Do you have any pet hates?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (25 posts)
  1. richtwf profile image60
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

What are your pet hates?

For example: I hate it when I see people dropping their litter on the floor.

1. gramarye profile image59
      gramaryeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I tap them on the shoulder and advise them that they dropped something - may ask if it is something important! In Australia, we can say "Did you drop something Sport?"

richtwfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like that advice and I will remember that for next time! Thanks for sharing that.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i don't have a lot of those, except maybe when people (strangers) invade my personal space, like when you are waiting in line or something. i mean, they get right up in your face. this happened twice last week on two seperate occasions, both men. women seem more aware of personal space than men. anyway this one guy not only got all up in my face, when i moved away from him as far as i could without crowding the other person in front of me he had the nerve to go, in a big booming voice 'I'm not going to take your spot, heh heh heh'.

like i was even talking to him... roll

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1) mean people
      2) bad drivers
      3) crowds

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I work in retail.

I hate customers who do dumb things. LoL

Like you hold your hand out for the money, they drop it all on the counter (Usually $7.65 in coins you have to pick up.)
    When you ask 'Do you want a bag' and they say 'If you've got one'. Would I offer one if I didn't???
    People with chips on credit cards - after they swipe the card it says 'insert'. They just keep swiping it. I guess no one ever told them that repeating the same action over and over, hoping for a different result is a definition of insanity!

3. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

I dislike people on cell phones in public ignoring the living breathing human beings among them.  Not even taking time to say thank you or have a nice day to the cashier after making a purchase.

4. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 13 years ago

People who chew with their mouths open, slurp soup and coffee, and suck air into straws when the beverage is almost but not all gone.

Tailgaters.

That's not all of it, but it's a start. smile

I share your sentiments.

I know someone who slurps their soup, a Chinese relative and in our culture - it's perfectly fine to slurp all you like!

I accept it as a part of my joint -cultural upbringing even though I'd never slurp - it is funny but not when you're in a Western restaurant as it can be seriously embarrassing!

1. gramarye profile image59
        gramaryeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I knew someone who talked while eating and spat food everywhere!

2. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Living in China I have been instructed in the art of noisy eating - it is considered impolite by some to eat silently without any outward appreciation of the food.  The charming young lady who remarked on my silent eating says that it appears selfish and self-centred to 'eat by myself' LOL

LOL

My Mum is a more 'reserved' diner like me, while my Dad is less inhibited!

3. Sally's Trove profile image78
        Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You bring up such a good point...rules of etiquette are different in different cultures. I surely was speaking from my Western view.

To add another pet hate, people with those things in their ears (or just plain cell phones) having conversations while in public spaces, especially while waiting in a line. My favorite funny about this was a big burly guy talking to his girfriend through his ear in a huge voice about how much he loved her. His voice was right in my head at the time, violating that personal bubble that most would like to have respected. He was behind me in line, and I turned to him, looked way up into his eyes, and said, "I didn't know you felt that way about me!" I am happy to say that his face turned beet red and he ended the conversation with his girlfriend.

Super thread...thanks for starting it.

5. gramarye profile image59
    gramaryeposted 13 years ago

I hate it when young female shop assistants ignore me but offer perfect service to a young male - happened recently in a handbag shop!

6. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Yep... I Do!! sad

I Hate what my Mother did with my Father!! sad

1. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In Fact... I can't believe that she didn't know what rubbing up against his leg would lead to yikes

7. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

I love my pets.

I know, not what you meant.

8. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I hate when my husband has to argue with the other drivers on the road. He knows they can't hear him and the only one effected by this is me, which gets me upset. He never argues with me like that but I still feel the ill effects when he does it in the car. I can't stand that.

I have threatened to get out of the car and walk when he does this, that usually gets him to stop.

9. joaniemb profile image60
    joaniembposted 13 years ago

I hate when you call a company and you get the automated machine  press 1 for ...., press 2 for .... press 3 for... and you do not get the option to talk to an operator.
    You can spend 5 minutes on the phone pressing numbers and getting no where. When you finally get the option to talk to a customer service rep. It always says you may experience a long wait and your call will be answered in the order it came in. OMG had they given you the option 10 minutes ago to speak with a person most likely you would be off the phone already.

10. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 13 years ago

I hate toilet rolls being put on the holder the wrong way round.  Completely stupid and weird I know, but I find myself putting them 'the right way round' in other peoples houses.  I think I might need help.

LOL

I can empathise with you Kathryn but I wouldn't go as far as putting it right!

11. EatLovePray profile image60
    EatLovePrayposted 13 years ago

1. When people make plans, and cancel them the day before.
    2. Cockroaches, and bugs..! hmm
    3. Crowdy and noisy areas.
    4. When the weather forecast says something, but it happens the opposite!
    5. People who talk bad about others behind their back..!

Agree with most of your list ELP - No 5 is one thing I don't like to see but it happens so what to do?

12. PurpleOne profile image80
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

People who think they're better than everyone else, people who think they know everything, people who think they're perfect.

Agree! People who are too big for their boots - I don't like them either.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)