Hub on as hub 44 shoud I unpublish?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)
  1. steve-bc-ca profile image73
    steve-bc-caposted 13 years ago

If the score on a hub that was published yesterday is now 44 should I give up on that hub or try and fix it? 44 is very low and I think it may just not be a good topic?

1. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not sure, but if you published it immediately after writing it it will take some time before the score rises.  I would give it a few days and then if the score is still that low, I would take another look at it.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
        Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I take it you are asking about the sundress/sunglasses knockoff hub?
        I would first add a lot more word content!
        Then take away the all bold lettering.  Just a suggestion.

2. steve-bc-ca profile image73
      steve-bc-caposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow, that is a bad title! here's another question how do I remove my question. lol

3. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who determines the score of a hub? And what is considered a low score and average score?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is automated, depending on many factors. An initial score around 50 is given. It can briefly drop below 50. A sustained score of less than 50 must be considered low. Once it falls below 40, the links become no-follow, otherwise there are no real consequences.

There is no such thing as an "average" score for hubs. If they have traffic, they would tend to go into the 70s and higher, but it is normal to have a wide spread of hub scores.

1. profile image0

Thanks WE - I'm going to check all my hubscores... now I'm panicking! lol

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. I checked your scores, and they look just fine.

1. profile image0

Yes, the last two I did are still a little low, but I'm guessing it's because they haven't been published for long. I'm not a professional writer, so it's hard for me to come up with ideas and do research. I try but I can only write about things that are important to me and that I'd like to share with others. I don't think I could write about products - my literary talent must be saved for the very limited word-lifetime I've been granted. big_smile

2. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wait a week, it will rise.

4. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 13 years ago

Fix it.  There is seldom a reason to delete a hub (just my opinion) unless it is plainly and completely out of date in its particulars.  A political hub promoting a candidate for election, perhaps.

5. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hub on as hub 44 should I unpublish?

I would suggest you go to the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum thread and post it in a thread.

Let other hubbers actually see the hub, which will generate some sort of traffic and bring it up from where it is.

Not to mention, you'll also get some advice about the hub and possibly improve it.

That's just a thought.

I mean, you could take the easy way out and just unpublish the hub and be done with it. But, then what will you learn from doing that? Hmmm.... hmm

6. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

My lowest hub rating is 67. wink

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've got one I wrote, but did not publish, about 2 weeks ago.  It was well into the 70's for a while, but has now dropped to 66.  As I won't publish for at least another month, it will be interesting to see where it goes.

I've also got a couple of new ones in the 50's but the rest are 60's or above.  Pretty typical, I think, although I very seldom see a 90 and others report as much as 100.  I don't sweat it.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Wilderness, a hub will top out at 79 as long as it is unpublished. It will drop down after that. wink

2. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What intrigues me is how my average always is 70 or 71.  I usually have between 20 and 30 hubs at 80 and up, with only a handful in the  90's, but if a few of them rise up, then it seems some others drop a few points to compensate and the average almost never changes.  It has been like that always - 15-20% at 80 or more and always averaging 70 to 71.

Seems strange to be so consistent.

1. WryLilt profile image89
            WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'd agree there. I nearly always have one or two between 95-99 but those  two change at random. Some of my hubs regularly sail back and forth between 80 and 95.

And my average remains 73. Even after deleting some non-performing and low scoring hubs.

Edit: Just checked and the top 12 on your account page with the highest hub score determines the 12 shown on your profile under the title 'best'. Never knew that. I don't know how 'hot' is determined though.

2. profile image0

Hi Cags!

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Klara. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)