How Much Time Is Too Much Time On One Hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (21 posts)
  1. LSKing profile image70
    LSKingposted 13 years ago

From start to finish, including backlinking, how long does it take to create and promote one hub?

1. Victoria Stephens profile image75
      Victoria Stephensposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I spend about 3 hours researching a hub, about 90 mins writing the hub up on Microsoft word.  Then sleep on it and re read over it the next day and spend approx 15 mins making any necessary adjustments.  15 mins copy n pasting it into hubpages and double checking the layout looks satisfactory.  Plus upto an hour finding the picture that I want.  Then about 3 hours promoting it and replying to peoples questions on various different sites, even if it's just the ones that say “hi how are you”.  So that’s approx 9 hours, give or take a little bit. 

I am still quite new here so I’m sure once I’ve got the hang of things a little more, the time it takes will probably be reduced.

2. shaekelly profile image63
      shaekellyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i was wondering about the time, it is such a lengthy process. I guess it will pay off as soon as I can get some followers. Thanks for the input.

3. shaekelly profile image63
      shaekellyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I need to know how to get  followers and traffic.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

varies big time.

But to answer your question, I have seen people claiming that there have been days where they made over a hundred bucks in just one day from just one hub. So if a single hub makes thousands each month then I won't mind spending says on a single hub. Also, I read someone saying that when was the last time you were paid more than once for something you did?

1. LSKing profile image70
      LSKingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WOW! Somebody made 100 bucks off of one hub. That sounds unheard of. I wonder what the hub was about. It must have been laced with a magical spell somewhere in the content that made people click on the ads lol!

1. profile image0
        AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not that person but I have 1 unpublished hub that I wrote and joined hubpages on June 3, 2010. I have not written anything else and I am not going to write anything else. On September 11, 2010 I began to get page impressions on it almost every day in September and October getting page impressions so far but not as much but it is still early in October and I am still getting page impressions. No earnings yet but it will come. You just need to be patient and write quality hub. People will find out about it in some way. Write quality hub and they will come to read it. I was surprised to start getting page impressions in such a short time so it is just a matter of time when I will be earning money with my 1 unpublished hub on hubpages. I have completed what I wanted to do and it is finish. I am now just kicking back and enjoying the ride. Surely it's a wonderful life. Wish everybody here the very best. Thank you. Go in peace.

2. chinweike profile image59
      chinweikeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The writter of that hub must have done something that no one has ever heard of. Can you please link us to the writters profile?

Because would like to make so much from my effort. Though i make some money but not as i would like to.

Cheers!

1. Mikeydoes profile image41
        Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you spend too much time on one hub? I hope not, because I keep working on them all.

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

You should spend as much time as you feel on your hubs. How picky you are is what matters? What kind of results you want will appear in your written work.

I've had hubs that took more than 2 months to write. I've written plenty of hubs inside 30 minutes as well.

So it is completely up to you, the writer. smile

4. ChristinaScibona profile image70
    ChristinaScibonaposted 13 years ago

The time spent on each hub will vary alot from one to the next.  You should take all the time you need to accomplish what you want to accomplish.  The more you put into it the more you will get out of it.

5. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Time spent researching and working is time well spent!!

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. it takes me at least a good 3-6 hours depending whether I need to do research, finding pics and products, etc. sometimes longer if it's a comprehensive hub. I think my first hub was written fairly fast, as I didn't really understand what I was doing.

6. sagebrush_mama profile image60
    sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

I have some that I started months ago, and never got back to...a few, I might delete if I decide I'm not really going to work on it.  However, I like being able to come back to a hub that I've started, and after a week or two, have a fresh perspective or new idea.  Some hubs seem to go quickly, others take a while, depending on the type of hub, and your knowledge and resources.

7. profile image0
    Rhysjcposted 13 years ago

I normally spend a few days coming up with the ideas for the new hub. Like what content I'm going to include. Then I'll do a little more research into it so that the quality of my hub is good. Then I write it, which can take up to 2 hours, depending on the pace I choose. Then I'll probably spend about 2 hours promoting it.

8. TinaAtHome profile image65
    TinaAtHomeposted 13 years ago

I aim to spend no more than 3 hours on a hub. Roughly an hour to write, an hour to upload to HubPages and an hour to backlink.

If I write on a subject where I need to do research, add 2-3 hours to that.

However, I do go back and "Tweak" them frequently when I think there is an improvement that could be made.

9. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

It takes me more than half day from start to finish. But hub promotion work is ongoing process it depends upon the competition.

10. jaymelee23 profile image67
    jaymelee23posted 13 years ago

I spent 6 hours on one yesterday. It's about 2500 words though...Normally, an hour to two hours. It depends on the subject. That doesn't include any promotion in those numbers.

11. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 13 years ago

It really depends. I wrote a hub today that took an hour, but honestly, if I have to spend over an hour on a hub, it isn't worth it to me.

We are writing content to get people to click on ads. If we give them too much information, why would they click for more info unless it was an Amazon hub, where we need to give them info to make them want to buy something.

12. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

It varies from hub to hub.  Sometimes writing just comes.  But a hub a day is doing quite well I think.

I find myself building a hub from the middle out.  The last bits I complete is the first paragraph and the last. 

Keyword research is always the first thing and it can take some time to do this.

13. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I only take 40 minutes per hubpage, as I have other important things to do, like making videos and promotions and marketing and sitting on the toilet and write new ideas!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)