JESUS (PBUH) –SON OF MAN

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Arjumand01 profile image59
    Arjumand01posted 13 years ago

The actual meaning of father as referred to by  Jesus(PBUH)  in the Bible, is God. This is a figure of speech in Hebrew. Most Christians claim that Jesus was the son of God that he claimed divinity .As we read the bible we see that all men who were god-fearing and holy where called  the sons of God, to that Jesus is not an exception. Moses was the son of God, Abraham was the son of God  and so on. God has sons by the tones in the bible! The following verses are a clear evidence.
    "...Adam, which was the SON OF GOD."
    Luke 3:38
    "That the SONS OF GOD saw the daughters of men that they
    were fair...
    "And when the SONS OF GOD came in unto the daughters of
    men, and they bare children to them..."
    Genesis 6:2&4
    "...Israel is MY SON, even my firstborn:"
    Exodus 4:22
    "...for I (God) am a FATHER to Israel, and Ephraim is my
    firstborn."
    Jeremiah 31:9
    "...the Lord hath said unto me, (David) Thou art MY SON: this
    day have I BEGOTTEN thee."
    Psalms 2:7
    "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the
    SONS OF GOD."
    Romans1 8:14

The phrase ‘son of god’ is a metamorphic descriptive term. But most Christians go on and argue that every man was created by God and that  Jesus(PBUH) was the ‘begotten son of God’.
    John chapter 3 verse 16 reads:
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    This verse was thrown by thirty two scholars backed by fifty denominations of highest eminence out from the revised standard version (RSV), considered most accurate.
    Jesus is mentioned 81 times in the New Testament as ‘son of man’
    22.  Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
    Allah gives a clear picture in the Glorious Quran about Jesus(PBUH)  in surah An-Nisa chapter4 verse 171

(1) That he was the son of a woman, Mary, and therefore a man;
    (2) But an apostle, a man with a mission from God, and therefore
    entitled to honour;
    (3) A Word bestowed on Mary, for he was created by God's word
    "Be" (kun), and he was; 3:59.
    (4) A spirit proceeding from God, but not God: his life and mission
    were more limited than in the case of some other apostles,
    though we must pay equal honour to him as a man of God. The
    doctrines of Trinity, equality with God, and sonship, are
    repudiated as blasphemies.1 God is independent of all needs and
    has no need of a son to manage His affairs. The Gospel of John
    (whoever wrote it) has put a great deal of Alexandrian Gnostic
    mysticism round the doctrine of the Word (Greek, Logos), but it
    is simply explained here, and our Sufis work on this
    explanation."
    A
    There is not a single unequivocal statement throughout the Bible, in all its 66
    volumes of the Protestant versions, or in the 73 volumes of the Roman
    Catholic versions, where Jesus claims to be God or where he says - 'worship
    me.' Nowhere does he say that he and God Almighty are one and the same
    person.

1. Rishy Rich profile image73
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I know Jesus wasnt Son of God, neither Muhammad was a God's Prophet...smile They died long time ago...get a life dude!

2. mohitmisra profile image62
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paarsurrey when you get to know god for yourself you will understand the meaning of Jesus and all humans being the sons of god and god.

3. profile image58
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Duh! why don't you read the Bible some time

4. profile image52
      Volliemanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Correct, He ,Jesus, never asked anyone to worship Him, but He did not prevent them from doing so either. Thomas' reference to the resurrected Jesus as MY LORD AND MY GOD is a form of worship, and acknowledgement of Jesus as God.  The apostles eventually on understanding the message of Jesus did worship Him as God, but in spirit and truth as He taught. The act of worshipping is acknowledging the status of the One being worshipped, as worthy of worship, and in spirit and truth mean truly heartfelt belief in the truths He taught and living by them.

1. TMMason profile image60
        TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes he did.

Read the New testament... he stated clearly. "Do not bow before me, but bow to the father in heaven only".

Learn something about the subject before you state false facts.

http://www.yale.edu/faith/downloads/rp/ … nglish.pdf

We are all the Sons and Daughters of our Father in Heaven.

1. profile image58

Jesus is the father, read Isa 9:6, among many others

2. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

have you met my good friend Paar?

1. Rishy Rich profile image73
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They would definitely fall in love... lol

3. pjk_artist profile image61
    pjk_artistposted 13 years ago

This is the most intelligent thing I've read of late.
    Thank you for taking the time to quote all those passages.
    Now let me try to explain them with a bold statement or two.

Jesus is the son of God. David is the son of Jesus.
    Jesus is God in man personified. David is mankind personified.

The writers of scripture (whoever they were ;o) experienced the pattern that God set out to awaken when he died to become man.
    The encountered a son "from above" that called them "father" ...soon after they experienced the re-birth of God from within.

Every man will experience the re-birth of God within them in the FORM of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is naught but your own imagination.

4. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Oh for the power of change...

The world's people have progressed
    From the Blind - Leading the Blind

To Some DOG Doing it instead yikes

lol

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

http://static.keptelenseg.hu/fun/images/4bb5435fdea16ebea9df3742a8439dd2.gif

6. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

OMG... It's BumbleTown - NZ. smile

7. BethShay777 profile image58
    BethShay777posted 13 years ago

If we are Christians we are called the Sons and Daughters of God. But Jesus was God in the flesh and He is alive today.

8. gloriajeanjones profile image60
    gloriajeanjonesposted 13 years ago

Don't be stupid, Jesus is a seperate entity, he was the only one to be created directly by God,hence 'his first born Son' everything else was created THROUGH Jesus. So how can Jesus be God if God Created him, use your brain. If you know your Bible you would know this. he is alive in the spirit realm NOT on earth.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did that once and Jesus suddenly disappeared in a puff of smoke. wink

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. pjk_artist profile image61
      pjk_artistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are both correct. We are all sons and daughter of God. The flesh Jesus existed, exists, and will exist in is the flesh of your body. David symbolizes the fleshy bodies of mankind and is the son of Jesus.

Jesus is a separate state not entity. There is only one Jesus. One son and one father. How can Jesus be God if God created Him?!? If YOU know your bible you would know this. Did Jesus not say I and the Father are one.? Did he not say I am about my father's business? (of course he wasn't a man who said these things...its all a symbolic story) If you were an infinite God how would you continue to grow? How about by planting bits of yourself in man so that each seed in turn becomes infinite?

Jesus in scripture is God in man personified. The only spirit realm or heaven which exists is in your mind. Your Skull. Golgotha.  Christmas is actually the birth if Christ within YOU! You will all experience it. Until you do you most will not believe me and turn. I in the state of Andrew am leading you to Christ. Choose this day who you serve. Do you choose the Lord? Then henceforth you are witnesses against yourself.

1. hanging out profile image60
        hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How can Jesus be God if God created Him?!?

if you ever want to believe that god is a spirit you would understand how this is possible. But let me enlighten you. Turn on the water faucet, the water is God, lots of it eh, now put a glass under the running water. See how the glass fills up, take the full glass away and see, God is still flowing out the faucet and the glass is full of God. The glass btw, is jesus.

God and jesus are outside of natural law and not of any inwardness. If god is inward then that is worship of the creation and not the creator
           Romans 1:25 "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen".
           Deuteronomy 17:3 "And hath gone and served other gods, and worshiped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded"
           Job 15:31 "Let not him that is deceived trust in vanity: for vanity shall be his recompence".
           Job 35:13 "Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it".
           Psalms 39:5 "Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity".
          Ephesians 4:17 "This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind". (but i digress lol)

If YOU know your bible you would know this

the same to you fellah.

heaven which exists is in your mind
            John 3:13   And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
            Luke 11:2   And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

2 Peter 1:20   Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
        You seem to have a private interpretation.

9. hanging out profile image60
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

Matthew 3:17 "And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased".
    Son - huios - son

Here's the creation of that Son.
    Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God".

You will notice that sometimes the word son has a capital S as in matthew 3:17 above. This capital S marks a difference between the small s, son. Son and son. Son is THE Son of God and son are worshipers of god. Subtle difference but divine inspiration leaves nothing out.

Short and sweet.
    you are welcome

1. profile image58

Isa:9:6 Unto us a child is given, unto us a Son is born. thee government shall be upon His shoulders, His name shall be call The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father'

This is very Plain who Jesus is.
      He is my everlasting Father which art in Heaven.
      He is the Mighty God

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)