Quality Vs. Quantity.What is your take?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (33 posts)
  1. ponx profile image81
    ponxposted 13 years ago

Do you think that writing 2-3 quality hubs per week is the right approach or its all about the quantity because the more hubs you write the more traffic you can get to your website (I guess so!)

1. tthudium profile image60
      tthudiumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that quality is the best. As long as you keep everything original, and new, Lord Google, Lady Yahoo, and Baby Bing will love to put it in their search engines. You can then redirect this traffic to your website. Whereas if you make 15 hubs that are nothing but crap, then they wont get ranked by the search engines, and you wont get any traffic to your website
      I hope this helps!

1. ponx profile image81
        ponxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes thats true.Crap is not gonna help for sure! smile

2. profile image55
        MyPostingIDposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You'd be surprised how easily lots of "crap" ranks. 

Throw up a blank WordPress blog with properly SEO'd domain, URL, title, and H1 tag for a low competition keyword/phrase and you can easily rank on the first page of Google.

GoogleBot cannot differentiate between quality and crap, only relevancy.

3. experimenter profile image60
        experimenterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't matter as long as you backlink all your hubs you should be in good shape.

Your "quality" hub is nothing if you don't have the traffic. Google consider "links" as votes to your hubs. If you don't have votes, that means your article is crappy no matter how great your hub is. On the other hand, no matter how crappy your article is, if it got links pointing to it, google will think your hub has a good content. Google spiders can't read articles you know.

When writing a hub to earn money:
        *write both for the google spiders and your readers. (Remember onpage SEO and make sure your articles can be read and understood by human)

*Mind your bounce back rate  (Don't publish ridiculously crappy article unless it's only for backlinks)- If you have a hub that has huge bounce back rate, google spiders will think your article is irrelevant and it will affect your google rankings.

*Make sure you can promote/send backlinks to it unless it's competition are weak.

*Make sure that it has relevant ads for more adsense clicks.

*Make sure it has enough searches for months to bring in the moolah.

That's it!  I could've wrote a hub for this but anway, just always apply this and you'll be in good shape.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

def quality.
      long, quality hubs make the most $ LONG TERM smile

3. bala99 profile image61
      bala99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quality should win hands down! Even one quality Hub a week is good! If the hubber has the time and the talent to churn out two or three of such hubs, then there is nothing like it!

4. eslevy17 profile image60
      eslevy17posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd love to say quality, because I'd like that kind of reputation, but if you're going for money it's probably 70% quantity and 30% quality. If an article isn't so great they might click on an ad just to run away from you and buy the product instead of hearing what you have to say.

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Quantity of Quality.

Quality of content is reigning KING! wink

1. ponx profile image81

Agreed casgil smile

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so you already knew??!!
        :-O

1. ponx profile image81

I kind of knew smile but I wanna know what others in HP think.

3. Benjimester profile image87
    Benjimesterposted 13 years ago

I think it's a mix.  Quality is definitely better.  One hub that gets 100 daily views is better than 20 hubs that gets 3 per day.  That being said, if all you ever do is go after those 100 per day hubs, you'll not write too much.  2-3 quality hubs per week is a bit slim.  I think you should try for at least 5 per week.

1. ponx profile image81

5 quality hubs per week would be awesome! So I think the vote is going towards quality which is good.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

There's way too much "either or" bs in the forums here.

It's a game many people here play over and over again - Beatles or Elvis, for eample. And that's okay if you're into philosophy bs I guess.

But if you want to make money then leave that thinking behind. You have to do both and do both well, and develop hundreds of skills along the way.

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The only thing I didn't include in my statement was that many other things are also required. lol

1. sofs profile image75
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quality hubs, using quality and high paying keywords ,search engine optimized .. ... My head is in a whirl.... I keep trying and the more I try the harder it gets... sad

1. Cagsil profile image69
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

High paying keywords? hmm

That isn't always the best strategy. Focus more on keywords you can get your foot in the door with and settle yourself into a niche market of some sort.

Then write quality keyword enriched hubs and lots of them. smile

1. sofs profile image75

Hi, Back to your old form.. avatar...  High paying or not keywords stump me.... lol
            I am learning, make the mistakes, read , read some more, learn , implement, learn some more and on and on it goes.......

Keywords............OH............roll

2. ponx profile image81

I have tried high paying keywords. Well I did manage to get 2 clicks for the very less number of hubs that I have. But I think I would stick to quality. At least its helped me 60 cents rather than nothing! But the amount of info on HP on how to get traffic to your hubs is overwhelming! I don't even have the time to experiment with all of them! So I will just about try my best with "quality" as of now smile.

1. sofs profile image75

lol

5. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

Quality is king here.

1. A la carte profile image60
      A la carteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would agree that:)

6. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

While it pains me to say it, both work well.

Quality is my tactic, and definitely what I advise. Quantity works well too though, but you need a LOT of quantity for it to work.

1. ponx profile image81

Yes a lot of quality quantity I guess smile

7. Shadesbreath profile image79
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

It depends on your attitude towards the readers.  If you don't care about providing people with a quality experience and genuine information that matters, then quantity is the way to go.  Just puke up as many as you possibly can and wait for the mailman to arrive with your checks. 

If you do care about the real, living humans who will see your article on a search engine after the non-living spiders rank it, people who will click on it hoping for something relevant and written by a person, you, who has written that article because of your expertise and genuine interest in the topic, then you should go for quality.  It is a fact that people bring an inherent trust and faith to the experience of reading.  They trust you because you took the time to write it down, and because writing is an effort for many people, there is an assumption that anyone who undertakes that effort does so for the purpose of perpetuating truth and value.  Who, after all, would go to all that effort to write something ultimately meaningless?  With a quality approach, you'll still make money, just possibly--and I do say "possibly"--not as fast.

1. ponx profile image81

That is a different thought. And I do agree with it. If you are able to build trust amongst your readers that you can provide useful information, in the long run you will surely win smile.

8. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

a mix, i would love 300 hub with an average of 80+ hub score rather than 30 hub with an average of 95+ hub score

9. xixi12 profile image67
    xixi12posted 13 years ago

I would say quality. A friend has only one article in her hub, but gets a lot of traffic because it is ranking number one on google page.

1. profile image55
      MyPostingIDposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Google SERP bots do not rank quality.  They rank relevancy.  A person can write an atrocious hub/article and still get it to rank #1 provided it is relevant.

As a test, register an EMD (exact-match-domain) name and throw up a blank wordpress blog on it.  Give it a title, description, and H1, and an H2 tag all targeting a low-to-moderate competition longtail keyword. 

You'd be surprised at how well it ranks, despite it being garbage.

I agree with what an earlier poster said.  As a marketer, I'll take 300 average hubs over a handful of high-quality hubs.  I don't want readers.  I want clickers/buyers.

1. ponx profile image81

I too want clickers/buyers. But at the same time I also want my readers to feel that they are being offered some quality content so that they will refer my hubs to others.

I do not want to write garbage just for the heck of it. At the end of it I think a mix of both would help.

10. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 13 years ago

Ideally I would say you need a a good quantity of good quality hubs to succeed here!

1. ponx profile image81

Yup that was suggested by Casgil  earlier smile. Agree.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)