First amazon sale

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (30 posts)
  1. tthudium profile image60
    tthudiumposted 13 years ago

How long did it take you to get your first amazon sale. I am hoping to make money from amazon. What hub was it, I would like to check it out. Thanks for posting!

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

my first sale was on very first month..then for four months no sale..i even forgot about it..today after a month i checked my amazon..wow..i had 12 sales last month...

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I sold my first amazon product back in May, but it was through an informational hub.

I've been doing a 30dc of sales hubs and I've found that a sales/reivew hub is much more likely to sell amazon products than a plain informational one.

Pick a topic through keyword research of 5k-10k views/month and low competition. Write a sales hub made predominantly around that item. Repeat till you get a sale.... or lots of them smile

You can check out my profile for an idea on what a sales hub is, I'm trying to finish my 30dc by Saturday!

3. joaniemb profile image61
    joaniembposted 13 years ago

I have not had a sale yet 4 months. Will try some of the advice from above.
    Congrats to you. smile

4. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Took a few months to get the first one, then it was sporadic for a few months, but now I regularly get quite a few sales every month.  Patience and writing lots of sales hubs is the key.

5. cindyvine profile image71
    cindyvineposted 13 years ago

Amazon just hasn't worked for me.  I know I'm not doing it right, but have had a few sales, but not regular ones.

6. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I get a fair few sales a day, There is not really much point in me giving away all my secrets though tongue

My advice would be to build hubs, and just keep tweaking them till you find what works.

7. tthudium profile image60

Would about 200 views a day on one hub get a sale, or would it usally need more pagevies?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've found that on information hubs, sales are maybe 1/5000 views.

On sales hubs maybe 1/500.

However only about 15% of my hubs are sales hubs.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I'd better not complain.  I haven't felt like Amazon was pulling it's share, but I've just crossed 5000 views (all time) but have 7 sales now.

I haven't made very many sales hubs, though - only a handful aimed at Amazon.

2. Uzdawi profile image72
      Uzdawiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It depends how well your hub is written and what is the subject of that hub.For example if you write a good quality hub about fishing lures that has about 150 pageviews per day, you will get a lot more sales, than you would get a high-quality hub about computers(or something that costs much) that has 300 pageviews per day.It depends on the subject you are writing about.

For me it took 3 months to get my first amazon sale.Now I´m getting at least one sale almost every day.Unlike Thisisoli, I´m giving all my secrets away.You can find all my "secrets" on my hub(how to create a successful hub?).

8. PurpleOne profile image79
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

I just got my first amazon sale today! I just joined Amazon two days ago because for some reason, I didn't know that I could join as a Canadian. I have been writing on here for about a year and have only made around $40 with adsense so I was very happy to see something with Amazon so quickly but I think it might be luck because there were two products purchased that had nothing to do with anything I was trying to sell.

1. tthudium profile image60
      tthudiumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!
      Hope your future is expensive... lol
      About how many pageviews do you get a day??

1. deefoster profile image62
        deefosterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@purple one. That's awesome.  It shouldnt be hard to believe if your hubs were already getting traffic before you added amazon.
        there willbe more to come especially if your hubs already has some age.

1. PurpleOne profile image79
          PurpleOneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Dee! I don't get that much traffic really but some of my older hubs are almost a year old so maybe that helps me. Thanks again!

2. PurpleOne profile image79

Thank you! I get around 150 page views a day but hoping that will improve as I'm trying to learn more about keywords.

9. liljen23 profile image76
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

I made my first sale at the end of July and it was based around this school season. I guess I made the right decision to make a few sales hubs on this topic. Since that topic was targeted and most of the customers were already in "buy mode", I made more sales from it. It is like you have to make the right decisions with keywords and topic to make some sales. Currently I am in the 6.5% referral rate, I want to try to make it to the 7% rate if I can. Wrylilt information is very helpful towards this topic.. smile

10. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

My very first Amazon sale was for an item that I had never seen before or written about.  I have no idea which hub they launched into Amazon from, but I was grateful.  I went on to write a hub about that item and have made several more sales for that item.  Pay attention to what people buy from you once they do.

I was wondering, are the majority of your amazon sales products that you actually have displayed on your hubs? What percent of your sales would you say comes from those items that you have never seen before or written about?

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not going to go through 2 yrs worth of sales to check, but if I were to guess, I'd say 75% of my Amazon sales come from products featured in my hubs, the other 25% are totally unrelated items.  But, as I said before, paying attention to that other 25% helps me consider items I might want to write future hubs about.

Thank you for your reply! I will definitely pay attention to that other 25% or whatever it works out to be for me!

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Is-Crap

Check out that hub for a funny look at the unrelated item sales! big_smile

Thanks, WryLilt, I'll take a look! I see that you started a page for tracking your earnings. I will try to remember to keep an eye on that too because it gives me hope for myself!

11. Kyriana profile image70
    Kyrianaposted 13 years ago

I've only had one amazon sale and it was a DVD of a tv show I wrote a hub about. I guess it would qualify as a review. Good luck with Amazon!

12. tthudium profile image60

Thanks for all the stats, and info. This will give me a good start. I'm trying to keep my hub limit to a hub a day. I have my amazon account set up. I am getting my adsense account reviewed right now. How much more do you make with adsense that with amazon??

13. KCC Big Country profile image85

I make about 5 times as much with Adsense than I do Amazon.

14. KCC Big Country profile image85

You're welcome......and as they say......"you results may vary".   LOL   Good luck!

15. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 13 years ago

I never make much on Amazon and find eBay a lot better. I have had over 50€ on there not so long ago. But having said that I sold a book on Amazon a couple of weeks back for $50 and had only advertised it for a week.

16. m920621m profile image67
    m920621mposted 13 years ago

I sold my first item just a few days ago. I had 32 clicks by that time so my conversion rate was 3.12%. Enough for me to get excited and start writing more hubs smile I also promote my hubs through social network sites a bit and submit my reviews to various directories so I get some traffic from other places as well. Not hubpages alone. By the way, how about adsense? Does anybody make any money from it? I haven't so far so I'm wondering if it makes money at all.

17. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

I sold my first Amazon item after about two months here.  I didn't really do a product hub until around that time, I think.  The first item sold was a book from my "Great Children's Books" hub.  Feel free to take a look at it, but it's not really a true picture of what my sales hubs look like or what works best for me - I'm just answering your question...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)