How do I get more traffic and clicks?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Rhysjcposted 13 years ago

Hey everyone, I've been here on HubPages for about 4 days now. I've already written 16 hubs, and I think that may be pretty good for such a short amount of time? The number of views I've been getting have suprised me. I currently have 325 views in total from the last four days, is this a good figure?

Anyway, my question is, how do I increase my traffic and also get more clicks on my ads? I'm yet to even have one single click on my ads, and I have been receiving a small amount of traffic from Google on a few of my hubs. Are adsense earnings a thing of luck or will I have to wait a while until my Google traffic increases? Please share your knowledge of HubPages with me, I'd be VERY grateful.

1. britneydavidson profile image60
      britneydavidsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

First of all quality content will automatic attracts your visitors, so first of all whateever you write think from visitor point of view that he or she is getting some information through your hubs. Secondly yes you have to wait for sometime to get traffic on your hubs, and when you get good taffic then surely you will get clicks on your ads.

1. profile image0
        Rhysjcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks very much for your quickly reply! Do you have any tips on how I can increase my traffic?

2. nicregi profile image67
      nicregiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Rhysjc

Welcome to HubPages. Basically, if my math didn't fail me, it would be an average of 5 views per day per hub. I would say that is a good start.

You can use backlink and even promote your articles in other sites.

For ads, it is hard and normally it would take time. I wrote for about 3 weeks when I first get my few cents.

Basically, if you have quality content, readers will come back for more. If your content is bad, then you will slowly lose traffic.

When you promote, it will go up in number but at the same time, if you do not maintain the quality, then it will drop again.

Hope this helps.

1. profile image0

What exactly is backlink? I've heard the term so many times but I don't know what it is. Thanks for the information!

2. Megavitamin profile image70
    Megavitaminposted 13 years ago

If you want more traffic, then spread the word!  Post links to your hubs on your social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.  Also, you can join other sites like shetoldme.com and xomba.com and advertise your links on there as well. 

Good luck!

1. profile image0

Thanks, that's some really great advice which I hope to use smile

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I don't promote much - my advice? Just keep writing. If a hub is good, the traffic will increase over time, if it's not a good hub or it's in too competitive a topic, it will either not get hits or may take off at a later date.

Hubs take 6-9 months to age appropriately to where they will be getting good traffic.

The general click through rate on adverts is 5% but in cases where you are not aiming specifically at topics to do with your advert content you can have a much lower click rate.

So just keep writing - if it's good, the traffic will come all on its own.

1. profile image0

Well most of my hubs are written as tutorial for the iPod Touch or iPhone. This is a pretty specific area but there's still a lot to write about. I'll continue to write hubs and see how it's gone at the end of the month. I've got 3 followers and 17 hubs after 4 days, so I'm hoping things continue going this well.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can keep writing in this area if you want - have you done keyword research on it?

But I'd recommend trying some other areas too, so you get a feel of what topics you write best about, what attracts traffic and what gets the best clicks.

1. profile image0

Yes I'm going to be moving in to more areas soon. I have a little book and a pen which I use to jot down prospective hubs. I'm having a little bit of writers block as to which topics I should write about, but they will most probably still be to do with technology.

2. kmackey32 profile image65
      kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I dont promote much eithor.

4. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

When you publish a hub, you tend to get a surge in hubber traffic. But, hubbers aren't going to make you any $$$.

I think the big problem that you have is the length of your hubs. The few I've looked at are 150 words or less, and the bulk of the text--the intro grafs--are identical in each hub. I suspect you're going to have a very difficult time sustaining any decent ranking in Google with those hubs.

And for what it's worth, you have two hyperlinks in your intros to (I think) other hubs of yours. Unfortunately, in all cases you hyperlinked the word "here." Google uses links, whether internal or external, to figure out who you are, where you're located, what you're about and how important you are. Part of what they look at is the hyperlinked text, called the "anchor text." So instead of "Read my hubs by clicking <hyperlink>here<hyperlink>," you really should have "Read my other hubs on <hyperlink>keyword<hyperlink>." What you have isn't going to hurt you, it's just not going to help you as much as it could.

1. profile image0

Thanks a lot for the advice. I'll change this straight away!

1. Blake Flannery profile image93
        Blake Flanneryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It took me several months to earn a cent, and I was writing fairly long hubs.  Sometimes it just takes time.  I wrote a hub about Google adsense earnings: Estimate Your Potential Earnings.  I explain it as a snowball building exponentially.  It's just slow growth at first when you only have been around a little while.  By the way, I almost quit after 5 months of no earnings.

1. profile image0

Well luckily I'm also enjoying writing here. It gives me something to do and also allows me to be creative without too much work haha! I plan to stick at this until I start making a decent amount.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)