliness is, I think, probably a guarantee we'll never get those "gray thoughts pushed far into the background" enough to heal very much.  People who go too long without knowing to seek out those seemingly insignificant small joys to at least start to "come in and replace the bad stuff" can find they've lived stressed out and miserable for so long their body won't have the energy to function, and eventually their physical health may suffer.  Once that happens, things get harder and harder to overcome.

Besides, when it comes to those things that are just going to take time to heal, a person may as well seek out some of those smaller joys in life to make waiting out that time a little more bearable.

9. girl about town69 profile image59
    girl about town69posted 13 years ago

With enough time and distractions you can heal from anything maybe not fully but enough to move on, this has been evident many times throughout my life and lives of those close to me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)