Beauty or Money?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Just curious, this question is to you men.  Suppose you had two women you are interested in and they are both interested in you. One is very beautiful the other is just plain looking. But the beautiful woman is poor living week to week and will be depending on you for finacial support, while the other woman is very rich, and never worries about money.

Both women are very nice and have all the other qualities you are looking for which one do you choose?

1. Joe Badtoe profile image61
      Joe Badtoeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bizarre!

way to many assumptions in your comparison!

Maybe the less attracitve wealthy woman turns out ot be gay and she falls in love with the beautiful woman and they live hapily ever after!

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

um. that was the most discriminating gay remark, I believe I have ever heard

roll

having reread my thread I can see why you would think that but it really wasn't intentional.

Apologies if you were offended

2. luvpassion profile image62
          luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not to mention extremly shallow... roll

bullshit! you just missed the point that's all, i can't legislate for misinterpretation.

read and digest and exclude your ridiculous inbuilt prejudices

Shallow? Jeez I gotta explain this?

2. Bimendra gun profile image60
      Bimendra gunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Give us the qualities about  that two women

3. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Rich men prefer wealthy women.  Rich men don't want poor women because to them, poor women simply don't bring anything to the socioeconomic table.  Rich men oftentimes view poor women as socioeconomic vampires i.e. golddiggers.  No rich man in his logical mind wants to enter into a relationship w/a poor woman no matter how beautiful she is.

To rich men, poor women are the kiss of socioeconomic death.  They also realize that poor women are after their money.   No rich man who is smart enters into a relationship w/ a poor woman.  That is socioeconomic suicide.  Rich men go w/ rich women.   If the rich man want a fling or a dalliance, he will go w/the poor woman w/ the sole purpose of a thrill & promptly disgarding her when the thrill is gone. 

Rich men despise poor women as they are considered to be inferiors.  That is the name of the socioeconomic game.  They may go w/poor women as a curiosity as they would do to a new dish or a fad.  To rich men, poor women are not to be taken seriously.  They are just a fad, a fancy w/nothing significant nor permanent coming out of such an encounter. 

My advice: if a woman is poor, forget about rich men.  They DON'T want you.  If they do, it is only for a dalliance, nothing more, nothing less.  Rich men want women who can hold their socioeconomic weight.  In essence, like ATTRACTS like.  This is simple mathematical logic.  There is no way in hell that a rich man will be ever serious or fall in love w/a poor woman. If a woman wants to attract a rich man, she had better be rich & successful herself or working towards being rich & successful.   Remember, poor women are socioeconomic liabilities to rich men.  Rich men DON'T want socioeconomic liabilities.  Poor women are to be avoided like the plague to the average rich men.  They see the poor women for who THE LATTER actually are-socioeconomic vampires.

2. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

But I have so much of both!

Nope, not giving one up!

But could always use your money to buy some damn good looks these days!

smile

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does a plain one has any brains? That could solve the problem about the money. Just send her to work!

3. nicregi profile image64
    nicregiposted 13 years ago

I would go for beauty. I am not the type of money man but money would be a nice advantage smile

Just my 2 cents thou...

4. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 13 years ago

I'm not really sure which I'd choose, especially if I was looking for a plain poor woman or a beautiful rich woman, but the two who are interested in me are the reverse ...
    Actually, I never talk about money, so I'd probably discover the beautiful woman is poor when it's too late ...
    But I might marry a very, very, very old, stinking rich woman who has a title ...

1. Glenn Raymond profile image60
      Glenn Raymondposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am going to have to say I would be so confused I'd have to pass and wait for a couple more to come along.  Beauty is not everything and you know the words to the Beatle's song, ".....money can't buy me love."

1. camlo profile image83
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I know it!

But, you know what the main problem is here? One is so plain that you'd have to keep her indoors, and the other one you'd want to take out, but you just couldn't afford to.

Not much fun in either case ...

5. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

What if one of them turns out to be a blow up doll just like Norma Jean my friend Cal's plain lookin' chickababe.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/2675296_f520.jpg

This is actually Dora her girlfriend after she got run over after escaping from John her blow-up boyfriend who turned out to be a womaniser.

1. camlo profile image83

OMG BP! What kind of people do you hang out with?

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha Camlo normally normal people aside from Cal and Norma Jean. Cal hasn't forgiven me since I stepped on Norma with my stilhetto I think even though I offered him my bike pump.

2. camlo profile image83

Sorry BP, I was a bit shocked.

Hmmm. If it turned out to be a blow-up doll like Norma Jean ... I would be shocked. And I would keep her at home.

Yea I did I put her in my laundry that's where she met John after the dog dragged him in then they started their affair which led to Dora's emotional breakdown I'm afraid.

1. camlo profile image83

They met in the washing machine?

Oh so close...twas right on the pile of clothes on the floor next to the twin tub. Wow where you there Camlo....

1. camlo profile image83

No. But from experience, I know that's how it normally happens.

ROFL Camlo it most certainly does.
                I have learned from this experience.
                1. Always check the floor thoroughly before wearing heels inside.
                2. look at what the cat dragged in.
                3.Be suspicious of rubber strangers in de wash house.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Funny/KittyComputer.gif

1. camlo profile image83

I usually ignore those rubber strangers in the wash house. Should I be taking more notice?

My word Cam never trust a piece of rubber that moves.

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Beauty or Money?

Beauty is irrelevant.

Money is relevant.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

EXACTLY,  wealthy men, especially those who are self-made, want women who are equally successful.  Wealthy men want women who can spar w/them socioeconomically.   They want women who are their socioeconomic equal.  They RESPECT women who are socioeconomically equal to them.   

To wealthy men, poor women are considered to be untermenschen-inferiors.  They despise poor women because the latter have nothing to offer them socioeconomically.  It would be a waste of time for a wealthy man to enter into a relationship w/a poor woman unless it is for a momentary thrill or to indulge in some type of fantasy.  For example, a wealthy CEO is going to enter a relationship w/a clerk, secretary, or a woman in a lower position for a dalliance.  The CEO doesn't view such a woman as intelligent or worthy, it will just a hit & go.  The CEO will enter into a serious/respectful relationship w/a woman who is a highly placed executive or professional because this woman is seen as intelligent, educated, & even powerful.  This is the woman the CEO will respect & deem as serious.

7. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 13 years ago

Ah, I love that pic!

8. alternate poet profile image68
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Maybe I am just picky but I prefer both, and have both big_smile big_smile

You want to settle for second best that is ok.

9. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Gotta say you might get burned no matter which one you choose on this one if either one finds out about the other.

10. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Probably the former.

11. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

What difference does it make?  Beauty or Money - both are superficial and without substance to begin with.  roll hmm roll

Why not choose between big boobs or a tiny waist?  I mean honestly, beauty or money, big boobs or a tiny waist, do men even know how to love and care about women?

1. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know one who does! smile

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm thinking it must be.....You!  big_smile

1. profile image61
          logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You must be psychedelic! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)