extremist

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (63 posts)
  1. profile image57
    exorterposted 13 years ago

an extremist in any religion is not following their true religion. so if we are talking about a christian that has went astray, has left the true christian faith. do we still call them christians just because they use to be christian. The attacks in India can we really call those people muslims, I do not think so. They have left their religion, and have basically become non believers. It is those nonbelievers through out the world that is giving religion a bad name, It is time we stop calling these people a name that includes the religion they use to be. lets leave it as extremist.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All they are doing is following the instructions of their gods. All of them. smile

Quoran:

Qur’an 3:56 “As for those disbelieving infidels, I will punish them with a terrible agony in this world and the next. They have no one to help or save them.”

Like to see the biblical equivalent? I guess not. smile

1. profile image57
        exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

use you mind and think again, I will pray for God to give you a measure of wisdom

Has your prayer been answered yet? lol

1. profile image57

being a christian I am going to leave that question alone

2. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah yeah yeah  lets claim all the good stuff for religion and all the bad stuff for them others - old old ploy - get a life.

1. profile image57

If you truly follow Gods instructions you will love you enemies, you will turn the other cheek, you will not attack people because they piss you off. all non believers want to blame religion because some one leaves their true faith because they want power, money or what ever excuse they have for leaving their true beliefs in God

1. alternate poet profile image67

I have a deal of respect for the cultural inheritance of what we consider to the norms of good and bad - none of it includes listening to voices in my head, and it definately does not include listening to the voices that others hear in their heads; following writings from people clearly suffering from mental illness and ego worship is mindless.  You can ignore all the facts you like, but to come here and blabber meaningless words instead of answering the real questions is childish.

I concur. You stated your case very well. I don't see any of the non-believers having social issues or any other issues for that matter. smile

2. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

While I don't have a bible to hand to quote from, I did read  it when I was in hospital and there are a few passages in there which talk about what happens if you believe in another god.

The entire Crusades thing was based on what God thought you should do to non Christians as well.  Go peace on earth - woooo.

3. profile image57

why not get back on the subject.
      why call some one a christian extremist or muslim extremist if they have left the true faith and become a nonchristian or a nonmuslim, just call them extremist or non believers, because they are not what they are called.

4. h.a.borcich profile image61
      h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

An extremist of anything is one who has gone beyond and clearly into something else.
      Is an anorexic focused on healthy weight?
      When a person rescues 40 cats and keeps them in one house, are they still an animal rescuer?
      I think when a person goes well beyond they step into something else. It applies to religion and everything.

5. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...yes, i would like to see the biblical equivalent...looking for some insight...

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/foxman515/Funny%20GiF%20pic/120.gif

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Religion can only be taken to the extreme, because it requires complete blind faith. roll

1. profile image57

finally you see the truth, you must blindly follow the word of God and not listen to all the non believers that satan seems to want to put in the christians path

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was pointing out the complete insanity of your words. No wisdom in them. No knowledge of life in them. Just insanity.

1. profile image57

My thread has plenty of wisdom from God, from His word, if you can not see that, then I will pray that God will open you understanding and give you a little wisdom also.
          It is 1:30 here so I had better get to bed, got to run around tomorrow and get some bills paid.
          so good night to all of you and God Bless all of you

1. stilljustwonderin profile image61
            stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They don't understand God's wisdom.  They only see the world, the things of the world.

4. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

@exorter how can non believer blow himself and expect heaven in return..non believer wont believe in heaven..

That's true! smile

1. profile image57

I must be doing right for the world to be attacking me

1. pisean282311 profile image63
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well it might apply at individual level but if we make list of all those suicide bombers who blew up all around the world ..most eyed heaven or had political goal....and non believers in ideology cannot commit such acts...those who took plane to wtc or killed in mumbai were eyeing 72 virgins and heaven..while those who blew themselves in sri lanka were eyeing future where tamils would have their own country or atleast equal rights...

1. Jerami profile image59
            Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For the most part these suicide bombers live in abject poverty with no hope for a future,

I read that they would go sign up for the job opportunity, be given their tools of the trade and when the job is completer; their famils are given a kings ransom.

Hunger usually plays a part in civil unrest which leads to wars.

suicide bombers are complex beings..they dont just come from poor families..muhammad atta was not poor...top brass who trains these fanatics are well educated people...yes poverty is one issue but guess self image too is big big issue...they want something larger than life theme and community/heaven/praise from god/virgins etc fit the bill..

1. profile image57

but that is serving their own words not their true religion

No that is all in the quoran they base their religion on! Haven't you read the quoran? smile

2. profile image57

Jerami, doesn't that make the people just as likly to be nonbelievers as it does believers of thier true religion

Sadly when people that are hungry enough and have no hope for the future will call themselves anything that is required in order to end their loved ones sufering..

A test of faith for believers and a small sacrifice for non believers.

Or something like that anyway.

3. Beelzedad profile image58
              Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Entirely not true. Many suicide bombers come from families with money, often they are well educated, too.

4. thisisoli profile image71
              thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The majority of suicide bombers and for that matter terrorists come from well educated backgrounds and middle income families.

I can't remember if it was freakonomics or super freakonomics where they talked to a guy whos job was to collate accounts which matched identifiers which could posibbly signify whether someone was a terrorist or not based on financial transactions.

I knew that many of the leaders of these groups were financially well off.
                   I wasn't aware that the actually Martyrs were also rich $$

I was just supposing caust that makes more sense to me.
                   I can't didagree with ya  because I just don't know.
                   I admitt it.

2. profile image57

they are fooling themselves because they did not get what they wanted.
            a true believer would not commit such acts. only non believers could think they would gain anything by doing these things.
            a true believer believer will love their enemies, just like the Word of God says to do.
            I know non believers will misquote the word or take them out of context to try to do what they think they are doing

1. getitrite profile image70
              getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quite the contrary.  It seems that it is the MOST TRUE believer that commit these acts.

The fact that you haven't stoned any adulterers or homosexuals to death, indicates that you are not a true believer.

2. profile image57

pisean,your comment, is right on, they are following other non believers that are fooling themselves, and evidently fooling others.

well it is easy to get rid of political ideological based extremism...but how to deal with people who claim to get direction from books whom they call holy?...how to convince them , they quote from some books and call it perfectly valid...take case of laden..isn't he educated? rich?..he is ..but he believes that he can threaten the world to submit to his version of religion ...and many people buy his way of thinking...only scholars can defeat them..ideology needs to be neutralized by ideology...

5. stilljustwonderin profile image61
    stilljustwonderinposted 13 years ago

Your right.  A true Christian will follow Jesus.  "Christ"ian.
    Jesus spoke of love, forgiveness, peace.  "Blessed are the peacemakers"
    The extremist are not following Jesus!
    The extremist who think they will have the virgins in heaven?  There are no marriages in heaven.

lol who would want to marry if he gets 72 virgins without marrying lol...on serious notes you have a point ..but all religious people belonging to any religion who love life must do something about misinterpretations of the books...like 72 virgins is very much a motivation factor for people blowing off themselves in iraq,afghan,pakistan ...they believe that they are serving their community and would be rewarded..ofcourse 72 is just part of reward...

Who would have the energy for 72?   big_smile
        I think they are as Judas.  Satan has entered into them.  Even if they don't believe in Jesus, there is still "Thou shall not kill."

2. profile image57

stilljustwondering,
      the others just can not see that when some one leaves the word off God for their own will, they are no longer following the word, so they are no longer Christians but they are nonbelievers that are in the world. they can not reconize thier fellow nonbelievers

Well, I think they do believe in God unlike the non believer, but, I think Satan has entered into them and tricked them.  They are no longer following the faith, they are following Satan.  So they are no longer "Christians", or Muslims.  Satan believes in God, he can also recite scripture.  Satan changes the scripture a little bit to trick his followers.
        So, call them devil followers, or extremists.  They think they are following God, but they are following Satan.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is very true, those who never understand the underlying issues surrounding these atrocities will usually resort to shifting the burden of responsibility onto third party, fairy tale creatures. smile

2. earnestshub profile image81

"  Satan believes in God"
          God made satan remember, he probably would believe in him!

The children and I have been playing with satan all day!

We are all exhausted! lol lol lol

You should have heard the satanic noises one of the 5 year olds made!

You would have struck her down on the spot! She is such a heathen!

Don't you people have anyone to go to and just love?
          You know.... real people!

This third person whispering diatribe would make vomit sick!

3. profile image57

I think the majority of the world believes in god, they just do not want to leave the things of the world, a lot of them even go to church.

Go to church? Bad people? Do tell! lol lol lol

1. profile image57

there are a lot of people that leave church because of bad experiences. then they give people of faith a hard time, but that is ok, the word says that they will do that

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
                Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi exorter, the bible clearly says that.

2. earnestshub profile image81

and what possible reason would it have for not saying that about itself? It's a self promoting belief after all! smile

3. pisean282311 profile image63

well it doesnot require super intelligence to write stuffs like some people would leave church..it is law of average..bible authors were only 2k years old..so their intelligence had risen to level that they can understand law of average...

2. stilljustwonderin profile image61

Yeah,  the majority of the world does believe in God, one faith or another.
            There are some in church who doesn't really follow God.  You can not serve God and Mammon.  Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.

exorter
            there are a lot of people that leave church because of bad experiences. then they give people of faith a hard time, but that is ok, the word says that they will do that

Yeah, just smile and be happy.  The Bible says it will happen.   It means your doing something right.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
              Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is being obnoxiously self righteous doing "something right" now?

2. Woman Of Courage profile image61
              Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree stilljustwonderin. Majority people do believe in God, and some refuse to admit it because of pride, arrogance, anger, and to satisfy their own selfish desires.

1. srwnson profile image60
                srwnsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed WOC. For as Jesus said in the parable of the sower of seeds(word)Mark 4 verses 3 through 8.

I speak the word, to many it will fall on deaf ears Satan takes away the words sown in their hearts, some will hear and not understand when problems arise they reject the word and follow the pack mentality such as many non-believers on this site do.

Some hear the word but cannot give up the cares of the world, riches, lust, ego, pride and the word is useless to them.

But some might hear and have their sins forgiven.

1. Cagsil profile image70
                  Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I swear religious folk are funny. They speak about parables, yet fail to realize the metaphorical aspect.

Ridiculous really. hmm

2. alternate poet profile image67

Those of us who do not believe in any god would say that nobody really believes in god, you are all just frightened and cling together and call it worship.

By claiming that those who don't believe - like you do - you exhibit pride, arrogance, anger, and the need to satisfy your own selfish desires.

6. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Nah! It's little boys they want according to the quoran.

Qur’an 52.24 And there shall wait on them [the Muslim men] young boys of their own, as fair as virgin pearls.

Qur’an 76.19 They shall be attended by boys graced with eternal youth, who will seem like scattered pearls to the beholders.

Sounds like an edict from the pope! lol lol lol

lol lol lol lol  so we find things written in quran being implemented in last place expected to do that?

Yep! lol lol lol

2. profile image57

I have read the quran and did not see that. I did read in it to love people of other religions including Christians, so they are not following their word of God, so they are not true muslims, which makes they really non believers

7. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Before I say that I have the best of anything

It will be tested thoroughly before It is given a place of honor.   That would apply to peoples virtue as well.

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it.

8. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Maybe it is just me but the bible babblers seem to be getting less and less intelligent.  I am beginning to miss old Goldenboots and where is jereboam when you need a semi-sane religioniser - and that horrendous hellfire and high horse woman, Bender or something like that, and the Polish soup woman and that real rock solid guy that I kinda liked but goldenboots chased him away, and some other guy who can post reams of meaningless scripturewithout even breaking wind.  Come back - all is forgiven, please don't leave us here alone with these plonkers ! ! !

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...wanna come to church?...

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy317/mlmvicbc/nickgoingtohell.jpg

2. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)